What's new

The Truth

I've said Corbin should go since very early into his head coaching. After a few weeks, it was evident the guy was a lost dog. If some of you can't see that in watching him speak or in his body language, I don't know what else to say. He's just not very intelligent and if he is, then he's God awful at communicating it.

Yup, he came in without even knowing who he wanted as assistant coaches. I would think that a guy who could plan and strategize, and wanted to be a HC would have that list in his pocket at all times. Ty is indecisive (no captain last year) and unsure, not knowing what he wants or how to get it. Or unwilling to do what it takes, like having Sap come off the bench.

Also, I cannot believe how many guys get HC jobs with never being a HC anywhere else first. If I was an owner, that would be the last thing I would do. Go be a hc at high school, then college ball. There is a huge difference in being a HC than being an assistant.

Maybe radical changes would be made if Mo had missed that last shot against SA.. Maybe -as mellow mentioned- wins like that just tolerating bad losses against teams that you should win and just postponing the change we need and causing pipe and wet dreams around the organization.. Milsap said sky is the limit for us after that game but next five game he and the others (vets) are like the failed rocket launching attempts by North Korea.

Corbin is the coach for no other reason than he just happened to be in the right place at the right time. By allowing this to happen, The Jazz have squandered what is perhaps their greatest commodity - and that is a Front Office with a proven track record of backing their coach.

Over the years, how many times have you seen good coaches get the rug pulled out from under them because some prima donna doesn't like them or because the players think he yells too much or he's not running the "right" type of offense? No former coach is going to say it because coaches live in a very tight knit community; but there are plenty of better qualified people than Corbin that would jump at the opportunity to be afforded the captial that Jerry Sloan enjoyed for 20+ years.

I agree with Gyp - Corbin's body language and facial expressions always makes me think he's either confused or one step behind what's going on. And the Raja Bell fiasco is a franchise embarrassment which he bears a good part of the blame.

He's in over his head both on game day and in the locker room and it's time to face up to it.

So the SA win was the pinnacle? Will we be forced to endure a slow and steady slide into the abyss, without anything changing?

I kind of doubt it. Jazz managment built this roster with the goal of a 1st round payday. As the team continues to falter, and the playoffs drift further and further from view (today Jazz are in a tie for 9th place) managment will be forced by thier own goals, and for their own jobs, to do something.

When has anyone in Jazz management had to worry about their job? I can't remember when someone was fired. Tom Nilsalke (sp?).

Corbin is the coach for no other reason than he just happened to be in the right place at the right time. By allowing this to happen, The Jazz have squandered what is perhaps their greatest commodity - and that is a Front Office with a proven track record of backing their coach.

Over the years, how many times have you seen good coaches get the rug pulled out from under them because some prima donna doesn't like them or because the players think he yells too much or he's not running the "right" type of offense? No former coach is going to say it because coaches live in a very tight knit community; but there are plenty of better qualified people than Corbin that would jump at the opportunity to be afforded the captial that Jerry Sloan enjoyed for 20+ years.

I agree with Gyp - Corbin's body language and facial expressions always makes me think he's either confused or one step behind what's going on. And the Raja Bell fiasco is a franchise embarrassment which he bears a good part of the blame.

He's in over his head both on game day and in the locker room and it's time to face up to it.

God damn it.