What's new

The Walking Dead

It's back!! Yes!!!!

I wonder what they do now. Two things stood out as potential major storylines the most to me. I won't give out spoilers but I wonder how they deal with them. Love this show.

I do like the possibilities this season. I also like how they've actually become competent in dealing with mindless zombies.

I see the black guy is still just sorta there. I wonder how he feels about his role? My wife noticed he'd lost weight, wondered if he was bucking for a few scenes.

I do like the possibilities this season. I also like how they've actually become competent in dealing with mindless zombies.

I see the black guy is still just sorta there. I wonder how he feels about his role? My wife noticed he'd lost weight, wondered if he was bucking for a few scenes.

I felt they had improved that as well. How they moved in a circle and flexed to cover each other when one went for a kill when a zombie was down.

Still things I wouldn't do such as not wearing protection while disposing of bodies, walking/running over bodies laying down or agaisnt a wall...proof is in this very episode.

Edit: I would also make it a policy to kill zombies as often as I could. I'd go out of my way to get rid of them. For example. Set up a corral in the jail and lure some zombies in and kill them. Then lure more in and kill them. Over and over for as long as I could find zombies.

Last edited:
I felt they had improved that as well. How they moved in a circle and flexed to cover each other when one went for a kill when a zombie was down.

Still things I wouldn't do such as not wearing protection while disposing of bodies, walking/running over bodies laying down or agaisnt a wall...proof is in this very episode.

Edit: I would also make it a policy to kill zombies as often as I could. I'd go out of my way to get rid of them. For example. Set up a corral in the jail and lure some zombies in and kill them. Then lure more in and kill them. Over and over for as long as I could find zombies.

My wife and I were discussing zombie traps during the episode. I was thinking of a large blade attached to sort of a farm sprinkler stand spinning around out in the middle of a field with meat strapped to it. Zombies walk up and get their heads chopped off.

My wife and I were discussing zombie traps during the episode. I was thinking of a large blade attached to sort of a farm sprinkler stand spinning around out in the middle of a field with meat strapped to it. Zombies walk up and get their heads chopped off.

That is a good one. Catch a rabbit nad hang it up there alive (since this show shows them eating animals)

I was thinking building a thick, very sturdy corral. Put walkways aroudn the outside. On the far end have a little chute with slidding door on both sides. Lure a bunch of zombie sinto the corral and lock them in. Then lure them into the chute and lock them in. Kill them and open the other door and cart the body away. Shut the door and open the door to the corral and lure the next trapped zombie in.

Is it odd that we're imagining mass killing devices like this?

Is it odd that we're imagining mass killing devices like this?

Not to me. Getting your audience to be immersed into your story/world is a sign that it is compelling and entertaining. If we were not talking about this show and what we would do if that was our reality then it would mean the show is dull and none of us would be watching it.

It's back!! Yes!!!!

I wonder what they do now. Two things stood out as potential major storylines the most to me. I won't give out spoilers but I wonder how they deal with them. Love this show.

in the comics they proceeded with caution.

possible spoiler.

some where on the level even helping the group. one of them was a problem

That is a good one. Catch a rabbit nad hang it up there alive (since this show shows them eating animals)

I was thinking building a thick, very sturdy corral. Put walkways aroudn the outside. On the far end have a little chute with slidding door on both sides. Lure a bunch of zombie sinto the corral and lock them in. Then lure them into the chute and lock them in. Kill them and open the other door and cart the body away. Shut the door and open the door to the corral and lure the next trapped zombie in.

what they also did in the comics when getting more organized was build a wall put sand upon it. build a maze of cars and trenches. which would spread zombies around and trap them then everyday certain members of the "tribe" would go out and kill zombies

Why go through all that trouble when they have an Asian dude in the group.

Zombie bait = Asian dude. Why fix what isn't broken.

Why go through all that trouble when they have an Asian dude in the group.

Zombie bait = Asian dude. Why fix what isn't broken.

Because Glen is one of the most-loved characters. Him and Darryl. If there are only 2 characters left when all is said and done, I'd put my money on those two.

Because Glen is one of the most-loved characters. Him and Darryl. If there are only 2 characters left when all is said and done, I'd put my money on those two.

The comics disagreed. I hope those two make it. I also like Herschel. He comes off as grandpa and not the bleeding heart that Dale was.

So only two of them make it out of that episode. All I can say is don't mess with Rick Grimes. That guy is getting cold blooded.

I would try to slowly incorporate the remaining two (seems liek the better ones) itno my group. You could always use a couple more guys willing to do dirty work.