What's new

The What Can We Get For Bogey Thread

NUMBERICA

Alright here is one that everyone can hate...

Utah out - Bogey, Royce, and Gay
Utah In - Gordon Hayward and PJ Washington, plus the 15th pick in the draft.

Charlotte in - Bogey and Richaun Holmes
Charlotte out - Hayward, Washington, #15

Sacramento in - Royce and Gay
Sacramento out - Holmes

Sac gets some wing help and gets out of Holmes deal... he was out of the rotation towards the end of the year... partly with some personal reason stuff. Sabonis and Holmes don't fit. Gay played well in Sacramento before... Royce gives them some wing help. They have some cap space so salaries don't have to be perfect.

Charlotte gets some salary flexibility and a center that pairs really well with Lamelo. He's on a reasonable salary and they get Bogey to replace Gordo on the wing.

Hayward's trade value being lower than Westbrooks (supposedly) is high comedy to me. I don't care about the history... just move on. If he's healthy he's a great fit. If not its only a two year deal. Washington is a great 4/5 option for us potentially... and then we hit it out of the park at #15 and draft the next Giannis or SGA or Donovan or Haliburton.

You are all welcome.
I’ve given this one a lot of thought and I think this is the best suggestion for the retool path. I think this works for everybody pretty damn well (though maybe Sacramento needs a little more coming back, like a pick swap or a second or something [too bad those are lol who cares so worthless so we don’t have any]).

Hayward might be in the exact place in his career where he can still provide value and can also accept this as an opportunity.

There is a steal every year in the late lottery, maybe we get lucky. Eason or Griffen could still be there and really pop. Or maybe you reach on Liddell and he’s the 4 this team has been looking for since 2013.

You tell Donovan, “we’re gonna give it our best shot for at least this year. If it implodes mid-season we will trade you if you want. If it flames out in the playoffs we will trade you if you want. But Royce is gone and we run the show. We let you run this and it was a disaster, and if you don’t like it we will ship you to Sacramento. But we’d rather get back to where we were a few years back and this only goes as far as you are willing to work. Do you want to be a winner, or do you want to be on the pile of Marbury’s and Westbrook’s? It’s up to you.”

Hearsky

I’ve given this one a lot of thought and I think this is the best suggestion for the retool path. I think this works for everybody pretty damn well (though maybe Sacramento needs a little more coming back, like a pick swap or a second or something [too bad those are lol who cares so worthless so we don’t have any]).

Hayward might be in the exact place in his career where he can still provide value and can also accept this as an opportunity.

There is a steal every year in the late lottery, maybe we get lucky. Eason or Griffen could still be there and really pop. Or maybe you reach on Liddell and he’s the 4 this team has been looking for since 2013.

You tell Donovan, “we’re gonna give it our best shot for at least this year. If it implodes mid-season we will trade you if you want. If it flames out in the playoffs we will trade you if you want. But Royce is gone and we run the show. We let you run this and it was a disaster, and if you don’t like it we will ship you to Sacramento. But we’d rather get back to where we were a few years back and this only goes as far as you are willing to work. Do you want to be a winner, or do you want to be on the pile of Marbury’s and Westbrook’s? It’s up to you.”
Stop. Giving. Donovan. Power!

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

I cooked up another variation of this where we send Conley to the clips and send Zubac and Kennard to Charlotte.

I think there is something there… I’d be willing to take Gordon back if we get some added incentive. We have to take swings at this point since the cupboards are bare.

LoPo

I cooked up another variation of this where we send Conley to the clips and send Zubac and Kennard to Charlotte.

I think there is something there… I’d be willing to take Gordon back if we get some added incentive. We have to take swings at this point since the cupboards are bare.
You've got some solid ideas, but I don't have much faith in giving this roster another shot-in-the-dark attempt at winning it especially if it means putting faith in Gordon Hayward.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
You've got some solid ideas, but I don't have much faith in giving this roster another shot-in-the-dark attempt at winning it especially if it means putting faith in Gordon Hayward.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
I’d rather tear the whole thing down but am thinking through stuff as though we aren’t doing that. It will be all low probability opportunities as we don’t have the premium assets to do better. If Hayward was healthy all the time we wouldn’t get assets for taking his deal on… when healthy he gives us a lot of what we need.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
I would love to get Hayward back especially at a discount. If we somehow moved Conley and got Hayward we’d be infinitely bigger and better just with that one move.

We go from:

Conley
Donovan
Royce
Bogey
Rudy

To:

Donovan
Royce
Hayward
Bogey
Rudy

I would still like to replace Royce in the starting lineup somehow though.