What's new

The What Can We Get For Bogey Thread

I don't think the fact that he's expiring will hurt his value much, if at all. I think we could get one or two rotation players for him.
It depends on who you trade him to. If you are trading him to a team that is very desperate to make a final push, then maybe.

But a team with a 3 year window in mind might not want him, unless they are dumping a longer term contract they want to get rid of on the Jazz.

It depends on who you trade him to. If you are trading him to a team that is very desperate to make a final push, then maybe.

But a team with a 3 year window in mind might not want him, unless they are dumping a longer term contract they want to get rid of on the Jazz.
PHX may be calling if they get eliminated against Mavs. Their offensive production wawers too much.

Atlanta is the answer for everything. Package Bojan with Rudy to Atlanta. Bojan fits very well next to Trae and Rudy.

Rudy and Bojan
for
Hunter and 2 of Collins, Capela, and Huerter

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
I am not sure Hunter is available but lets assume that deal gets done... how are we better than Atlanta was this year?

I think Collins, Capela, Huerter is more likely the trade... I just think Atlanta built around a small guard with bad defense and Utah built around a small guard with bad defense is gonna equal 45 wins at the most. We will be younger though so there is that.

To be clear I'm not saying this is stupid... just seems like deck chairs reshuffling on the titanic for a year before the boat sinks.

I am not sure Hunter is available but lets assume that deal gets done... how are we better than Atlanta was this year?

I think Collins, Capela, Huerter is more likely the trade... I just think Atlanta built around a small guard with bad defense and Utah built around a small guard with bad defense is gonna equal 45 wins at the most. We will be younger though so there is that.

To be clear I'm not saying this is stupid... just seems like deck chairs reshuffling on the titanic for a year before the boat sinks.
I'm using the report that we supposedly have interest in Hunter. Hunter is eligible for a sign-and-trade this summer. Atlanta just extended Collins, Capela, Trae and Huerter. And their GM has said they made the mistake of just bringing the same team back after last season (sounds familiar).

If Atlanta is weary of extending Hunter to a number they don't like AND they want Rudy, seems like a fair trade.

Hunter really hasn't established himself quite yet, but he has all the tools. Has Trae been holding him back? Is he not that great? I'm not sure, but he seems like an excellent fit next to Donovan Mitchell.

Collins isn't happy so I'm not sure what Atlanta does with him. I don't know if they want Bojan, Conley, both or neither.

I'm using the report that we supposedly have interest in Hunter. Hunter is eligible for a sign-and-trade this summer. Atlanta just extended Collins, Capela, Trae and Huerter. And their GM has said they made the mistake of just bringing the same team back after last season (sounds familiar).

If Atlanta is weary of extending Hunter to a number they don't like AND they want Rudy, seems like a fair trade.

Hunter really hasn't established himself quite yet, but he has all the tools. Has Trae been holding him back? Is he not that great? I'm not sure, but he seems like an excellent fit next to Donovan Mitchell.

Collins isn't happy so I'm not sure what Atlanta does with him. I don't know if they want Bojan, Conley, both or neither.
Just saying guys that fit well with Trae would fit well with Donovan. I don’t think Trae is holding anyone back… he handles more than Donovan but he’s like one of the best passers in the league. Just seems like both teams are just rearranging things to really no profit.

Hunter is extension eligible btw… we can’t take anyone back in a sigma and trade unless we drop under the salary apron. They are hesitant on an extension likely because of injuries. I think both teams would have him at the top of the list of guys they want to build with Trae or Donovan. Could be wrong.

They are probably the best match as a trade partner but I think the answers we have for each other are pretty meh.

Just saying guys that fit well with Trae would fit well with Donovan. I don’t think Trae is holding anyone back… he handles more than Donovan but he’s like one of the best passers in the league. Just seems like both teams are just rearranging things to really no profit.

Hunter is extension eligible btw… we can’t take anyone back in a sigma and trade unless we drop under the salary apron. They are hesitant on an extension likely because of injuries. I think both teams would have him at the top of the list of guys they want to build with Trae or Donovan. Could be wrong.

They are probably the best match as a trade partner but I think the answers we have for each other are pretty meh.
I just don't know what to think of Trae. I feel like there are a ton of empty stats there. Almost a different version of Westbrook. Sure the numbers look great, but there is something superficial about it.

I want to play an exciting brand of basketball. One like almost if not all current teams left in the playoffs are playing. A style where numerous guys can get the ball, get creative, and throw off a defense. Right now, we have Don. Maybe Hunter can emerge with us in a shared system. Maybe John Collins too who has been publicly critical of his role playing in a Trae system.

It's not perfect, but it's young and youthful. I'm just very certain that what we have does not work. And it's not even fun to watch.

Atlanta is the answer for everything. Package Bojan with Rudy to Atlanta. Bojan fits very well next to Trae and Rudy.

Rudy and Bojan
for
Hunter and 2 of Collins, Capela, and Huerter

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
If.....you could get Hunter, Collins, and Heurter...I would love to see Mitchell at the 1 for a year with Collins at the 5. We get two good wing players in that deal as well.

Alright here is one that everyone can hate...

Utah out - Bogey, Royce, and Gay
Utah In - Gordon Hayward and PJ Washington, plus the 15th pick in the draft.

Charlotte in - Bogey and Richaun Holmes
Charlotte out - Hayward, Washington, #15

Sacramento in - Royce and Gay
Sacramento out - Holmes

Sac gets some wing help and gets out of Holmes deal... he was out of the rotation towards the end of the year... partly with some personal reason stuff. Sabonis and Holmes don't fit. Gay played well in Sacramento before... Royce gives them some wing help. They have some cap space so salaries don't have to be perfect.

Charlotte gets some salary flexibility and a center that pairs really well with Lamelo. He's on a reasonable salary and they get Bogey to replace Gordo on the wing.

Hayward's trade value being lower than Westbrooks (supposedly) is high comedy to me. I don't care about the history... just move on. If he's healthy he's a great fit. If not its only a two year deal. Washington is a great 4/5 option for us potentially... and then we hit it out of the park at #15 and draft the next Giannis or SGA or Donovan or Haliburton.

You are all welcome.
I’ve given this one a lot of thought and I think this is the best suggestion for the retool path. I think this works for everybody pretty damn well (though maybe Sacramento needs a little more coming back, like a pick swap or a second or something [too bad those are lol who cares so worthless so we don’t have any]).

Hayward might be in the exact place in his career where he can still provide value and can also accept this as an opportunity.

There is a steal every year in the late lottery, maybe we get lucky. Eason or Griffen could still be there and really pop. Or maybe you reach on Liddell and he’s the 4 this team has been looking for since 2013.

You tell Donovan, “we’re gonna give it our best shot for at least this year. If it implodes mid-season we will trade you if you want. If it flames out in the playoffs we will trade you if you want. But Royce is gone and we run the show. We let you run this and it was a disaster, and if you don’t like it we will ship you to Sacramento. But we’d rather get back to where we were a few years back and this only goes as far as you are willing to work. Do you want to be a winner, or do you want to be on the pile of Marbury’s and Westbrook’s? It’s up to you.”

I’ve given this one a lot of thought and I think this is the best suggestion for the retool path. I think this works for everybody pretty damn well (though maybe Sacramento needs a little more coming back, like a pick swap or a second or something [too bad those are lol who cares so worthless so we don’t have any]).

Hayward might be in the exact place in his career where he can still provide value and can also accept this as an opportunity.

There is a steal every year in the late lottery, maybe we get lucky. Eason or Griffen could still be there and really pop. Or maybe you reach on Liddell and he’s the 4 this team has been looking for since 2013.

You tell Donovan, “we’re gonna give it our best shot for at least this year. If it implodes mid-season we will trade you if you want. If it flames out in the playoffs we will trade you if you want. But Royce is gone and we run the show. We let you run this and it was a disaster, and if you don’t like it we will ship you to Sacramento. But we’d rather get back to where we were a few years back and this only goes as far as you are willing to work. Do you want to be a winner, or do you want to be on the pile of Marbury’s and Westbrook’s? It’s up to you.”
Stop. Giving. Donovan. Power!

I cooked up another variation of this where we send Conley to the clips and send Zubac and Kennard to Charlotte.

I think there is something there… I’d be willing to take Gordon back if we get some added incentive. We have to take swings at this point since the cupboards are bare.