What's new

The What Can We Get For Bogey Thread

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Look to those of you that like all trades in one thread I apologize... I prefer segmenting some of the bigger players like Mike, Bogey, Don and Rudy by themselves.

The Bogey trade value is hard to peg and I am actually inclined to think he will fit with the new iterations of the team and will likely have more value to us than he does in a trade. He's 30th in scoring per 36 and 44th in TS%... like that **** is really rare. So of all the guys not named Donovan and Rudy I might be inclined to keep him and might actually extend his deal if you could get a bargain price because of age.

Its hard to peg trades I like for Bogey... a couple I think are possible:

- bogey to Brooklyn for Harris and the first they own from Philly. The first from Philly can be deferred to 2023 and is unprotected. So its safe to say you'd defer the pick. Philly looks like a winner but that team is cursed... Harden isn't under contract and Embiid is always an injury risk... weird **** happens in Philly so its an okay lotto ticket. Harris is a reclamation project. If he's healthy he is still a perimeter sniper and smart offball cutter.... okayish defender. If healthy his contract is fair. Brooklyn does it to get some stability and a shooter with more size (they have Seth and Patty already).

- I kind of hate this one... Bogey to Memphis for Brooks and Melton. Melton is a guy I've liked for a while and he fits with Donovan and JC. If they bring back Tyus, Melton is a fringe rotation guy when Ja is healthy. They have other options too. They could actually do the deal without Brooks because they are under the cap, but I think they are ready to move the guy as i think he might be a little too shot hungry there. I think they end up moving him this summer but might do better than this. I think the bloom is off the rose there. Brooks at least would give us an *******... and you know how well Donovan plays with Dhillon on the floor. I really just want Melton... he's a steals/deflections monster and I wonder if he could be even better with Rudy behind him.

- Ryan will love this final one. Say Portland stays in the 6-8 range of the draft. They are sweet on Grant and I think they wanted to give the NO pick to get him... well they won't get the NO pick anymore... they have the Bucks 2025 pick top 4 protected instead... it might be unprotected but its lightly protected. That isn't enough for Grant so maybe they guarantee Bledsoe's deal and trade him with the 7/8 pick for Grant. They could then send the Bucks pick and take Bogey into their 20M trade exception. Ryan gets out of the tax and is able to lie about how they will use the trade exception and pick to bring in something amazing. But he just pockets the money... at least we get a first and maybe we use the MLE to sign Gary Harris or someone defensive.

Those aren't amazing and I really value what Bogey brings... @Saint Cy of JFC had something around the NO lotto pick and Grahamn... I think that works too I just am not sure if NOP can do better with that pick.

I have a hard time thinking Bogey will be back after his contract is done this season. If he's getting flipped, I demand a draft pick in return as part of the deal. We may not really have another avenue into the draft and buying into the second round doesn't elicit much excitement.

NO would be interested as I think they're ready to start winning now and Bogey would give them that (plus they are going to have to start cashing in picks anyway as they can't use them all).

I have a hard time thinking Bogey will be back after his contract is done this season. If he's getting flipped, I demand a draft pick in return as part of the deal. We may not really have another avenue into the draft and buying into the second round doesn't elicit much excitement.

NO would be interested as I think they're ready to start winning now and Bogey would give them that (plus they are going to have to start cashing in picks anyway as they can't use them all).
This might be the last premium pick they get for the next year or two though... and they don't have nearly the treasure chest that OKC does. They have two extra firsts in the next 7 years... OKC will have a real problem keeping all of their picks and prospects because they are like +9 in firsts the next 4 years... and they have infinity second round picks.

I think you either get a contract that leans more towards bad and a pick, maybe a decent late first with a decent role player, or you get a couple of rotation players who are under decent contracts for multiple years and maybe some 2nds.

If the Jazz want to compete this year, they have to do the latter.

I have a hard time imagining the interest in bogie would be low. Just not sure what kinda value we get back for him. It seems as though the Jazz are wanting wing upgrades. Last year there was talk of bogie and a first for grant. Is that kind of deal dead in the water?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I would think Bogey probably has more value than Mike and JC, and he definitely has more value than Royce. If we do end up bringing both Don and Rudy back, then moving Bogey is a must.

I would think Bogey probably has more value than Mike and JC, and he definitely has more value than Royce. If we do end up bringing both Don and Rudy back, then moving Bogey is a must.
I doubt he has more value than JC but I guess we will see

I'm not sure... I think Bogey is kind of understated and Mike or JC might bring back more in a trade than we think. I think if I can get a pick and a rotation player I would move Bogey in anticipation of the year too late rebuild that occurs after next year. I think his on court value might be way better than his trade value... just the impression I get.

I generally think we overrate Bogey around these parts, but I think we ought to be able to get more than a bad first round pick for him. Then again, POR pretty much only got a bad first (they thought it might be better) for McCollum. When you're trading for picks, you're probably going to drain value. I think you get more value trading player for player, but that trade should have been done before last season started.

The MEM deal probably has the best value, but I don't think Brooks is that good of a player. Some would say he's better than Bogey, tough to pin these values. I like this type of trade more though. I'd tray to trade Bogey for a guy a few years younger and hopefully on a long term deal. IMO, getting a first should be the cost of taking on Harris and MIL's 2025 pick is not very valuable. That's a 4 year wait for what is likely to be a very late first round pick.

I generally think we overrate Bogey around these parts, but I think we ought to be able to get more than a bad first round pick for him. Then again, POR pretty much only got a bad first (they thought it might be better) for McCollum. When you're trading for picks, you're probably going to drain value. I think you get more value trading player for player, but that trade should have been done before last season started.

The MEM deal probably has the best value, but I don't think Brooks is that good of a player. Some would say he's better than Bogey, tough to pin these values. I like this type of trade more though. I'd tray to trade Bogey for a guy a few years younger and hopefully on a long term deal. IMO, getting a first should be the cost of taking on Harris and MIL's 2025 pick is not very valuable. That's a 4 year wait for what is likely to be a very late first round pick.
What POR got for CJ, Powell and ROCO is exactly why we should look to do deals with them. Its like when other teams were eager to do business with DL the last couple of years. Take advantage while we still can.

What POR got for CJ, Powell and ROCO is exactly why we should look to do deals with them. Its like when other teams were eager to do business with DL the last couple of years. Take advantage while we still can.

You're absolutely right about taking advantage of them, but it might be too late. We missed our window and all we got out of them was got some quick savings on Ingles deal. Getting MIL's 2025 isn't exactly taking advantage of them.

Agree with a lot of this... the 2025 Bucks pick is a solid pick (the wait sucks) but I think it has value in other ways if you wanted to re-trade it. Would be Jrue's age 34 season, Middletons age 33 season... Brook is gone by then. Those guys may not even be under contract at that point. Giannis may be looking to move on and could always end up with an injury and that pick becomes uber valuable. I would project it as a middle to early 20s first with some upside... but they could still be rolling? With more time more bad things can happen so the time is both a hinderance and a benefit.

The on court value is taking the pick and then using your MLE because you would be under the tax... or doing some sort of sign and trade for someone. But I think Ryan would just pocket the money and sell some BS to the fans.

Agree with a lot of this... the 2025 Bucks pick is a solid pick (the wait sucks) but I think it has value in other ways if you wanted to re-trade it. Would be Jrue's age 34 season, Middletons age 33 season... Brook is gone by then. Those guys may not even be under contract at that point. Giannis may be looking to move on and could always end up with an injury and that pick becomes uber valuable. I would project it as a middle to early 20s first with some upside... but they could still be rolling? With more time more bad things can happen so the time is both a hinderance and a benefit.

The on court value is taking the pick and then using your MLE because you would be under the tax... or doing some sort of sign and trade for someone. But I think Ryan would just pocket the money and sell some BS to the fans.

I don't think that pick has much value. You can talk yourself into a crazy hypothetical that makes it good...but I'm negotiating I'm saying fk you Giannis is still under contract and the Bucks are going to be great. Give me something better. Maybe you can work something out where you get the better of MIL and POR's pick that year. That's the kind of pick that gets you a decent role player rental at the deadline IMO, and we should hold out for more with Bogey.

If that's all that's on the table pick wise, I'd try to target a youngish player instead. Maybe taking onto a Gobert/Conley deal. I like going for Melton, Huerter....someone like that. I think the Lakers have some distant first? Maybe we take THT and Nunn and send them Bogey.

I don't think that pick has much value. You can talk yourself into a crazy hypothetical that makes it good...but I'm negotiating I'm saying fk you Giannis is still under contract and the Bucks are going to be great. Give me something better. Maybe you can work something out where you get the better of MIL and POR's pick that year. That's the kind of pick that gets you a decent role player rental at the deadline IMO, and we should hold out for more with Bogey.

If that's all that's on the table pick wise, I'd try to target a youngish player instead. Maybe taking onto a Gobert/Conley deal. I like going for Melton, Huerter....someone like that. I think the Lakers have some distant first? Maybe we take THT and Nunn and send them Bogey.
A variation on the Memphis deal... could do Melton and Koncar for Bogey. Saves money... gives two rotation players that do more than just shoot threes. Maybe they still want Brooks. Could also do Melton and Tillman... they are under the cap so the salary savings could be a nice benefit for us (ryan).

I think Atlanta would do a Bogey for Bogey but not likely Huerter. Depending on how aggressive they get to move Collins there may be something there (helps clear some cap for Hunter).

Bogey trades are hard which is what leads me to believe he has more value on court than what we can get in a trade. In season if we end up becoming a seller he could be moved for a late first.

I could talk myself into a THT/Nunn and an unprotected first for Bogey... but that is a non-competitive move and I assume that would only be on the table if Rudy or Donovan are moved.

Teams that should be interested in Bogdanovic:
** Miami
** Golden State, not sure how the salaries would work; they're going to be deep LT
** Lakers, but they don't have anything of value to offer
** Philadelphia, but they want to get off of Tobias Harris
** Charlotte, if it helps them get off of Hayward somehow
** Brooklyn, if they move Joe Harris
** Maybe Minnesota, depending on other trades they make
** Maybe Denver
** Maybe Toronto

I don't think Portland wants to trade a top-8 pick for Grant. I could see them possibly offer it for Siakam though.

A variation on the Memphis deal... could do Melton and Koncar for Bogey. Saves money... gives two rotation players that do more than just shoot threes. Maybe they still want Brooks. Could also do Melton and Tillman... they are under the cap so the salary savings could be a nice benefit for us (ryan).

I think Atlanta would do a Bogey for Bogey but not likely Huerter. Depending on how aggressive they get to move Collins there may be something there (helps clear some cap for Hunter).

Bogey trades are hard which is what leads me to believe he has more value on court than what we can get in a trade. In season if we end up becoming a seller he could be moved for a late first.
If there was some way to send Bogie and extras to the Hawks for Collins and we can pull off your Deni deal then we have quite a different team already. I feel like we may have some lateral moves we can make that may not make us better on paper but give us a different play style and chemistry and that could make all the difference...