What's new

The What Can We Get For Bogey Thread

I cooked up another variation of this where we send Conley to the clips and send Zubac and Kennard to Charlotte.

I think there is something there… I’d be willing to take Gordon back if we get some added incentive. We have to take swings at this point since the cupboards are bare.
You've got some solid ideas, but I don't have much faith in giving this roster another shot-in-the-dark attempt at winning it especially if it means putting faith in Gordon Hayward.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

You've got some solid ideas, but I don't have much faith in giving this roster another shot-in-the-dark attempt at winning it especially if it means putting faith in Gordon Hayward.

I’d rather tear the whole thing down but am thinking through stuff as though we aren’t doing that. It will be all low probability opportunities as we don’t have the premium assets to do better. If Hayward was healthy all the time we wouldn’t get assets for taking his deal on… when healthy he gives us a lot of what we need.

I would love to get Hayward back especially at a discount. If we somehow moved Conley and got Hayward we’d be infinitely bigger and better just with that one move.

We go from:

Conley
Donovan
Royce
Bogey
Rudy

To:

Donovan
Royce
Hayward
Bogey
Rudy

I would still like to replace Royce in the starting lineup somehow though.

I’d rather tear the whole thing down but am thinking through stuff as though we aren’t doing that. It will be all low probability opportunities as we don’t have the premium assets to do better. If Hayward was healthy all the time we wouldn’t get assets for taking his deal on… when healthy he gives us a lot of what we need.
A LOT.

The recipe for building around Rudy and Donovan is putting as many glue-guy wings around them as possible. And if possible, at least one of them is a real threat.

Hayward checks all of those boxes. If you can swing the Avdija move, then you have another (would probably have to sweeten it I think). PJ checks the stretchy "4" box off which is the other type of player that is important to building around the two. But if you have enough of both types, you don't need to prioritize anything else; building depth at PG and C are the easiest positions if you need to do it.

That is the exact way to build around those two players and I don't know why the Jazz haven't leaned a lot harder into that. I know people kind of have this attitude of "of course they've tried" but their draft and transaction history doesn't really show that. I frankly don't understand what the **** they've been doing when zooming out in that fashion.

A LOT.

The recipe for building around Rudy and Donovan is putting as many glue-guy wings around them as possible. And if possible, at least one of them is a real threat.

Hayward checks all of those boxes. If you can swing the Avdija move, then you have another (would probably have to sweeten it I think). PJ checks the stretchy "4" box off which is the other type of player that is important to building around the two. But if you have enough of both types, you don't need to prioritize anything else; building depth at PG and C are the easiest positions if you need to do it.

That is the exact way to build around those two players and I don't know why the Jazz haven't leaned a lot harder into that. I know people kind of have this attitude of "of course they've tried" but their draft and transaction history doesn't really show that. I frankly don't understand what the **** they've been doing when zooming out in that fashion.

Exactly!!! You pull off the Hayward move and the Conley for Pope and Avdija and you just added a ton of wing depth and size with Gordon, PJ, and Deni plus Pope may be useful for a year. Gives the PG min to Mitchell and Butler.

Plus this gives us two young pieces in Deni and PJ for a potential future rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Stop. Building. Around. Rudy!

You keep saying this as though it makes it true. The Jazz allowing a plethora of undersized or non-athletic teammates because Rudy is so good is not building around him… it’s taking what you can get.

If you were building the offense around him then he would be getting a lot more touches. In fact, the one thing Rudy does well on scoring is taking the lob. Two undersized guards that don’t excel at throwing lobs is not building around Rudy. The offense is built around Don. He gets one of the best screen men in the game and a bunch of shooters to create space.

Bogey trade in particular is tough, tougher than a Conley trade I think. The only teams that would be interested in Bogey are teams that are good or want to be good and want to compete. These teams aren't going to trade a win-now asset for Bogey, at least not an equally valuable one. We could maybe get a decent role player or two, but if this is the only trade we were to make that wouldn't be worth it. The only way I see Bogey getting moved is if there's another major trade--a Gobert trade for example--and we are really shaking up the roster. Or I guess if we are blowing the whole team up--but we already know for a fact the franchise isn't doing that, not this year at least.

I predict Conley will be traded and not Bogey, unless there's a Gobert trade that brings back players who make Bogey expendable.

If we deal Donovan and Rudy this year, we could have a much worse first option than Bogey and I think he can pull that off. That said he might not want to be the tank commander we all need.

Now if we can get a young talent for him that could be really good in 3 or 4 years than yeah go for it

In the playoffs, I'm pretty sure Trae had more turnovers than made baskets and more turnovers than assists.

He had a terrible series but the Hawks were riddled with injuries this season, discombobulated and the coaching change high just wore off. This doesn't change the fact that his teammates got better quality shots with him on the floor for the last 2 years.

Bogey trade in particular is tough, tougher than a Conley trade I think. The only teams that would be interested in Bogey are teams that are good or want to be good and want to compete. These teams aren't going to trade a win-now asset for Bogey, at least not an equally valuable one. We could maybe get a decent role player or two, but if this is the only trade we were to make that wouldn't be worth it. The only way I see Bogey getting moved is if there's another major trade--a Gobert trade for example--and we are really shaking up the roster. Or I guess if we are blowing the whole team up--but we already know for a fact the franchise isn't doing that, not this year at least.

I predict Conley will be traded and not Bogey, unless there's a Gobert trade that brings back players who make Bogey expendable.

I don't really agree...I think there's a very good chance that we keep Rudy and trade Bogey.

I cooked up another variation of this where we send Conley to the clips and send Zubac and Kennard to Charlotte.

I think there is something there… I’d be willing to take Gordon back if we get some added incentive. We have to take swings at this point since the cupboards are bare.
I love the idea of GH with Donny and Rudy IF he can stay on the court. That is a great fit for what we need and I think he might like Utah this time around

Who says no to a Conley/Bogey for Tobias Harris swap?
Utah. They would be a tax paying team for years to come with Tobias contract. I'm sure they are somewhat looking forward to getting off Bogeys contract so they can sign a mle type player to replace him.