What's new

The Wheel of Time (Amazon)

plot-diagram.png

That graph is extremely accurate. For me the good part goes a bit closer to the ending but still. You nailed it.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Book 4/5 of Dark Tower was the best. Then downhill fast. 2 was good too.

I didnt like 4 as much. I wanted the dark tower story to continue (also didnt like book 3.5 wind through the keyhole for the same reason). Book 4 was a good book and great tragic love story but i wish it would have been more actaully dark tower quest.

Wolves of the callah was my favorite book of the series though. 6 was the worst imo. I hated the pregnacy story of mia/susannah.
I actually really liked book 7 (most hated it) and really liked how they used the character patrick from insomnia in the final “battle”. Book 7 also has some amazing artwork in the hardback version.

The first 3 were all fantastic. 4 was really good but kind of belonged on its own imo. 5 was perfection. I loved seeing a happy at ease roland. Him dancing to everyone’s amazement was a highlight for me and i loved the final battle against the “wolves”. If roland has time to prepare and strategize then his opponent is always ****ed.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Watched the first couple of episodes. Pretty underwhelmed. Feels like an after-school special version of Lord of the Rings. I swear at first I thought they were saying trollops. I thought, giant pig-faced whores? So far pretty standard fantasy tropes. I'll watch a couple more to see if it shakes off the normal rough edges of the first few episodes. But I've found myself bored through much of it.

I finished the first episode today. I got a little turned off by the OP lady with super powers killing all the orc things. So far it seems like she's going to be able to manifest any type of power she needs for any given situation unless it's better for the plot for her to have limits on her power all of the sudden.

I finished the first episode today. I got a little turned off by the OP lady with super powers killing all the orc things. So far it seems like she's going to be able to manifest any type of power she needs for any given situation unless it's better for the plot for her to have limits on her power all of the sudden.
There are actually quite a few unbreakable rules on how she can use that power. There are many times that she (or other aes sadai) wish they could use the power of the True Source but are unable to.

Watched all the first 4 episodes. It's ok. I'll probably watch when I've got nothing else to watch.

I have yet to talk to anybody who really likes it.

How are the viewing numbers for it? Staying steady? Going up/down?
Most viewed Amazon series premiere of the year.
I recall seeing something about how numbers were very high on continued watching, episode to episode.
Amazon says it is trending way above expectations, and expectations were already high to begin with.

I actually expect the score to go up. The first episodes of a show typically are just trying to get the audience to know the characters and background of the story. Not a whole lot usually happens action/plot wise. Once the story is a bit established things can progress much quicker and the show can get more exciting.

Same goes for books. My favorite part of almost all books is the middle and a bit of the end. The beginning of a book is almost always my least favorite. Which makes sense because how am I going to love/like something when I have no idea who the characters are or what in the heck is going on? Books, and shows, always get better for me as they go along and I get more familiar with what is happening.

I live for movies and am on IMDb. Over time, 9 months, scores go down 99% of the time.

I live for movies and am on IMDb. Over time, 9 months, scores go down 99% of the time.
I notice that you posted that you live for movies. I was speaking of TV series and books. Huge difference imo.

Well, Episode 5 was a bit of a bummer, what with funerals and all. But the Perrin thing starting to come to fruition is kinda cool.
Hearing Episode 6 is going to be a barn burner. So 5 was probably a big setup episode.