What's new

THEY WERE UP BY 25 ****ING POINTS

Failed build. Time to retool this and get younger FAST. Our window with Gobert/Bogey/Ingles/Conley is now closed. Our next chance is 4-5 years from now with Don’s team.

If you disagree with it being a mindset issue, I have literally a double digit number of blown massive leads in playoff games over the past few seasons I could bring up.

It wasn't a damn zone beating them in all of those.
Lue went zone when it was 71-90. The announcers themselves said "LAC has to try something new" and they proceeded to finish the quarter on a 20-4 run.

Lue went zone when it was 71-90. The announcers themselves said "LAC has to try something new" and they proceeded to finish the quarter on a 20-4 run.
2018 Game 5 vs OKC: Blew a 25 point lead, lost
2018 Game 6 vs OKC: Blew a 13 point 4th quarter lead, got bailed out by the refs
2020 Game 5 vs DEN: Blew a 15 point 3rd quarter lead, lost
2021 Game 2 vs MEM: Blew a 3rd quarter 21 point lead, still won
2021 Games 3 and 4 vs MEM: Blew double digit 4th quarter leads, still won
2021 Game 2 vs LAC: Blew a 21 point lead, still won
2021 Game 6 vs LAC: LMAO

If you still don't think lack of killer instinct/mental toughness is a problem with this team, your head is in the sand.

2018 Game 6 vs OKC: Blew a 13 point 4th quarter lead, got bailed out by the refs

If you still don't think lack of killer instinct/mental toughness is a problem with this team, your head is in the sand.
Lol this team is soft as Charmin, literally the softest sports team I've ever watched but I feel the game turned when Lue went zone. This team then wilted mentally and allowed LAC to just bully us. Again we were keeping the lead around 17-20 until this point.

all stems from the PG position, ya cant put that on the whole team, the PG position is whats responsible for these blown leads..... utah keeps throwing good money at bad when it comes to that spot...

Meanwhile CP3 is immaculate in the 4th quarter... hahahahhahahahahahha

I used to sit here n say they should trade for CP3! for years!

I will never stop bitching about this:

Up 25, with the ball, immediately after a stop, and Gobert carelessly throws a lazy pass that PG easily picks off and dunks.

After blowing a 3-1 lead last year, when the turning point started in Game 5 up big against Denver because we got complacent, having that sort of complacency AGAIN with a huge lead in a massive playoff game is inexcuseable. It's irredeemable.

Gobert's mindset should have been "No way in hell what happened last year happens again."

That complacent turnover was the turning point.
But just by sure to excuse everyone else who just threw the ball away carelessly, like bogey on consecutive plays, and everyone who played matador defense and expected Rudy to bail their asses out while also apparently needing to be the best perimeter defender that ever lived at the same time. Then your ridiculousness can be complete!

But just by sure to excuse everyone else who just threw the ball away carelessly, like bogey on consecutive plays, and everyone who played matador defense and expected Rudy to bail their asses out while also apparently needing to be the best perimeter defender that ever lived at the same time. Then your ridiculousness can be complete!
I'm not excusing anybody else. And it would be moronic to draw that from my post.

Go take your garbage strawman elsewhere.

Disagree. The turning point was Lue going zone and this team completely losing its damn mind over it. NBA players who can't beat a zone ...
Correction, coaches. The players can do what the coach teaches them to do. They can't do what the coach can't figure out.

I'm not excusing anybody else. And it would be moronic to draw that from my post.

Go take your garbage strawman elsewhere.
Lol. Literally the only thing you won't stop bitching about is Rudy. Get your ****ed up logic out of here.

I made the comment at halftime that the Jazz had cut down their turnovers, which enabled them to maintain their separation from hitting shots.

Then the Jazz had a ton of turnovers in the 2nd half.

Lol. Literally the only thing you won't stop bitching about is Rudy. Get your ****ed up logic out of here.
It's one thing to misinterpret a post. It's quite another to double down after being told I'm not excusing anybody else.

If you're hellbent on picking an argument, go do it with somebody else. I'm not in the mood.

1000000% on Quin. The clippers did one effective thing the last 4 games of the series. Ty lue even said it at the beginning of the 4th quarter during his interview.

"I told the guys that whenever we drive, gobert comes out and thats our open three".

We would have done better with allowing 2s all quarter playing anyone other than gobert. We never made an adjustment. We didnt against the Nuggets. We didnt against the clippers. Unfortunately we won't against whoever comes next.

Quin is CLEARLY NOT a playoff coach.