What's new

Third point

jumpin bean

Wasn’t impressed tonight with the point guard play, and with the waiving of Neto what is the answer for 3rd point guard? I want to believe in exum and have a good feeling about him but still we need a good player to fill in and be able to play well. Do we need a Caruso or .?.. any answers who it’s should be,

Wasn’t impressed tonight with the point guard play, and with the waiving of Neto what is the answer for 3rd point guard? I want to believe in exum and have a good feeling about him but still we need a good player to fill in and be able to play well. Do we need a Caruso or .?.. any answers who it’s should be,
I didn't see the Stars play last year and I wasn't impressed with what little I saw of Naz with the Jazz last year but tonight he was very good. Ran the offense well, had a ton of assists and shot the ball well. Best PG on the floor tonight. Not sure though that he would be better than Neto.

We need someone with experience as Exum is made of glass. We'll find someone with some Howard Eisleyness, no worries.

Even before they let Neto go I doubt JWF was ever a serious option. Seems like a nice kid; but it's quite clear he has no clue how to run an offense that doesn't include him taking 20 shots.

I didn't see the Stars play last year and I wasn't impressed with what little I saw of Naz with the Jazz last year but tonight he was very good. Ran the offense well, had a ton of assists and shot the ball well. Best PG on the floor tonight. Not sure though that he would be better than Neto.

I've given up on Naz. I feel like the only reason he was on the team is because he was best buddies with Niang and the Jazz love selling human interest stories. It went along with the "great locker room" aspect of the team. He may be pretty good in the GLeague, but last season the Jazz really needed a back up point guard to step up and it never happened. What is the point of a 2-way contract if you point guard doesn't step in when Rubio, Exum, and Neto are out?

He had his chance and didn't step up to take it.

I think Isiah Cousins and Jairus Lyles ought to be candidates. Cousins was a 2nd round pick of the Kings a couple of years ago, played with the Stars last year and has similar DLeague stats to Caruso and both are about the same size. Lyles played with the Stars last year and exploded for over 40 points in a couple of games including against the GLeague champs. Lyles was on the college team that took down Virginia in the tournament and Cousins college team went to the Final 4 where he was a teammate of Buddy Hield. Both did not look good last night.

If Napier gets released I’d pick him up. Same with Yogi Ferrell.

Other names:
Ryan Arcidiacano (sp?)
Tj McConnell
Shelvin Mack (sorry I had to)
Alex Caruso obviously is the best candidate but I don’t want to threaten Conley with his presence.

I agree. Both he and Cavanaugh did not look like NBA players last year imho and the front office seems to agree.

I don't think we absolutely need one tbh. Conley is the starter, Dante is the backup. If anything happens Donovan will play point. Joe can run the offense too.

Other names:
Ryan Arcidiacano (sp?)
Tj McConnell
Alex Caruso obviously is the best candidate but I don’t want to threaten Conley with his presence.

How would Caruso threaten Conley?

Other names:
Ryan Arcidiacano (sp?)
Tj McConnell

Caruso is going to stay with Lakers and McConnell will get more than the minimum. I like Ryan Arcidiacono... he did well for my fantasy team last season. Kris Dunn is available, but not sure the Jazz have assets or room to adsorb his $5m.