What's new

This has to STOP!

Beantown

No more Lakers fans at Jazz games! Its getting ridiculous. Even Marvin Williams was shocked at all the Lakers fans there.

An angry Los Angeles Lakers’ fan on Thursday night opened fire on a Jazz fan with a can of pepper spray outside Energy Solutions Arena.

Salt Lake City police Detective Josh Ashdown said a pair of Utah Jazz fans were attending the basketball game Wednesday night when they started trash talking with a pair of Lakers fans.

The discussion escalated and the Lakers fans challenged the Jazz fans to a fight, which they declined, Ashdown said.

Security threw the two Lakers’ fans out of the game, but they apparently decided to stick around to continue the confrontation with the Jazz fans, he said.

The Lakers’ fans spotted the Jazz fans standing on the corner of 100 South and 400 West and started trash talking again.

At that point, one of the Lakers’ fans pulled out pepper spray fogger and let loose with it, police said.

Ashdown said instead of a concentrated spray, the fogger expels a big mist of spray very much like a fire extinguisher.

Police said they were searching for a Latino in his early 30s who was wearing a Lakers jersey.

He’s about 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 150 pounds. The man has medium length brown hair and was in a Dodge Charger.

The Jazz won 95-86.

Now be careful everyone, I have a feeling this thread could get racist. But seriously I think if we had immigration officers at the ESA during the Lakers games then.......problem solved!!

Police said they were searching for a Latino in his early 30s who was wearing a Lakers jersey.

Casting a wide net.

It makes me sick to hear cheers for the Lakers inside our own building. I know it's all fun and games but I get a little worked up. I'm surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often.

On a side note, Lakers fans inside the ESA cheer louder than Lakers fans in the Staples center.

opened fire on a Jazz fan with a can of pepper spray
Way sensationalize it.
Latino in his early 30s who was wearing a Lakers jersey about 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 150 pounds
Are they sure it wasn't a Latina?
Now be careful everyone, I have a feeling this thread could get racist.
que your racist comment.

No more Lakers fans at Jazz games! Its getting ridiculous. Even Marvin Williams was shocked at all the Lakers fans there.

Now be careful everyone, I have a feeling this thread could get racist. But seriously I think if we had immigration officers at the ESA during the Lakers games then.......problem solved!!

So after stating this thread could get racist.. then you make a racist statement. How do you know he wasn't an American? Did you just assume because he was Latino he must be illegal? Now you know why the GOP lost on election night? Your mentally is old, disgusting and divisive.

Just think, if everyone didn't act like idiots there would be no reason to have police at a basketball game?

If Obama was giving free cell phones to Lakers fans at Jazz games he might have won Utah.

On a side note, Lakers fans inside the ESA cheer louder than Lakers fans in the Staples center.

That's because all the Lakers fans at the Staples Center are too busy chillin with cool Jack.

Celebrities+Attend+Lakers+Game+cbbkBa3h2Qal.jpg

Lakers fans around ESA remind me of the people that voted because of "Obama phone".

27937911.jpg

There were more Laker fans at that game than usual. They showed up early and were loud early. They also left early, quickly, and quietly.

Perfect game.

Yea, I thought that I heard MVP chants for Kobe while he was shooting free throws. That is just bad.

Nice to see the Jazz just beat up on the Lakers, so the fans have no room to smack talk!!

Am I missing something? Is there some sort of a racial divide in Utah? Do Latinos cheer for the Lakers because the Jazz are too Mormon or something?

And might I suggest the European solution to this problem? Wearing other teams' colours to a home game in any sport in Europe is a death wish.

Am I missing something? Is there some sort of a racial divide in Utah? Do Latinos cheer for the Lakers because the Jazz are too Mormon or something?

And might I suggest the European solution to this problem? Wearing other teams' colours to a home game in any sport in Europe is a death wish.

Not from Utah I assume?

Utahns are to polite for that. They need to put a group of us Jazzfanz in there and it'll get real hahaha.

As a rule I dont ever ever trash talk Lakers fans cuz I hate getting stabbed.

However, one of the years that we got swept by them, there was a dude like 5 rows down from me who was wearing a Utes Sugar Bowl shirt paired with a Lakers hat, and was rooting very loudly for the Lakers. This made me more mad than you could ever freaking imagine. Like, blind rage mad. So, anyways I started to mess with the guy during the 4th qtr when we were getting blown out. I am really good at messing with people and making them mad. Like, for real. I could be pro at it. Long story short, I threw paper airplanes at his girlfriends head, told him he was NOT allowed to be a Lakers fan and Utes fan at the same time, bugged him with enough other things that his head was for realz spinning and it was actually pretty awesome until he almost beat me up as I was leaving the stadium. Definitely the closest I've been to getting in a fight during my adult life. I was with hot babez and it would've been embarrassing cuz I'm better at the talkin than the fightin if ya know what I mean.

Lesson learned, don't trash talk Laker fans, they're not down to talk, they're down to fight.

I've never seen a fight at any other Jazz game, but see a few each Lakers game, some of them actually pretty messy.

Laker fans here are always those wanna be thug types. The mentality of those people is just pathetic to begin with. Which is why they are the front runner types. If the Lakers started sucking tomorrow, we would all of a sudden see more Heat fans. We already are seeing the shift. Its not just latinos either. Its all types.

Also, we have been invaded by a bunch of Utah hating Californians. They all moved here because they hate Utah, Mormons, and the Jazz so much. I know that doesnt sound right, it baffles me too. When you talk to these clowns, all they do is complain about Utah, and talk about how great California is. Its bizarre, but true. Im always telling them, then move the **** back moron, but they are so dumb they have nothing to say.

It happens in every NBA city. The Lakers are the Yankees of the NBA.

I don't mind Laker fans showing up to support their team whereever they are. I would go to Jazz games if I lived in any other NBA city. It is just their popularity (they've won a lot of titles they are always on national tv espn basically only talks about them) is why you see so many at these games. It does bother me that they were louder than our fans, but whatever, this was the only time they were coming to Utah this year so it was probably more concentrated then usual.