What's new

This is not video game trading

JazzFanNBama

SOME of you act like this is a video game and not real life when it comes to trades. Ok, so the Jazz didn't get a deal done. I wanted a deal too. However, I would assume that nobody on this board was in on any of the trade talks. So how does anybody really know if the Jazz screwed up and missed out on a deal? The short answer is none of us know. We have no idea what was presented to us and what we turned down other than what this "source" or that "source" says. You can't just call up a GM and say "hey I want this guy and this guy for this guy." It just doesn't work that way. So why piss and moan when nobody knows the whole story? We are doing more with less at this point that anyone in the league in my opinion. There will be chances for us to better out team. It just didn't come at this time. Guess what? The sun is still going to come up tomorrow and we are on the cusp of competing like we used to. Timing is everything. Now go ahead and blast me!!

If you lurk much more than you post, shame on you for even having to ask that question. That's just how it is here. People will always find stuff to piss and moan about.

Yes, I do lurk wayyyy more than I post, but today the pissing and moaning was off the charts.

Not going to blast you but year in and year out the Jazz continually sit on their hands at the trade deadline. This year is especially frustrating considering the assets we have to trade with. Big Al and Millsap Are gone after this year so why not get something in return?

Oh well look at all that cap space!

Maybe you need a certain amount of rep power to have your rep power from time on JazzFanz show up?

So considering we've essentially had this team for two years at what point do you say enough is enough?

While I would have accepted a trade by the Jazz if they got something good in return, I am by no means disappointed that they didn't pull one off. The problem as I see it is that the other teams in the league think differently than the Jazz do. (Well a lot of them) They thought that the Jazz were desperate to get some sort of 'value' from Al and Millsap because -obviously- they aren't coming back next season. They think this because that is how they think (usually because they are over the cap and would truly lose the salary space). The Jazz are not in that position, in fact the opposite, they will be one of the most flexible teams in the league next season -because- of the expiring contracts that are coming. Some will say that nobody will come here. That is not the only way to use cap space, because we can trade for a multi year contract from a desperate team for a toasted cheese sandwich this offseason because we are under the cap so much. In fact that is probably more likely than free agents coming. The only sad thing about this is the necessary loss of the toasted cheese second round draft picks we waste to do this, but if we take theirs back in the trade as compensation for us saving their tails than it all works out seeing as their picks are probably better than ours anyway.

I think most here wouldn't be too bummed about no deal. A simple change in the way minutes are distributed would be sufficient. A trade is only a secondary issue because it would force Corbin's hand. The frustration isn't with the deadline specifically, it's with the franchise direction.

I think most here wouldn't be too bummed about no deal. A simple change in the way minutes are distributed would be sufficient. A trade is only a secondary issue because it would force Corbin's hand. The frustration isn't with the deadline specifically, it's with the franchise direction.

This

Must spread the rep around

This. Well said. If Hayward were getting 30+, Favors 25 or more, Kanter and Burks 20 give or take per game, then I wouldn't have been so anxious for a trade. To me, the main advantage of the trade would be, essentially, forcing a reallocation of minutes to the youth so that we could at last begin in earnest their development for the future, which should have began in earnest last season. Now, I have to accept that nothing will change this season and, once again as I did during last season, content myself by hoping that things would change next season (which they did not). Based on the last two years, I find it hard to maintain my optimism that the Jazz brass will actually commit to the youth, and I fear that next year will be yet again more of the same. I guess, what I really wanted was a signal that the FO was committed to the youth, and my disappointment is less that we didn't make a trade than that the FO still appears unwilling to make this commitment. What reason have they given me to expect things will change? None that I can see. I find this quite discouraging.