What's new

This is what legitimate love for your city looks like

Yes it is. You're saying that money buys loyalty 100% of the time. That's absurd. Look at Paul George, AD or any other primadonna who gets paid a butt ton of money just to leave their team.

Yes, it's totally grasping at straws.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

That's not what I said at all, but carry on... Never said it was 100% of the time. Nothing is ever 100%. I just laugh that the OP thinks DM is a phony, but Dame is what real loyalty looks like. Signing a contract much bigger than you can get anywhere else and locking it in earlier than any other franchise can offer is a good business decision. There is a loyalty component of it sure... but let's not ignore the $200M bag that the bro got k. PG was never eligible for the super duper max that Dame got... so we never really got to see how loyal he was.

That's not what I said at all, but carry on... Never said it was 100% of the time. Nothing is ever 100%. I just laugh that the OP thinks DM is a phony, but Dame is what real loyalty looks like. Signing a contract much bigger than you can get anywhere else and locking it in earlier than any other franchise can offer is a good business decision. There is a loyalty component of it sure... but let's not ignore the $200M bag that the bro got k. PG was never eligible for the super duper max that Dame got... so we never really got to see how loyal he was.
He could get plenty of money elsewhere and make up the difference in endorsements pretty easily in a larger market because Dame is marketable. Dame is what loyalty looks like. His track record proves it. Weber State in Ogden,Utah is not some sexy school, but the sexy schools came calling. He could have easily went, he didn't. The Lakers, Knicks, Nets, etc. would all love to have Dame, but he has already made the conscious decision that he won't even consider picking up that phone if they called and he's made that clear. I like this quote....."Commitment is staying true to what you said you would do, long after the mood that you said it in has left"...... Dame exemplifies that. There's been good and bad times in Portland. They've made the playoffs, they've missed the playoffs. The Blazers have traded guys Dame liked, just this summer a coach that's been with him his whole career left for another team due to money and Dame was upset about it. He has a commitment to the place that has a commitment to him...it's why he's been in Ogden,Utah the last few days. Dame's getting paid regardless of whether he's in Portland or LA, but Portlands his city, and he'll ride or die with it, even if he knows that title may never happen and other guys may not want to play there.

He could get plenty of money elsewhere and make up the difference in endorsements pretty easily in a larger market because Dame is marketable. Dame is what loyalty looks like. His track record proves it. Weber State in Ogden,Utah is not some sexy school, but the sexy schools came calling. He could have easily went, he didn't. The Lakers, Knicks, Nets, etc. would all love to have Dame, but he has already made the conscious decision that he won't even consider picking up that phone if they called and he's made that clear. I like this quote....."Commitment is staying true to what you said you would do, long after the mood that you said it in has left"...... Dame exemplifies that. There's been good and bad times in Portland. They've made the playoffs, they've missed the playoffs. The Blazers have traded guys Dame liked, just this summer a coach that's been with him his whole career left for another team due to money and Dame was upset about it. He has a commitment to the place that has a commitment to him...it's why he's been in Ogden,Utah the last few days. Dame's getting paid regardless of whether he's in Portland or LA, but Portlands his city, and he'll ride or die with it, even if he knows that title may never happen and other guys may not want to play there.
Right, and if the roles were swapped, you’d be fretting about his tweet where he said he’d want to go to LA or Utah if he got traded. I mean, if Donovan tweets “if the Jazz say they don’t want me, Knicks or Nets,” then your head explodes.

I can’t even read this... when guys say he will just “make up” an additional 25M by being in a bigger market... doesn’t really work that way... this was his only way to lock up that money which would not have been guaranteed later... go ask IT how quickly those paydays can disappear.

Not saying it was the only factor but it was likely near the top of the list.

Right, and if the roles were swapped, you’d be fretting about his tweet where he said he’d want to go to LA or Utah if he got traded. I mean, if Donovan tweets “if the Jazz say they don’t want me, Knicks or Nets,” then your head explodes.
I’d feel good about it, because it says he’s loyal to his current organization and only eyeing another if they decide it’s time for a change. That’s specifically saying Dame will only leave Portland, if the Blazers want. And as he says his loyalty is to the city and fans, he loves the Blazers organization but understands the business of the NBA, but his commitment is to the city, not the franchise.

I’d feel good about it, because it says he’s loyal to his current organization and only eyeing another if they decide it’s time for a change. That’s specifically saying Dame will only leave Portland, if the Blazers want. And as he says his loyalty is to the city and fans, he loves the Blazers organization but understands the business of the NBA, but his commitment is to the city, not the franchise.
I’m having a hard time thinking that’s how you’d see it if Donovan dropped the tweet.

I can’t even read this... when guys say he will just “make up” an additional 25M by being in a bigger market... doesn’t really work that way... this was his only way to lock up that money which would not have been guaranteed later... go ask IT how quickly those paydays can disappear.

Not saying it was the only factor but it was likely near the top of the list.
Being in NY or LA allows for more endorsements and easier paths to them.

I’m having a hard time thinking that’s how you’d see it if Donovan dropped the tweet.
He’s sent a tweet about the Nets, he’s not eyeing the Nets, he’s eyeing Madison Square Garden and the Knicks. I notice on social media someone says come to LA...No, come to Boston....No,Come to Houston.....No,Come to the Warriors....No,Come to the Nets....No. Come to the Knicks is the most common thing in his mentions, he never says.....No. It’s not hard to see what franchise he’s eyeing. Kuz says “no better feeling than playing at Staples”...Donovan’s response:”what about the Garden?” Its obvious guys.

Last edited:
Being in NY or LA allows for more endorsements and easier paths to them.

It ain't that big of a jump unless you are Lebron. PG won't make up the money he would have lost had he been eligible for super duper max.

It ain't that big of a jump unless you are Lebron. PG won't make up the money he would have lost had he been eligible for super duper max.
You probably won’t make up all of it, the point is, the difference vs selling himself out to join a super team and get guaranteed championships takes loyalty. He has it. He’s got a track record of it. That’s all I’m saying.

Starts at just that time when Donovan wants to make sure to get that Knick love in, strange Hart is the one who has to emphasize the other 4 are on a different level:

21848A89-D210-417B-8C33-8444AB65D7F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Starts at just that time when Donovan wants to make sure to get that Knick love in, strange Hart is the one who has to emphasize the other 4 are on a different level:

Man you are right... he couldn't wait to talk about the Knicks it was really the focus of the whole conversation... he gone. Didn't even mention the Jazz or Utah at all... except the part where he talks about his experience here and how he wanted to come here and he was bummed we weren't drafting in his range. He also stood up for the fanbase when Hart asked about the idiot fan Westbook thing... but he did call that fan an idiot. Then prior to going on and on about the Knicks... he mentioned how he doesn't need the big markets and how Utah allows him to be him... and it reminds him of Louisville (the place he chose to leave NY for). Then talks about a super phony experience with a family on a mountain... goes on and mentions Dame and how you don't need a big market, but you can't believe all that because he's a fraud... the only thing you can believe was when he mentioned the knicks.

I feel totally betrayed.

Man you are right... he couldn't wait to talk about the Knicks it was really the focus of the whole conversation... he gone. Didn't even mention the Jazz or Utah at all... except the part where he talks about his experience here and how he wanted to come here and he was bummed we weren't drafting in his range. He also stood up for the fanbase when Hart asked about the idiot fan Westbook thing... but he did call that fan an idiot. Then prior to going on and on about the Knicks... he mentioned how he doesn't need the big markets and how Utah allows him to be him... and it reminds him of Louisville (the place he chose to leave NY for). Then talks about a super phony experience with a family on a mountain... goes on and mentions Dame and how you don't need a big market, but you can't believe all that because he's a fraud... the only thing you can believe was when he mentioned the knicks.

I feel totally betrayed.
He gone. Accept it. Probably hooking up with Dolan’s daughter as we speak.

So you're saying that you pointing out that he makes $200m means nothing? Interesting argument

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

I’m a Dame fanboy for sure. Yes I am trolling you all a bit with some of my stuff lately, it was just kind of fun....but this is what loving your city, your franchise, and being the rock of the foundation looks like.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2019...r.com&utm_campaign=sportstw&utm_medium=social
But you already know he's just going to up and retire on their asses at some point and leave them with nothing. Might as well trade him now before he can screw them over like that.

But you already know he's just going to up and retire on their asses at some point and leave them with nothing. Might as well trade him now before he can screw them over like that.
Dame will do what Dirk did, you have to rebuild at some point anyway. Keeping your star as long as possible is what makes a franchise successful. Top stars are not easily attainable and ya very nice when they are Dame kinda committed.

I feel totally betrayed.
I’ll believe it when he puts his name next to all that bubbly talk the day he doesn’t have to.