What's new

This really pisses me off

Archie Moses

OK, so a police officer tries to arrest a girl after she failed to listen when he told a group not to JWalk. So, the girl being a complete moron tries to resist arrest. While she's resisting, another girl comes to tries to help her get away from the cop the who is arresting her. The cop punches that girl in the face. Now people are mad and just listening to the comments from the bystanders pisses me off. What do people not understand about resisting arrest? What was the cop supposed to do? That girl is lucky she didn't get maced or tased especially with all the bystanders moving in.

What do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9w9AfptGGQ

Well, they're both African-American and the cop is white. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton need to be notified IMMEDIATELY. This is clearly racist. The cop needs to be fired.

Some crackers might argue that the girl shoulda been less belligerent and resistant after bein knocked around a bit and bein told she was under arrest. But why should she?

Clearly, she is the VICTIM here.

The cop is not doing a very good job. He didn't do anything wrong, but he's doing very little right.

He really needs to be talking a lot more, especially because he's being filmed. You've got to continue to make loud, clear commands, such as, "Stop resisting! Get Down! Stop resisting! Get Down! Get back! Get Back!" He wasn't really even talking to her. He should have been repeating "You're under arrest." This is as much to influence her as to make clear to onlookers (and the video audience) that this is happening because she's under arrest and is not cooperating.

The other problem is that he's flat out weak. He should have had her on the ground where the silly little arm wrestling match wouldn't take place. Short of that he should have at least gotten a little distance so she wouldn't have an opportunity to get his gun, or so that he can see if other people are about to join in. He was in a very bad situation there, and it's mostly because he didn't handle the situation right. If that crowd had been set off he very well may have ended up dead.

Well, I dunno what the Babes real name is, but as far as I'm concerned, this is the Rhonda King incident.

That cop has no idea how to restrain somebody. The girls were clearly wrong, but the cop should have had no problem restraining the first girl, and he never should have punched the second girl. The subsequent upright wrestling match should never have happened. While the girls will surely face charges, the cop should definitely be disciplined in some way. He completely botched the whole situation.

Archie - I'm sure you get equally pissed over legit cases of police brutality, right?

Archie - I'm sure you get equally pissed over legit cases of police brutality, right?

No way, bro. What led you to make that assumption? Do you consider this police brutality? Yeah, the cop may not have handled it perfect, but he's not the one in the wrong. I'm not sure if you're trying to be smart here or what?

That cop has no idea how to restrain somebody. The girls were clearly wrong, but the cop should have had no problem restraining the first girl, and he never should have punched the second girl. The subsequent upright wrestling match should never have happened. While the girls will surely face charges, the cop should definitely be disciplined in some way. He completely botched the whole situation.

That's a whole lotta "shoulds" in just one post, eh?

He should have tased the one resisting right at the beginning when she started to resist and that video would have lasted about 30 seconds.

I think everybuddy, and I duz mean EVERYBUDDY, whether they jacked up on coke, or whatever, will respond calmly, rationally, and politely if ya just talk to them right. This cracker just didn't talk right, I figure.

What a dick. The girl clearly did not want to be arrested but the officer just wouldnt stop.

No means No, douchebag.

No way, bro. What led you to make that assumption? Do you consider this police brutality? Yeah, the cop may not have handled it perfect, but he's not the one in the wrong. I'm not sure if you're trying to be smart here or what?

What about my comment could possibly lead you to believe that I think this was police brutality? All I said was the girls were wrong, and the cop was incompetent.

Your thread title is "This really pisses me off." Since you're pissed that someone resisted arrest, I'm wondering if you also get pissed when police use unnecessary force.

What about my comment could possibly lead you to believe that I think this was police brutality? All I said was the girls were wrong, and the cop was incompetent.

Your thread title is "This really pisses me off." Since you're pissed that someone resisted arrest, I'm wondering if you also get pissed when police use unnecessary force.

Did you read my first post?

WTF? this is crazy, dude I don't get what the officer was doing... jus looked like he wanted to touch her a lot.