What's new

This site has jumped the tuna fish by turning on Hayward

fallenchicken

Seriously. Those who predicted the fanbase wouldn't be able to deal with a few seasons of non-contention were right: our fanbase is ****ing nutty. Hayward was asked to be the #1 option (and everyone agreed beforehand that he's not) on a team that, without Burke, was starting 90 year old Jamal Tinsley. His shooting percentage is down (as we knew it would be since defenses can, or at least could early in the year, wholly focus on him), and now he's a "chucker". Irrational. He and the Jazz didn't come to terms on a contract and now he's a greedy *******. Except that he's a restricted free agent and he'll be back next year in almost every scenario--and everyone, including Hayward, knows it.

Now our guys are playing well and showing vast improvements and we're "destroying the franchise" because they are. We'd rather have shot-in-the-dark draft picks than guys who we know are players. Those who want to trade Hayward want to take two steps back to take one forward. So obsessed with the fantasy of Mormon Hero Jabari that you'd cut off our legs to get him.

After every game three or twenty obnoxious threads pop up complaining about the tank. oops--looks like we drafted a stud as our pg. We should have drafted Shabazz so we can keep getting draft picks to keep drafting more busts to keep drafting forever. There're always going to be stars in the lottery. I've been here long enough to know there are always people complaining about lottery position, and there always will be. If we had the Miami Heat's roster some people would be #Sorry4Jabari.

Whoops Burks has turned out to be a real NBA player. Whoops Favors is worth his contract. Whoops Enes is balling again.

But stop playing the vets, Ty! If we're not playing the rookies the full 48 minutes every game, then FIRE CORBIN THE VET LOVER.

If we lose it's because Corbin sucks and loves the vets. If we win then Corbin is sabotaging the tank. Poor dude's a character trapped in Catch-22.

You guys are bipolar lunatics. You're like that nerd from high school who said he didn't have a girlfriend because "there was no girl perfect enough for him." There will always be a prettier girl, and you'll never get laid if you're always chasing her.

In conclusion, **** you all.

Also anyone doing anything fun this weekend? I saw Wolf of Wall Street the other day. Pretty good. Leo should win the oscar but I think they're going to screw him. Don't go see that movie with your grandparents. Been pretty nice weather this week. I mean the air's bad, but at least the sun's out.

I still believe in hayward.

For the record, i have always believed in all of the core 4 (even during thier slumps) and ever since i saw burke play a handful of game i have had total faith in him as well.

i believe in hayward....He just wants WAY to much ****ing money. AND THATS THE REAL ****IN PROBLEM.

I still believe in hayward.

For the record, i have always believed in all of the core 4 (even during thier slumps) and ever since i saw burke play a handful of game i have had total faith in him as well.
i wonder if anyone out there ever keeps a record of everytime someone says "for the record." would be interestin

Also anyone doing anything fun this weekend? I saw Wolf of Wall Street the other day. Pretty good. Leo should win the oscar but I think they're going to screw him. Don't go see that movie with your grandparents. Been pretty nice weather this week. I mean the air's bad, but at least the sun's out.

i think im gonna go watch wolf of wallstreet. heard it was good from other bros too. love his movies.

what are ur plans?

Hayward is nice, just not at the price he is asking. JAZZFANZ IS BEING VERY WISE by falling out of love with him now. Signing him long term at a high rate could limit our chances at being elite. Now there still is a chance Hayward becomes something special, and is that perfect fit. He might be our only option come seasons end.

I still think the best course is to play the young guns together, and either succeed that way or get a top 4 pick. See how Hay fits in without RJ, and Marvin.

Great thread, Chickamon.

Hayward is in that Deng position where he seems to be overpaid until you surround him with three other guys and he becomes the perfect glue guy. Then his value is realized. I'm probably selling him short atm in wanting to trade him for another asset and then replace 80% of his production for millions less this summer. Hopefully they quit using him on ball and he becomes more efficient.

If you look at Hayward's midrange chart you'll see he's developing quite nicely even if we aren't recognizing it. Hitting midrange at 45% or so is crucial to his driving game. He's progressing much better here than I was expecting a couple months back. He's over 40% in all spots except one, the baseline left (he doesn't drive and shoot baseline right so I'm throwing that one out). He's 45 and 47% in the spots he likes to get to the most.

Kobe has always shot about 45-46% from 2 but gets to the line a bit more. Hayward is getting there.

I personally think that Hayward is fine and that the Jazz will just match whatever offer he gets. I think that a backcourt of Hayward, Burks and Burke moving forward looks very solid. I think that DL will too.

For the sake of disclosure, Hayward is my favourite player in the whole league. Like, in the past 10 years. Since the 2003 version of Andrei, pretty much.

What bothers me about the sudden Hayward hate is that people are acting as if he's asking twice what he's worth or something. Hayward is easily worth 10 million a year. That's what he was allegedly offered by the Jazz, and you could easily find at least half a dozen teams in the NBA that would give him that money right now, no questions asked. He's not going to ask for the MAX this summer, that's just crazy talk. He's going to ask for 12-13 million, which in the worst case means we're overpaying him by a few million. And this is what people are getting all upset about? A couple of million? This isn't like Ostertag getting 6 million a year when he should have been paid about half a million(in line with Greg Foster who outplayed Ostertag's sorry ***). We're talking about a couple of million.

In what hypothetical situation will a couple of million extra dollars on the payroll mean the difference between a championship and no championship? Even if it does, do people think it would be that hard to trade Gordon at 12 million a year? That teams who'd be willing to give him 10 would all suddenly lose interest at 12?

People are acting as if a couple of million dollars will ruin the team forever and ever.

For the sake of disclosure, Hayward is my favourite player in the whole league. Like, in the past 10 years. Since the 2003 version of Andrei, pretty much.

What bothers me about the sudden Hayward hate is that people are acting as if he's asking twice what he's worth or something. Hayward is easily worth 10 million a year. That's what he was allegedly offered by the Jazz, and you could easily find at least half a dozen teams in the NBA that would give him that money right now, no questions asked. He's not going to ask for the MAX this summer, that's just crazy talk. He's going to ask for 12-13 million, which in the worst case means we're overpaying him by a few million. And this is what people are getting all upset about? A couple of million? This isn't like Ostertag getting 6 million a year when he should have been paid about half a million(in line with Greg Foster who outplayed Ostertag's sorry ***). We're talking about a couple of million.

In what hypothetical situation will a couple of million extra dollars on the payroll mean the difference between a championship and no championship? Even if it does, do people think it would be that hard to trade Gordon at 12 million a year? That teams who'd be willing to give him 10 would all suddenly lose interest at 12?

People are acting as if a couple of million dollars will ruin the team forever and ever.

It's not about what the Jazz offer him anymore, that is the gamble they took. His agent will be talking all day to Boston and Phoenix the first day of free agency.

The way Phoenix has been playing under Hornacek, if they could add Hayward they would be a force. I suspect they might throw something big at him.

I hope we match Hayward unless it is fully a max deal. I think in the right role with the right people around him we are looking at an all-star player. Don't want to see him leave for picks or spite.

i think im gonna go watch wolf of wallstreet. heard it was good from other bros too. love his movies.

what are ur plans?

Was going to see "Wolf of Wall Street". But it seems i am being asked to stay away lest i make the youth of our country uncomfortable.

The fans here would have less problems with Hayward if he wasnt asking for too much, he's not playing like a 13mil-14mil man- If he'd settle for 8-10 there will be less fans here with a beef with him.
I may get down on bad games from some of the young core but much like many fanbase I want to see the young core (Burke, Burks, Hayward,Favors,Kanter,Gobert) play together more and play well.

The way Phoenix has been playing under Hornacek, if they could add Hayward they would be a force. I suspect they might throw something big at him.

I hope we match Hayward unless it is fully a max deal. I think in the right role with the right people around him we are looking at an all-star player. Don't want to see him leave for picks or spite.
+1 they will likely let Bledsoe go because as Ive heard game commentators wisely point out having dragic and Bledsoe on the court for large stretches of games is not good for them (size matchup issues etc).

Hayward will be offered a tonne of cash from Suns and Celtics once Free agent season opens- my bet is Suns they will be a real force with him