This thread is for everyone who has lost their minds about Royce

White Chocolate

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
I think Royce is 3rd in the league in +/-

That’s really all you have to say?

He’s 329th out of 379 players in PER.

Last 9 games he is 4/34 from 3. Not a typo.

Last 9 games he is averaging 4.3 PPG.

This is a starting player on the best team in the league and dude wants to bring up +/-. Maybe because he’s on the court with the best team in the league?

Jazzinho

I love Royce, this shoting slump will be over someday and he will improve his impact to what has once been a positive impact.
With that being said, he is too limited offensivelly and not as good defensivelly as most of us though he was in the past. There are dozens of players in the league that I would prefer in his price range. Will any of them come to Utah in free agency? Not sure. Do we have the assets to trade for them? Absolutelly not. So we roll with Royce.
The most disappointing for me is the development aspect. He had a couple of offseasons to add things to his game and he didnt add much.

White Chocolate

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
just watched it again, that was some serious wtf defending....he shoulda fouled em at least wtf

Literally anything... ANYTHING... is better than playing matador defense and allowing a wide open layup to tie the game.

Also, is it normal for a team to attack the "best" perimeter defender on the opposing team on the final possession of the game?

yamers

royce got smoked on that play, but i still believe in him, hes rebounding the ball, hes gona find it.

cowhide

Maybe just dump all your insanity in this thread? Get it out of your system?
It is not insanity to think Royce is a bench player and not an NBA starter. I have always thought that. I think he would excel even more coming off the bench because he would be playing against bench players.

FAILED STATE

That’s really all you have to say?

He’s 329th out of 379 players in PER.

Last 9 games he is 4/34 from 3. Not a typo.

Last 9 games he is averaging 4.3 PPG.

This is a starting player on the best team in the league and dude wants to bring up +/-. Maybe because he’s on the court with the best team in the league?
He’s obviously in a slump. His mother also obviously gave him the name Royce... should we discuss that obvious point, too?

I see the body of his work. And I see his clear value.

FAILED STATE

I see you’re doubling down and will die on this hill. Dude is a liability and will get exposed (again) in the playoffs.
I see you’re still unable to see the full chain of causation... and are thus still dumbly pointing your finger in the wrong direction.

Royce is generally good at what he does.... BUT IS CONTINUOUSLY COACHED INTO SITUATIONS THAT MIGHT BE OUTSIDE OF WHAT HE’S GOOD AT. Someone has to do that kind of dirty work, I guess, because no team has a tool for every job. It’s just too bad that these players get turned into scapegoats by fans who can’t see the larger picture.

FAILED STATE

It is not insanity to think Royce is a bench player and not an NBA starter. I have always thought that. I think he would excel even more coming off the bench because he would be playing against bench players.
Do we need to make an Excel spreadsheet listing the 5th options on championship-contending teams?

FAILED STATE

Can you name me a championship team who had a 6'4 PF be a reason they won an nba championship. You would not need an Excel spreadsheet for that list.
He doesn’t play “PF”. I wish I knew what position he played.... but since Quin asks him to do everything, it’s kind of hard to tell, right?