What's new

Thunderstruck

BTP

You guys know that saying? That on 7 fat years 7 lean follow?

The Thunder are having a 15 man roster right now. When you consider an upcoming suspension for Telfair, the Thunder will enter next game with 6 healthy players...

In 2007 they got Kevin Durant, a once in a generation talent and he lead them to the finals and then they chickened out over fearing losses.
7 years later everybody is hurt and they are really risking playoff participation this year the way their season starts.
That's a real threat.
The Grizzlies started last season slow and were one of the best teams in the 2nd half but they really struggled to secure a Western playoff spot. This Thunder team might start the same way the Jazz began last year.

That's a story worth monitoring.

I don't how serious Perry Jones' injury is or not, but he's probably shown enough in the past 5 games to secure his spot in the NBA for many years to come.

Or they could lucked out in the lottery, grab Karl Towns / Okafor and be back like the Spurs when they had Robinson out & then got Duncan in the draft.

Or they go the SA route: miss the playoffs entirely, get a top-3 pick, and ensure they're a contender for the next decade.

Impossible pretty much. They will get Westbrook back in enough time to put up a decent record, probably one that would make the playoffs in the East. They will probably finish somewhere between the 12th-14th worst team in the league, which only lands them a decent chance at getting a role player, but not a star.

They'll still make the playoffs imo. They may have to finish 45-10 but I believe they'll do it. I also am taking them in a few weeks to win it all. They're at 9:1 now. Once they fall to 15-20:1, I'm jumping on it.

They'll still make the playoffs imo. They may have to finish 45-10 but I believe they'll do it. I also am taking them in a few weeks to win it all. They're at 9:1 now. Once they fall to 15-20:1, I'm jumping on it.
I like it

Rockets 69 - 65 Thunder

Both sides shot 29%

Did Thunder have a shooting performance like that with Durant before?