What's new

Time for the "Rudy Gobert" Hype

Jazz Spazz

Inconceivable
Staff member
Did any of you see Gobert play in that SL game against the Bucks?

He only committed 3 fouls while being all over the place both offensively and defensively. He was blocking shots, altering shots, grabbing rebounds well out of the range of the normal human, put back dunks in traffic, and he generally harassed the other team into submission. The greek freak did get one dunk on him as he was going for the block, but the next play he got a dunk on the greek freak. I love his fire, I love his effort, I love how he cuts to the basket.

I just have to say if he is playing like this Snyder will have to give him playing time. I don't even care who he takes it from.

The End.

discuss

Reactions: ema
I am very pleased with Gobert. Still has a lot to learn but he appears to be developing very nicely. Love his fire as well. Hopefully he, Exum and Burke can get this team fired up and aggressive. Have them run teams off the court and just go for the throat.

I'll be hyped when he starts doing these things against the Duncans/Aldridges/Davis/Love/Etc of the league.

I said this in another thread, but I'll repeat:

I'm cheering for Rudy harder than anyone else on the roster. I love his mobility and intensity. Between him and Favors, I think we have our interior defenders.

We all know that Gobert can block shots and alter shots, what will make the difference is on offense if he can improve his hands. He had a hard time catching in traffic last year. It looks like he has worked on it and he looks much more comfortable on offense. He is amazing to watch on defense. He covers so much ground. I swear I thought he had 10 blocks last night. He had a block where a guy shot a fade away jumper in the lane, Gobert is so long that he still got a piece of it. You can tell he's been working hard, I can't wait to see how coach Q is going to use him.

Does anyone else think he looks bigger? Any reports on weight gain?

There was a pic about a month ago of him hiking with neto and he has his shirt off. He looked noticably bigger and it was obvious he had been busting his but in the gym. Very muscular.

Also, not that the stats mean that much, but in 48 minutes he's scored 24 points, grabbed 18 rebounds and blocked 7 shots.

There was a pic about a month ago of him hiking with neto and he has his shirt off. He looked noticably bigger and it was obvious he had been busting his but in the gym. Very muscular.
I thought the same thing. Looks bigger in-game as well.

He's going to need more strength than he had last year to get decent minutes.

So many guys to choose from. Lets say you were wanting to get a jersey for your son, who do you choose? Dante? Burks? Hood? Rudy? Favs? Hayward? Kanter? Man, you might just have to get em all. Btw, we got him a Burke Jersey last year cause those were everywhere. Plus, I don't mind Burke, I think he'll prove to be somewhere between 20 and 30 rated PG. Not bad for a rotation PG as long as he only gets paid what he's worth, if not, he's first to go.

Right now, Burks is still my fav, but dang, the Rudy/Hood/Dante potential!

Does anyone else think he looks bigger? Any reports on weight gain?

I read somewhere he gained 10lbs of muscle and was bigger. I'll look for the link, but maybe someone will beat me to it.

Gobert adds bulk - link

But entering his second season Gobert has packed on some extra muscle — and looks to be ready for a bigger role.

This time around, Gobert says he's packed on about 10 pounds, and he feels more comfortable and confident on the floor.

Did any of you see Gobert play in that SL game against the Bucks?

He only committed 3 fouls while being all over the place both offensively and defensively. He was blocking shots, altering shots, grabbing rebounds well out of the range of the normal human, put back dunks in traffic, and he generally harassed the other team into submission. The greek freak did get one dunk on him as he was going for the block, but the next play he got a dunk on the greek freak. I love his fire, I love his effort, I love how he cuts to the basket.

I just have to say if he is playing like this Snyder will have to give him playing time. I don't even care who he takes it from.

The End.

discuss

Gobert looked awesome out there but have to keep in my that he was guarded by 6'8" D-leaguers. He did manage to stay out of foul trouble but I did notice a few moving screens they could have easily called. It's obvious he is improving and hoping to see him more throughout this season

I thought the same thing. Looks bigger in-game as well.

He's going to need more strength than he had last year to get decent minutes.

Watching the first game live, I notice he battle really well with opponents with more weight than him. They would often throw their bodies into him to push him around and gain post position, but Rudy held his own. One dude's facial expression when he tried and failed was complete shock.