What's new

TMZ reports that Kobe Bryant passed away.

Well this awkward. I was going to ask you to be my bitch.
tenor.gif

Incredibly sad to read those who use this platform, at this time, to condemn or demean the name or life of Kobe Bryant. From the ashes and wreckage of his great transgression in 2003, came a great story of redemption, retribution, and a life lived with a purpose of being/doing better and helping others. Everywhere he went in the world was a bit brighter because he was there. He donated time, money, and his passion for being and doing better at whatever you do was and will continue to be a great influence for millions. He was a great man, husband, and an even better father. Out of the wreckage and ashes you saw Sunday will emerge proof of a life well lived, and stories worth telling. I wasn't even a fan. I laughed at him when he shot airballs and the Jazz broomed him twice. Didn't age well as the laughter became tears as he became a 5-time champ, sometimes after dispatching the Jazz. Be better people or please don't comment.

It's hard to disagree with anything said here. I admit, my loathing of him as a person/player trumps almost everything (except my hatred for anything Utah Utes and/or their disgusting fan base), and I didn't feel a shred of regret for my original post. In hindsight, as is almost always the case, I should've kept my mouth shut. I still feel uninhibited hatred for him, but, you know, time, place, and all that crap. There really was, nor is there now, any reason for anyone to come on here and disrespect. Make a new thread where we can all have a hatred circle-jerk, and I'll be there.

FWIW bitches, sorry for derailing the thread.

Not sure if this has been brought up but I have to wonder if Kobe pressured the pilot to fly. Like, “we’re not missing that game. Fly.”

I wonder what this dude thinks of the way that Hayseed handled his exit from Utah. Does he "get it?"

I've always thought of Tirico as a Utah hater. After watching that video I just laughed. Hawyard doing something for the "fraternity of the NBA." *Pulls up where's gordo video*

This is an incredibly trite thought, but here goes. Tried to chuck a pop into a bin today from distance and without thinking heard myself exclaim "kobe!" before missing by a mile...

Oh, and here`s a thing I actually came to post. Cabbie is a semi prominent media figure here in Canada, at least in the sports world who used to (I think he still does but I havent seen him on TV in awhile) do goofy locker room segments with athletes. He was really good at bringing out guys personality and he seemed to have an incredibly close relationship as a reporter with Kobe who tended to be guarded with the media. Watching coverage of this event they had Cabbie on the phone and he was easily the most choked up of anyone I saw react to his death. Anyway here`s a clip that really showcases the lighter side of Kobe if you are interested.

Last edited:
This is an incredibly trite thought, but here goes. Tried to chuck a pop into a bin today from distance and without thinking heard myself exclaim "kobe!" before missing by a mile...

Oh, and here`s a thing I actually came to post. Cabbie is a semi prominent media figure here in Canada, at least in the sports world who used to (I think he still does but I havent seen him on TV in awhile) do goofy locker room segments with athletes. He was really good at bringing out guys personality and he seemed to have an incredibly close relationship as a reporter with Kobe who tended to be guarded with the media. Watching coverage of this event they had Cabbie on the phone and he was easily the most choked up of anyone I saw react to his death. Anyway here`s a clip that really showcases the lighter side of Kobe if you are interested.

That Cabbie guy is hilarious!

I hope at my funeral people feel the need to bring up all my faults and mistakes. When my dad dies I expect everyone to mention his battles with alcohol and the terrible things he did during those parts of his life. Would hate for people to just feel sorrow and compassion...

That's a very bad analogy, since we are not at Bryant's funeral and nobody is bringing up his faults and mistakes to his friends and relatives. Nobody is, let's say, approaching Vanessa Bryant and saying "That dead husband of yours was kind of a dick, wasn't he?"

That's a very bad analogy, since we are not at Bryant's funeral and nobody is bringing up his faults and mistakes to his friends and relatives. Nobody is, let's say, approaching Vanessa Bryant and saying "That dead husband of yours was kind of a dick, wasn't he?"
1000% this

Social media (which jazzfanz.com is) is not the place for friends and family to grieve.

No one here is making fart noises at his memorial service. We are expressing our opinions on a message board that is not a gathering place for anyone who had a personal relationship with Kobe Bryant.

If you actually had a personal relationship with Kobe Bryant and you're reading this message, you need to make direct contact with others who knew him and grieve with them in real life, not here.

Dude was on top of the world, happy, ambitious, hungry, and kept his family at number one.

I had no idea he helped create a children's book and I'm going to buy my son it now.

Reactions: MVP
I will simply present myself and thoughts honestly and authenticly.

I never care when celebrities die. Whether Robin Williams, Kobe, prince, or David Bowie. It doesn't effect me at all. I grieve enough over the people I know and love.

Having said that, I prefer love over hate and it does warm my heart to see people care for others so I get a sense of well being for society seeing the outpouring of emotion over the Kobe tragedy.

Gives me hope so for that I'm thankful

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app