What's new

To Those That Attack Me For My Beliefs

Life, existence, conciousness, earth, the universe is really bizarre. Sometimes I get a lil panicked and overwhelmed when I think too deep into it. Humans and animals are 100% programmed though, we just don't know how or why.

I used to be religious. I'm not anymore. Sometimes I wish I were. Sometimes I'm glad I'm not. I'm thankful to have my perspective and to know why people believe the way they do. I figure, what ever points someone in their right direction and helps them in life, then I support it. Religion is a great framework to have, especially when life gets hard.

I consider myself agnostic. I don't believe that we just end when we die. I mean, we as a person may end, but not as an energy, force, and what physically make us up. Maybe, some how everything is connected. Maybe our carbon make up recycles into another living thing or energy.

Has anyone ever had a deep and comforting feeling right before or after you fall asleep (like where you're in your REM and everything becomes more clear and real) where you feel like, I've been here before. You don't know exactly where here is, or when, but you're sure you've been there? It's hard to explain. (I think DMT plays a role in this feeling, personally.)

I recommend listening to binary beats and out of body meditation music. I've had some great experiences (not out of body) and it really eases the mind.

Funny how you have that standard when it come to religion but you expect Trump to prove he didnt do anything when it comes to Russia.
Huh?

I accepted the muller report. There is no evidence of a direct link between Russia's efforts to influence the election and the Trump campaign.

Why are you dishonest? Bad upbringing?

Huh?

I accepted the muller report. There is no evidence of a direct link between Russia's efforts to influence the election and the Trump campaign.

Why are you dishonest? Bad upbringing?

Great. Now we can both agree that the leftist media is dishonest and biased and so is the FBI, and among other deep state entities.

The leftist media concocted this BS conspiracy.

We agree on this now.

Great. Now we can both agree that the leftist media is dishonest and biased and so is the FBI, and among other deep state entities.

We agree on this now.
Nope. That's another completely false statement by you.

The dishonesty and lack of integrity on your part continues.

Funny how you have that standard when it come to religion but you expect Trump to prove he didnt do anything when it comes to Russia.

We already know the extent of the Trump campaign's involvement with Russia, which on a couple of occasions only missed being criminal by 1) the incompetence of Cohen, or 2) the ignorance of Donald Jr. I don't expect Trump to prove what is untrue.

We agree on this now.
So you don't want to own up to your BS?

You're a dishonest person.

You have no integrity.

You're playing stupid games here.

This is my last response to you.

@NPC D4617, you are forgetting that Mueller never actually concluded that absolutely no evidence was developed that in fact suggested collusion, or conspiracy. People lied, like Manafort for instance. People used encrypted communication, and people deleted communications. Some of this evidence is described in this article. Mueller could not prove conspiracy between the Trump campaign and the Russians "beyond a reasonable doubt". Some of this less then conclusive evidence was brought forth in yesterday's Intelligence Committee hearing, such as Manafort having polling data delivered to a Putin connected oligarch. Just because the factors mentioned above may have made a "beyond reasonable doubt" case impossible, does not mean collusion or conspiracy may not have in fact been present:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...nce-key-trump-russia-conspiracies-ncna1032516

Left wing conspiracies aside, thank you to those who have shared thoughtful comments to this prompt on faith. Those who have shared sincere opinions have elevated the conversation and have inserted a level of humanity into the conversation. You have also added a degree of community that is rare here, Jazz Ave posts being a notable exception.

By representing the other’s argument in its strongest and most positive light, only then is it fair to disagree with it.

A personal tragedy made me take a hard look religion and the comfort and hope it can offer. As Mr. Dillon says, I asked her for salvation and she gave me a lethal dose. There is also the element of redemption that resonates with me when we fail to live up to who we hope to be on our best days.

I will wish everyone peace and progress on your journey of faith. I think it takes a degree of faith to stand on either side. I hope we can show humanity and compassion to folks on either side of this fence.

I just had a discussion with a formerly athiest friend on this topic yesterday. He mentioned to me how in his marriage he was miserable, his mind literally became so broken from the mental anguish of his marriage that he went into a coma for 2 months. I met him in 2007, 2 months after he woke from this coma.

In that coma he had an NDE and said that a feminine being came to him took him on top of a very tall mountain. All of his life began being showed to him... Memories he didn't remember... Images of him as a baby... All the stuff he felt ashamed about... All the mistakes he had made. He said as he was watching it, he felt a great shame for all of his mistakes as he saw them being shown to him by this being. With tears in his eyes he did not know how to respond to this feminine being in front of him, so began to cry and say he was sorry, basically just pure anguish seeing the opportunity he had squandered. The paths he could have gone on but didn't. He said that being then said to him. "You misunderstand, I love you and have always loved you."

All this while he was in a coma. He said the dream was like the longest of his life, then the being offered him another chance at life... He woke up in a hospital bed. He said it was then that his beliefs changed from athiesm to belief in God.

It doesn't prove anything, but the conviction in his story is very striking to me every time he described it.

I'm of the mind that humans in their arrogance believe they have the answers one way or another... We don't know **** about **** regarding the universe... For as much as we know... It's a pin prick of what is in the universe. We've barely scratched the surface of understanding even our own world, let alone the cosmos. It's a cool story all the same and I enjoy every time I get to hear my friend tell it.

the concept of brainwashing is such a fun go to whenever someone disagrees with something. anytime anyone tries to teach anyone something, there is the possibility of calling it brainwashing. because that's what teaching is, trying to take someone and effect their understanding of something. advertising? brainwashing. school? brainwashing. science? yeah, brainwashing, because science proves themselves wrong all the time. and religion falls under the same category, except part of a lot of religions core beliefs, er, 'knowledge' is that you are supposed to have faith. what is being ignored is that you are also supposed to 'feel' it out in your heart to 'know' that it is right, and if a person is full of anger or bitterness, they aren't able to feel much of anything, which is also why you are supposed to forgive and release anger. i can't go into everything without having everyone skip my post because it is so long, but i believe that everything from nature to science to religion to our own lives are interconnected and the truths are interwoven into all of these things. that's what i've found through my life so far.

Edit: the brainwash comment i am referring to was on page, 1, i didn't realize like an idiot that there were seven pages in this.

@NPC D4617, you are forgetting that Mueller never actually concluded that absolutely no evidence was developed that in fact suggested collusion, or conspiracy. People lied, like Manafort for instance. People used encrypted communication, and people deleted communications. Some of this evidence is described in this article. Mueller could not prove conspiracy between the Trump campaign and the Russians "beyond a reasonable doubt". Some of this less then conclusive evidence was brought forth in yesterday's Intelligence Committee hearing, such as Manafort having polling data delivered to a Putin connected oligarch. Just because the factors mentioned above may have made a "beyond reasonable doubt" case impossible, does not mean collusion or conspiracy may not have in fact been present:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...nce-key-trump-russia-conspiracies-ncna1032516

I love it how those so critical of the Leftist media and decry media bias, soak up Right wing media bias with nary a skeptical thought and complain not a whit about its many and obvious biases.

In other words, media errancy and bias are not the problem, left leaning media errancy and bias are. Right leaning media bias has no errancies and its biases are just fine and dandy.