What's new

Tobias Harris

No, i think is a good move for Utah. Get a good starter for a injure prone player with contract until 2021. And this let you keep Favors and Rubio, if you want, a proven roster, or let them go and pursuit another good FA players to improve

Warren has averaged 52 games played per season in 5 years, so you are trading one injury prone player for another. Warren has also shot less than 26% from three in 3 of his 5 seasons. You are compensating PHOENIX like he is an all star. Maybe, I would trade Exum straight across with no picks, but it wouldn’t be a slam dunk decision.

I think Sixers will resign Harris and Butler. They can offer more money. Utah is not a good FA place in last years. Now with a racist episode.
Its more realistic get the PF you need in a trade.
Suns wants a PG. They have a chaotic front office. So try in the draft night:
TJ Warren x Exum +1st Utah pick 2019 + 1st Utah pick 2020 top14 protected.
TJ Warren: 6,8, 215lb (Crowder 6,6, Harris 6,9). 428 3P%, 18 ppg...with contract until 2022, 11-12 mil per year.
A) your trade is against the CBA, you can't trade back to back picks.
B) 2 first round picks for TJ Warren? Are you a PHX fan or high?

Let's all hope Philla gets a giant L tomorrow. They'll fire Brown. Someone won't be back on that roster. That someone could easily be Harris.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That's what I'm hoping too, nateboz.
If we can't get a GOAT, let's get a SCAPE GOAT.

2017-03-27-19-11-48.jpg

So, I figure if we get Tobias then we are signing a scrub starting Point Guard. We cant get tobias an Beverley or tobias and brogdon. It just doesnt work as far as cap space goes. It's tobias and min salary vets or it's a point guard and not max contracts.

So, I think the fundamental question moving into the offseason is... do we make Donovan the point?

If the answer is yes then tobias is in play.

If the answer is no then the follow up question would be what type of point guard do we want next to donovan and how much will they cost? Once we have spent what that takes then do we have $$$ for Tobias? Nope.

So, I figure if we get Tobias then we are signing a scrub starting Point Guard. We cant get tobias an Beverley or tobias and brogdon. It just doesnt work as far as cap space goes. It's tobias and min salary vets or it's a point guard and not max contracts.

So, I think the fundamental question moving into the offseason is... do we make Donovan the point?

If the answer is no then the follow up question would be what type of point guard do we want next to donovan and how much will they cost? Once we have spent what that takes then do we have $$$ for Tobias? Nope.

getting tobias AND brogdon would be superb, brogdon aint no scrub man, i dont think we have the money for both of them actually, maybe we can try and pry satoransky off the wizards

Ingles is the PG

If we get Tobias, we can figure out the PG situation with a suitable PG addition like a Collison or McConnell type to go with Exum, Donovan, and Grayson.

If we get a Kemba, Kyrie, or Jrue, we can figure out the PF situation with what we already have in O'Neale, Crowder, Ingles, and Niang.

The hope is that we can get one (great PF) or the other (good PG).

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Look, if in some bizarre scenario, Favors ends up striking out and the Jazz have some space that's around the MLE (cuz Favors will likely AT LEAST get an MLE offer and we have to acknowledge SOME level of reality), then great, come on back. Happy to have him. $18 million is completely bananas, though.

I'm willing - eager, even - to part with Favors in the pursuit of other players. And for the millionth time, it's not because he's not good or not likable.
I find it hard to believe no one will want Favors.
I doubt either Kemba, Tobias or Conley are on the roster opening night. It is the sad reality.
You must be the type that dated ugly girls weren’t you...
This is exactly why if we miss out on big guys like Tobias, then we should keep our minds open to guys like Rozier.

We need to aim high, but still target guys who might have potential left in them.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
This is exactly why the Knicks have missed the playoffs the last two decades, because they were willing to spend top $ to just anyone
Ingles is the PG
Agreed, and if need be Mitchell can take the pressure off by bringing ball up the court.

Bev and Brogdon are in very different price ranges, BTW.

So, I am assuming no one thinks donovan with the ball in his hands is the solution here?

Lillard initiates most plays. Harden initiates most plays. Westbrook initiates many plays.

Mitchell's usage is too high today but remember that his best months this year were when Rubio, Exum, and Neto were hurt and he was playing the point.

Perhaps the solution is Tobias and keeping Korver and maturing Grayson.

Budget shooters are cheaper today than budget point guards. And a shooter next to Mitchell is what we need.

Also, what's the price range for Beverley? I figure he will get something borth of $8 million but below $13 million.

Budget shooters are cheaper today than budget point guards. And a shooter next to Mitchell is what we need.

Also, what's the price range for Beverley? I figure he will get something borth of $8 million but below $13 million.
I’d love to have Beverley.

The answer is you sign Tobias and figure everything else out later. But yes, Donovan is capable at the point in a worst-case scenario (might even be a best-case scenario), but stretching Korver could create enough cap to go after Beverly (former teammate, BTW), not to mention the room exception that might be enough to grab Carusso or Hill. Or whoever.

Then it’s settled. Harris and Beverly.

Gobert/Harris/Ingles/Mitchell/Beverly.

Crowder, O’Neale, Bradley, Korver, Exum, Allen and Niang as primary bench pieces
I doubt you can get Beverly for 2 years, $8 million. So Korver would have to go.

I would also love to keep Korver. But between the retirement talk and the nature of his deal, he’s clearly the first place you turn to open up significant additional cap space.

I doubt you can get Beverly for 2 years, $8 million. So Korver would have to go.

I would also love to keep Korver. But between the retirement talk and the nature of his deal, he’s clearly the first place you turn to open up significant additional cap space.

I like Korver but I’d take the Harris and Beverly grouping over Korver.

So...

upload_2019-5-12_13-37-1.png