What's new

Tomic Question

with respect to siler, who has been astute enough to provide absolutely ZERO details of tomic's buyout clause, i think he's shooting from the hip. not that it COULDN'T happen in 2011, but if it does, it means one of two things:

1) tomic and his agent were able to negotiate a serious discount in the buyout amount (not altogether uncommon, although less likely in this case because AT is a key piece for madrid.)
2) tomic wants to be an NBA player so bad that he is willing to part with 5M + of his own coin to make it happen. (rarely happens, and if it did, it would mean the jazz were likely willing to pay him a splitter-like deal.)

Until proven otherwise, I think Siler IS shooting fom the hip. Heck, he probably gets 90% of his info from reading jazzfanz or accessing the DNews or Trib online.

Tomic ain;t gonna pony up 5M Euros. And I doubt the Jazz would give him enough money to make it worthwhile for Ante to pay that kind of penalty. So count Tomic out until his contract expires.

I predict we'll never see him in a Jazz uniform. His rights will be traded at some point.