What's new

Tomorrow there is a funeral and a birth.

Grandpa Jazz

Tomorrow the Olde Jazz are dead. Long live the new Jazz. Very excited for what i perceive as a new beginning. We also need a different perspective on who and what "Jazz" means.

Legitimate like dictionary meanings:

a: A style of music.
b: Animation; enthusiasm
c: Miscellaneous; unspecified things
d: To give great pleasure to; excite
e: To cause to accelerate

All are legit usages of the word "Jazz". Only one usage refers to a musical style, whereas "Lakers" is pretty unambiguous. Unless you want to stretch the meaning to include "cesspool"!
Oh Yeah, I'm ready for the season to begin!
I am "Jazzed"!!!!!

Tomorrow the Olde Jazz are dead. Long live the new Jazz. Very excited for what i perceive as a new beginning. We also need a different perspective on who and what "Jazz" means.

All are legit usages of the word "Jazz". Only one usage refers to a musical style, whereas "Lakers" is pretty unambiguous. Unless you want to stretch the meaning to include "cesspool"!
I am "Jazzed"!!!!!

You're weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old Jazz died when Corbin was let go/fired/not resigned...

The new Jazz was born when Coach Q was signed.

hbr_sticker_2011_l.jpg

The Olde Jazz died when the franchise moved from New Orleans and Battistone was dumb enough to keep the name. Love the team, have always felt the name is silly. And yes, I get the fact others have kept names which have nothing to do with the new location (e.g. Lakers).

Wow. I just learned something today:
Jerry Buss was actually instrumental in keeping the Jazz in Utah by sticking up for LHM when he stepped in to buy 50% of the team. Otherwise, the Jazz would have ended up in Miami - and the owner of the Spurs at the time, who was head of the NBA Board of Governors, was a driving force behind the Jazz to Miami movement.

Wow. I just learned something today:
Jerry Buss was actually instrumental in keeping the Jazz in Utah by sticking up for LHM when he stepped in to buy 50% of the team. Otherwise, the Jazz would have ended up in Miami - and the owner of the Spurs at the time, who was head of the NBA Board of Governors, was a driving force behind the Jazz to Miami movement.

Link damnit. I refuse to believe that anything but evil has ever come from that organization.

I am "Jazzed"!!!!!

So i take it you are up for dropping the "jazz note" logo and replacing with a "jazz hands" logo?

The Olde Jazz died when the franchise moved from New Orleans and Battistone was dumb enough to keep the name. Love the team, have always felt the name is silly. And yes, I get the fact others have kept names which have nothing to do with the new location (e.g. Lakers).

clipart-hiker-4bad.png
UTAH HIKERS

^too campy?

If that's what they are, they are the biggest damn panties in the galaxy. Your entire family can climb inside one pair.

It will be nice to watch games and not worry about "the tank".

At least for the first 25 games or so.

So i take it you are up for dropping the "jazz note" logo and replacing with a "jazz hands" logo?

Never thought about the Jazz hands thing before but a modified version might be nice. Maybe with just one finger extended instead of all five. In other words NO! Only sports logo/name that needs changed is the Washington Redskins. Just seems too literal and blunt. Really don't believe the name was meant to be offensive or viewed that way by fans, and doubt that many Indian people are actually offended. Anybody like the Washington Piscataways? The logo for this name can only be imagined and would be offensive to a great many cat lovers.
As far as Utah Jazz.......... Jazz music is played and listened to everywhere. Just got carried away with Jazz fever and started defending something that needs no defense. Sorry, but then i am apparently .....weird. But not as weird as say heyhey is.