What's new

Top 10 Best Jazz Players of All Time (and the rest) - FINAL LIST!!!

What did Andy Larsen say?

The best evidence for his locker room presence was the absolute culture meltdown we had at precisely the point he was traded this last season, that we saw both in the media and in the quality of play on the floor. Could have been coincidence, could have been brewing for a long time and just bubbled over, or could have been that Ingles did a good job of bringing the team together and when he left it just fell apart.

"I know many think Joe Ingles could have been a positive voice in the locker room had he not been traded ... but frankly, people I have spoken to in the Jazz’s locker room and with knowledge of the Jazz’s locker room are skeptical about that point. I, too, am skeptical. Problems existed before and after his departure. Ingles is hilarious, but frankly, he is also prickly. I don’t think he was going to work a miracle in the locker room. No, I do not think this plays out differently if Ingles doesn’t tear his ACL or isn’t traded."

I think it is more of Horny being the final piece in turning us from a perennial playoff team to a true finals contender. And he gave up a chance at a more central role to be the 3rd wheel to help us get there.

And for me, Boozer was always as much a frustration as a revelation. He scored a lot and got a lot of rebounds, but he also pioneered the matador defense, which was so irritating to watch. I remember a game thread or something once when someone said that on offense he moves like he has wings on his feet and on defense he moves like his feet are planted in cement, or something like that. And frankly the whole "I getting paid regardless" **** was grating, no doubt that had an influence on the voting somewhat. I think part of the good thing about the top 10 is they were all instrumental in us winning, either the best record in the league for the first time ever, or getting to the finals, or keeping the team afloat during rough stretches. It kind of fades after that, imo.

When you add up everything I understand this conclusion but if we are talking about the best players I think Boozer was obviously the better player for us than Hornacek. Stats and accolades back this up. It’s not particularly close.

Same thing with Ingles. In no way is he a better player than some of the guys he’s ahead of.

I think people are getting their emotions mixed up with actual game. That is why we should do most loved Jazz players of all-time separately. I’d bet both of them are very high on that list.

When you add up everything I understand this conclusion but if we are talking about the best players I think Boozer was obviously the better player for us than Hornacek. Stats and accolades back this up. It’s not particularly close.

Same thing with Ingles. In no way is he a better player than some of the guys he’s ahead of.

I think people are getting their emotions mixed up with actual game. That is why we should do most loved Jazz players of all-time separately. I’d bet both of them are very high on that list.
Well we don't need a vote on "Jazz players with the best stats" list.

He might be my least favorite jazz player ever
He was a guy who could have made all the difference for the Jazz and due to not giving a **** he made none of the difference. After he got bitch slapped by shaq he was pretty much done.

AK in the top 10 is crazy to me. I think the next 8 players could make a solid argument to be over him. Boozer isn't my favorite player but he should be really above AK. AK almost got our team to the playoffs before he started to decline every year after. Boozer took our team to multiple solid playoffs. Okur was a bigger part of those playoff teams. AK was the 4th fiddle and really the reason those teams couldn't go further. His contract combined with declining play each year killed any chance those teams had.

People are just voting him based on potential he had but never fulfilled because video games were more important to him.

Now queue up all the Sloan miss used him. He should have been PF over boozer blah blah blah.

I still think Jazz would be bottom 1/3 of the league for lists like this. But probably the main reason is we had two HOF player for almost 20 years and pretty much no other talent around them. In the mean time most teams had lots of players coming and going the whole time. We also are a small market which means we have got less FAs and taken less chances. Things have really changed a lot though in the last 10 years or so here.

What stats? Advanced stats favour Hornacek by a fair bit.