What's new

Top 5 Breakfast spots in Utah.

Beantown

Its looks like KSL is copying our ideas for their articles. Here is their list for breakfast spots:

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=26325740&nid=1010

Herms Inn-Logan

Park Cafe-SLC

Blue Plate Diner-SLC

Callie's Cafe-Orem

Jailouse Cafe-Moab

Agree or disagree?

I think its sacrilegious that Ruth's Diner up Immigration canyon isn't on that list. The location alone is amazing not to mention the food. I also think Carl's Cafe in Cottonwood is another gem. Their scones are heavenly.

Last edited:
I was very suprised that Sill's was not on this list in Layton... I've been to the Blue Plate and Park Cafe and for breakfast would go to Sill's all day long. Scones, Gravy over the Hash Browns cannot be beat.

Also I have never heard of Callies in Orem but maybe ill have to try it. Although reviews just talk about big servings which often makes breakfast places popular but I would rather have quality over quantity. Hub cafe in Heber is really popular they are huge portions but the food is okay.

BTW author of this article David Newlin is a bad *** dude and the band he plays in is great, John Ross Boyce and his Troubles!

Two obvious omissions. Bean already pointed out Ruth's, but I'd also say Bruges Waffles and Frites should be on the list.

From the outside it looks like a bar. Really surprised it's on the list. Perhaps I should try it as well.

As you say that I just remembered it is a beer only bar place at night and they do karaoke.

Now I have less of a desire to go.

I don't think I've ever eaten out for breakfast at 5 different places in Utah. That's normally a vacation only ritual for me. Not a huge fan of what usually consists of breakfast, so I just eat fruit, cereal, and a protein shake every morning for meal numero uno.

I don't think I've ever eaten out for breakfast at 5 different places in Utah. That's normally a vacation only ritual for me. Not a huge fan of what usually consists of breakfast, so I just eat fruit, cereal, and a protein shake every morning for meal numero uno.

tumblr_lqx4fsKabt1qdbpolo1_500.gif

Market Grill in Cedar City
Black Bear Cafe in St George

Oh man not me. Breakfast all the way. Hashborowns, french toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits n gravy, waffles, ham, toast, juice, grits, pancakes, cheese, and the 6 million ways to combine various parts of that list.

I'd die without a good breakfast at least twice a week.

Ruth's Diner
Sharon's Cafe
Over the Counter
The Olympian
Sonic Breakfast Burritos