What's new

Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

Now the games are just rescheduled? Not sure. Apparently Orlando was out on the floor ready to play. Milwaukee refused to come out.
Would be semi-hilarious to see the Magic come out and say "we fully support you guys here... but... rules is rules and we were ready to play so..."

“The financial consequences to the downtown corridor are a running calculation that is almost impossible to wrap your mind around,” he said — with one company already saying the riots have cost $20 million in damage and lost business."

@One Brow at what point do you think it's a **** hole?

I wonder how many small business were lost or will be moving to a more stable state. The unemployment rate will be in the double digits for years.

All games today postponed. Wonder if that means tomorrow's games will all be pushed back a day now.

Bucks forfeited game 5 against Orlando
I wonder if they would have done that if they weren't up 3-1, or if they were facing a team like Toronto instead of Orlando? I give them credit for taking a stand, but it feels a lot like my uncle, who is worth about 50 mill, bragging that he donated $1000 to some charity. Yeah he wrote a pretty big check to most of us, but it definitely didn't affect him in any way.

So? It looks a lot better than downtown East St. Louis, and as the narrator of the video said, most of the damage is within a few city blocks.

Have you been to Portland? It's tiny. It's downtown is tiny. A few city blocks is the entire downtown. And East St Louis has been a **** hole for decades.

I wonder if they would have done that if they weren't up 3-1, or if they were facing a team like Toronto instead of Orlando? I give them credit for taking a stand, but it feels a lot like my uncle, who is worth about 50 mill, bragging that he donated $1000 to some charity. Yeah he wrote a pretty big check to most of us, but it definitely didn't affect him in any way.

I support it but it does feel a bit empty for one reason or another.

I mean that logic is pretty easy to use in defense of cops. 99.999999999% of the time they don't kill the unarmed minority. So it's all good I guess.

You are correct that a majority of the unfair policing is not fatal.

Have you been to Portland? It's tiny. It's downtown is tiny. A few city blocks is the entire downtown. And East St Louis has been a **** hole for decades.

That's exactly my point. Racism has been taking a toll for years. It's destroyed cities to a much greater extent than these protesters have.

However, I agree with you that white people seem to make it worse when they get involved in these protests, regardless of which side they are on.

That's exactly my point. Racism has been taking a toll for years. It's destroyed cities to a much greater extent than these protesters have.

However, I agree with you that white people seem to make it worse when they get involved in these protests, regardless of which side they are on.
Have you read the book, The New Jim Crow? Truly eye-opening.

This gets so little media attention. But we know how people can be radicalized by leaders like Osama Bin Ladin. Why don’t we want to discuss how Trump and right wing media are radicalizing segments of our own Population?

Completely agree, but doing what they are doing is just a quarter step above doing absolutely nothing and maybe a 1/2 step above straight up joining the KKK. It's making people hate their cause and what they want changed. White people should be protesting, they should be involved, but they SHOULD NOT be leading the charge. They have no skin in the game. They don't think about the consequences. It's maddening.

Completely agree, but doing what they are doing is just a quarter step above doing absolutely nothing and maybe a 1/2 step above straight up joining the KKK. It's making people hate their cause and what they want changed. White people should be protesting, they should be involved, but they SHOULD NOT be leading the charge. They have no skin in the game. They don't think about the consequences. It's maddening.

And @The Thriller can S my D before he calls me a racist for not bowing down to these stupid ****s.

So? It looks a lot better than downtown East St. Louis, and as the narrator of the video said, most of the damage is within a few city blocks.

So? Yeah, mmkay, buddy. Portland is doing amazing, right?

Are you really that dense?

It's not just a few blocks. @1:16 he says every where I look there's cardboard, garbage, tents and graffiti - he's not even across the bridge to downtown.

@2:40 in the video he literally shows blocks and blocks of boarded up buildings and says "block after block after block."

It's not just a few blocks. That is a lie.

Because One Brow lives in a **** hole he now gets to determine if other cities are true **** holes.

I used to travel to Portland once a month for a few years. Loved the city besides all the homeless kids everywhere. I don't care to go back.

The police in this town don’t seem to be very good. Blaming... the victims for the white supremacist shooting them? Ummm.

I don’t think these protesters are helping. I think they need to be better organized And far more articulate. They need to follow curfew and not give Trump the ammo he so desperately wants. But it seems weird how the protesters are being blamed for White supremacists shooting them. Am I missing something?