What's new

Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

A person I went to high school with posted something on Facebook that said a magnet stuck to her brother's arm and therefore would not get vaccinated along with her family because of witnessing it first hand. I commented with a link from Snoopes that goes over many details, claims, conspiracies that are going around about that right now. She responded by saying I'm not sure why you're posting this here. I saw what I saw and don't care to read anything you post - I'll put my faith in the lord.

I feel like the bigger idiot now trying to help someone that far stupid out.

The comments on the thread made my blood boil. I unfriended her. Hell, I don't know her other than she's not the brightest bulb.
I don't know why she's complaining - Magneto had badass abilities. Does she not want to wield such power?

Republicans literally voted to take away funding from the police today. If only there was a snappy campaign slogan we could use against them for doing this…

If there is a use for technology there is usually a far worse misuse.

I saw the Seattle Mayor is now actively campaigning for more police and moaning about violence lol. Hard to teach that kind of stupid

I saw the Seattle Mayor is now actively campaigning for more police and moaning about violence lol. Hard to teach that kind of stupid
Why? Was she campaigning for fewer police or something?

Two things can be correct at the same time, right? (1) The police serve a vital role in the protection of our communities and (2) police are often not held accountable, are too brutal with the public (especially with POC), are asked to do too much, and need to be reformed to meet the needs of the 21st century.

Why? Was she campaigning for fewer police or something?
Yes. She wanted fewer police. Mayor Jenny Durkan did veto two bills that would have cut police funding, but when she did so she issued a statement saying that it wasn't defunding the police that she had an issue with because she too wanted to cut police funding. That was September 2020, less than a year ago.

The office of Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan issued the following statement following Tuesday's council vote:

"At the end of the day, after previous promises of a 50 percent cut to SPD, the reductions to the SPD budget are almost exactly those proposed by the Mayor and former Chief Best, but none of the other issues Council admitted are problems have been addressed...."

Utah legislators are going hard at Donovan Mitchell. I’m sure this white Mormon repub “educating” Mitchell is going to go over real well

Last edited:
Utah legislators are going hard at Donovan Mitchell. I’m sure this white Mormon repub “educating” Mitchell is going to go over real well

Or you could listen to him and even though you may not agree, you could at least understand his position.

Or you could listen to him and even though you may not agree, you could at least understand his position.
“Nah. That’s not what white conservatives are supposed to do. That basketball “boy” needs an education from us. These boys are supposed to listen and not be heard. shut up and dribble. Or we are gonna give him an education he ain’t never gonna forget.”

I can’t imagine this is going to go over well with Mitchell. Or most nba players. And we wonder why there’s such a stigma about playing in Utah? This is the president of Utah’s senate going hard at our best player.

@JazzGal i remember once you mentioned how racism in utah is subtle. This is a good example. While not explicitly calling him an N word he clearly doesn’t value Mitchell’s opinion and expresses a pretty white supremacist “I know it all” point of view. An indifference to the plight that black Americans are trying to point out.

if Utah’s legislature won’t listen to Spida Mitchell in his prime, what black person on earth will they listen to?

Last edited:
Ryan gets it

Damage control. He knows pissing off his crew dampens his product.

If you favor less government, you should also favor government staying out of educational decisions for our youth as most politicians know squat about it.

Quick funny story - a candidate a few years ago for city council started talking about how they don’t favor STEM as it goes against God’s gifts and creation and all that. Moderator interrupted and said that they’re taking about education and this nitwit kept saying we can’t teach about stem cells while the rest of the candidates just laughed while this guy sunk his candidacy.

Last edited:
Damage control. He knows pissing off his crew dampens his product.

If you favor less government, you should also favor government staying out of educational decisions for our youth as most politicians know squat about it.

Quick funny story - a candidate a few years ago for city council started talking about how they don’t favor STEM as it goes against God’s gifts and creation and all that. Moderator interrupted and said that they’re taking about education and this nitwit kept saying we can’t teach about stem cells while the rest of the candidates just laughed while this guy sunk his candidacy.
Good post.

I wonder what Flash thinks about this? Again, if Utah’s Senate president won’t listen to Spida Mitchell, the state’s most recognizable and popular African American, what other African American will he listen to?

The Utah Legislature continues to find new ways to be an embarrassment. But they will continue to be elected as too many in this state agree with them. So frustrating!

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app