What's new

Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

JazzGal

Contributor
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Last edited:
I feel bad for the cop that lost his life. Hate to hear it.

Then you have the murdering scumbag Minnesota police officer. That video makes me sick and angry. Minnesota is going ******* crazy. Look at this police state ****. Unbelievable.

I feel bad for the cop that lost his life. Hate to hear it.

Then you have the murdering scumbag Minnesota police officer. That video makes me sick and angry. Minnesota is going ******* crazy. Look at this police state ****. Unbelievable.

That looks so ridiculous my first instinct was that it was staged. Do they seriously not know how bad this makes them look?

The initial incident in Minnesota was sick.

Wishing for the best for everyone involved in Ogden, any kids involved especially.

1 officer killed, another injured in Ogden shooting that left gunman dead
https://www.ksl.com/article/4675825...jured-in-ogden-shooting-that-left-gunman-dead

The injured agent mentioned works just down the hall from me. Another agent was injured as well. A very somber day at work today.

Wishing comfort and peace to the fallen officer's loved ones and the entire law enforcement community.

It's sad. Domestic violence is such a powder keg to deal with. My condolences.

What part looks ridiculous?

To me it was the lack of communication coming from the officers. The news crew seemed willing to work with them.

Maybe staged wasn't the right word though, stunt is probably more accurate (leaving the camera guy 'til last is part of that feeling). Like it felt like the news crew had to have set that up a little bit to get that treatment (coming from my perspective/experiences), if they didn't, yeah, simply put that was out of line from the police.

We shouldn't be arresting news crews because they're reporting from the wrong side of the street (and even seem willing to move).

To me it was the lack of communication coming from the officers. The news crew seemed willing to work with them.

Maybe staged wasn't the right word though, stunt is probably more accurate (leaving the camera guy 'til last is part of that feeling). Like it felt like the news crew had to have set that up a little bit to get that treatment (coming from my perspective/experiences), if they didn't, yeah, simply put that was out of line from the police.

We shouldn't be arresting news crews because they're reporting from the wrong side of the street (and even seem willing to move).

I was just curious because there were so many ways I could take it.

It’s impossible to not compare the protests of the past 72 hours with the protests three weeks ago and not see the inequality and injustice on full display.

Three weeks ago you had armed white protesters storm state legislatures and scream in the faces of law enforcement without so much as a whimper from them. The restraint shown by law enforcement to those clearly posing a threat was incredible. the president cheer led these protests.

look at the restraint! Think they would’ve been this tolerant of African American protesters?

We don’t need to think we know.

Compare that with the lack of restraint towards mostly african American protesters protesting police brutality. The exclamation point came early today when that african american CNN reporter was arrested for covering the death of a George Floyd while his white murderers remain free. Oh, and the president sees these protests as “thugs” who deserve to be shot.

3A24024F-F72E-4C20-B0DA-DF8EC80A5934.png

We need to make law enforcement more attractive. We need greater investment through much higher taxation at the top of society. By increasing training and making law enforcement more attractive (higher salaries and lower hrs), we can higher better people and train them more. Right now we’re getting what we pay for... and it isn’t working out. Sure there are some good cops. But there are a lot of bad ones too because anyone talented or decently educated will be seeking a better career.

Make the job attractive, require college degrees, and raise the bar. Establishing better law enforcement to community partnerships starts with hiring police officers who respect diversity and aren’t racist.

Last edited:
I mean, tmk, the whites three weeks ago weren’t burning down blocks of businesses and a police station.

Law enforcement escalated this by not arresting the murderers. I mean, we have live video of the Murder. What else is needed? Arrest these guys and continue the investigation. By refusing to arrest them they’re only pouring more gas on the fire.

Then they’ve escalated things by shooting tear gas at protesters. What’s the point of this?

These protesters have every right to be upset. They’re dealing with law enforcement that seems completely deaf to the community’s concerns. I think arresting that black CNN reporter this morning shows how utterly clueless they are.

If they’re doing these sort of things on live camera, imagine what they’re doing off. Methinks we should probably judge these protesters less, understand their anger, and listen to their stories of injustice that clearly is systemic.

Here's my take:

The people starting these fires probably aren't even black people and perhaps maybe not even from that community. But they're opportunistic. And in a rush to say we need to listen to what certain communities are saying and "judge them less," we're likely inadvertently misattributing a lot of these acts to people in this community because "well, yeah, it kinda makes sense." I think there's a subtle level of underlying racism in that.

It’s a peaceful protest.

MLK has a good quote about this.

…I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation’s summers of riots are caused by our nation’s winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention.

Here's my take:

The people starting these fires probably aren't even black people and perhaps maybe not even from that community. But they're opportunistic. And in a rush to say we need to listen to what certain communities are saying and "judge them less," we're likely inadvertently misattributing a lot of these acts to people in this community because "well, yeah, it kinda makes sense." I think there's a subtle level of underlying racism in that.

Probably aren’t black? Lmfao. Just stop.

It’s impossible to not compare the protests of the past 72 hours with the protests three weeks ago and not see the inequality and injustice on full display.

Three weeks ago you had armed white protesters storm state legislatures and scream in the faces of law enforcement without so much as a whimper from them. The restraint shown by law enforcement to those clearly posing a threat was incredible. the president cheer led these protests.

look at the restraint! Think they would’ve been this tolerant of African American protesters?

We don’t need to think we know.

Compare that with the lack of restraint towards mostly african American protesters protesting police brutality. The exclamation point came early today when that african american CNN reporter was arrested for covering the death of a George Floyd while his white murderers remain free. Oh, and the president sees these protests as “thugs” who deserve to be shot.

View attachment 9399

We need to make law enforcement more attractive. We need greater investment through much higher taxation at the top of society. By increasing training and making law enforcement more attractive (higher salaries and lower hrs), we can higher better people and train them more. Right now we’re getting what we pay for... and it isn’t working out. Sure there are some good cops. But there are a lot of bad ones too because anyone talented or decently educated will be seeking a better career.

Make the job attractive, require college degrees, and raise the bar. Establishing better law enforcement to community partnerships starts with hiring police officers who respect diversity and aren’t racist.
I agree with the tone and general premise of your post. If black people were storming places with guns and screaming at officials then I'm certain the cops wouldn't show that much restraint. And they shouldn't have shown so much restraint when those idiots were storming those buildings with guns and acting unruly.

However the rioting, looting, and arson is no bueno.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app