What's new

Trade Confirmed: Jazz get jack for Bogey

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I guess the Jazz really didnt want Landry Shamet's ****** deal like I said.
I'm guessing business in Phoenix is hard right now... I know they said they are active and all that but signing on for more tax would be hard given their ownership disruption.

Also, Shamet's deal >>> THT's deal.

Saint Cy of JFC

I'm guessing business in Phoenix is hard right now... I know they said they are active and all that but signing on for more tax would be hard given their ownership disruption.

Also, Shamet's deal >>> THT's deal.
For a tanking team THT >>>> Shamet.

If we were a playoff team Id agree, take the player who has a more proven skill and could contribute in small amounts.

Andy Larsen said the Jazz had offers for (presumed) late first but it included long-term salary. Connect teh dots and he is likely talking about Shamet.

AlaskanAssassin

Supply and demand. The Jazz and Thunder have gobbled up so many of the available 1st round picks that the price to obtain one that is actually available has gone sky-high. We're lucky we got a 1st for Royce when we did. The only plausible explanation is that there legitimately were not any quality offers at this point for Bogey. Either the picks were garbage (2nd), or required the Jazz to take back more salary.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
yeah, i was confused by that part of your post. you're saying it's both. gotcha.
Yeah... like we had multiple options and one option is a guy Danny really likes that shouldn't really be an option... but also it saves money so Ryan saw it and was like "yeah lets do the one for Cash Cons.... I mean Kelly"

seattlejazzfan

Our young centers are *** lmao. If they are good enough they will find a way. KO isnt blocking anything if they have actual talent.
KO is a year removed from averaging 19 ppg and 8 rebs on 67%! TS. then last year he was horrible. call each of those years outliers (both fairly small samples), but for his career he's a double figure scorer on excellent efficiency. he's absolutely good enough to keep young guys on the bench.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
For a tanking team THT >>>> Shamet.

If we were a playoff team Id agree, take the player who has a more proven skill and could contribute in small amounts.

Andy Larsen said the Jazz had offers for (presumed) late first but it included long-term salary. Connect teh dots and he is likely talking about Shamet.

Those are the exact ****ing deals we should be taking. We took THT without a pick lmao. Just dumb as ****.

Eminence

Yeah, I've tried to look it from as many angles a possible, and none really make any sense. Even if it was about saving money surely there was someone who could offer expirings + 2nds? Phoenix wanting to move Crowder for example?