What's new

Trade Confirmed: Jazz get jack for Bogey

This feels like a trade to round out the roster and make us more competitive. I dont like the trade for multiple reasons. At least get a younger guy with some upside if you are going that route. Why get an old vet that isnt that good and nothing else. How can DA be so aggressive for the other trades and so lazy on this one. We should have just held on to Bogey until a team has an injury or a real need for a team trying to compete. We can get something for him then. I also doubt this is a favor to Bogey, he would rather go to a decent team that is trying to compete.

This feels like a trade to round out the roster and make us more competitive. I dont like the trade for multiple reasons. At least get a younger guy with some upside if you are going that route. Why get an old vet that isnt that good and nothing else. How can DA be so aggressive for the other trades and so lazy on this one. We should have just held on to Bogey until a team has an injury or a real need for a team trying to compete. We can get something for him then. I also doubt this is a favor to Bogey, he would rather go to a decent team that is trying to compete.
Your first sentence says it all. "To round out the roster and make us more competitive" NOW! That was the shocker as far as I was concerned. Not only does it not reduce our roster (adds to it), no draft capital, and it's another 30+ year old player. Hard to fathom on so many levels.

But as you said, it does improve our team, both from a financial perspective and on the court as well I believe. Olynyk has an incredible Basketball IQ and between his time in Boston and Miami played some really big and important minutes in Big games. Is he better than Bogey? I think not. It's kind of apples and oranges with a little overlap. Careerwise, Bogey is the better shooter, Olynyk the better rebounder and assists, not sure about D, though Olynyk gets more blocks. But Olynyk is not the only one we traded for.

This kid Saben Lee is a player and has been tearing it up in G League particularly. People have been wondering about a Backup PG for the day that Conley is gone which is inevitable and this is our guy. Lee has been stuck behind two lottery picks in Cade Cunningham and Killian Hayes. This guy is only 23 years old and much more than a throw in IMO. With the dubious win/loss metrics from Sexton and questions concerning his ability to play team ball, Saben Lee is the insurance policy we've been looking for IMO.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxbPiqkMjYM

Your first sentence says it all. "To round out the roster and make us more competitive" NOW! That was the shocker as far as I was concerned. Not only does it not reduce our roster (adds to it), no draft capital, and it's another 30+ year old player. Hard to fathom on so many levels.

But as you said, it does improve our team, both from a financial perspective and on the court as well I believe. Olynyk has an incredible Basketball IQ and between his time in Boston and Miami played some really big and important minutes in Big games. Is he better than Bogey? I think not. It's kind of apples and oranges with a little overlap. Careerwise, Bogey is the better shooter, Olynyk the better rebounder and assists, not sure about D, though Olynyk gets more blocks. But Olynyk is not the only one we traded for.

This kid Saben Lee is a player and has been tearing it up in G League particularly. People have been wondering about a Backup PG for the day that Conley is gone which is inevitable and this is our guy. Lee has been stuck behind two lottery picks in Cade Cunningham and Killian Hayes. This guy is only 23 years old and much more than a throw in IMO. With the dubious win/loss metrics from Sexton and questions concerning his ability to play team ball, Saben Lee is the insurance policy we've been looking for IMO.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxbPiqkMjYM

I'm curious why his shooting got so much worse in his second season compared to his rookie season, despite playing the exact same minutes per game in both seasons. He went from shooting 47% from the field to 39% and from 35% from 3 to an abysmal 23%.

Last edited:
Maybe someone said it already but I just noticed that Saben Lee is Trent Forrest's cousin. I dont know anything about him, but he seems like filler, but I guess this trade is not complete **** if they really think he has upside and could fill a role for us or be worth something later.

We've gotten trash in all the other trades, not sure why anyone felt this one would be different. As long as DA is calling the shots, don't expect much from this team.

Which guards do folks think wind up getting cut?

Multiyear guys so I can’t see it:
Conley
Clarkson
Sexton
THT

Single year guy I can’t see:
Beasley

Possibilities:
Butler
Lee
NAW

I'm curious why his shooting got so much worse in his second season compared to his rookie season, despite playing the exact same minutes per game in both seasons. He went from shooting 47% from the field to 39% and from 35% from 3 to an abysmal 23%.
Yeah, probably just a function of feeling a bit threatened once Cunningham came on the scene and then trying too hard. I mean he played in 11 fewer games and had zero starts compared to seven starts the year prior. Steals and rebounds were up though. Can’t be easy for a second year guy playing third fiddle to a couple of lottery picks.

Conley
Clarkson
Sexton
THT

Beasley

Possibilities:
Butler
Lee
NAW
I'm pretty sure that obtaining Lee puts Butler on thin ice. I'm not sure why we would have confidence in Butler turning out to be a rotation player.

Conley
Clarkson
Sexton
THT

Beasley

Possibilities:
Butler
Lee
NAW
I’m thinking that short of a three or four for one trade, that Butler, NAW and Johnson are the odd guys out. I wish however that they showed some brass and waived Rudy Gay and kept either Johnson or NAW.