What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

I mean he is playing opposite the Brow, and is really mediocre. He can shoot, sometimes, and offers almost nothing when his shot isn't hitting. If we are going with the streaky shooter, get the streaky shooter that plays defense.

To be honest, Julius Randle is who we all know him to be and he has looked FANTASTIC next to Davis. Mortgaging anything for Mitotic would be a mistake.

I wouldn’t want to mortgage much... maybe flip Favs or Ricky for him. He doesn’t need to play off anyone really and he gets respect as a shooter whether he’s hitting or not.

I’d rather have Randle too... they ain’t giving him up doe.

Doesn’t have to be Niko but I think stretch big is a need.

I wouldn’t want to mortgage much... maybe flip Favs or Ricky for him. He doesn’t need to play off anyone really and he gets respect as a shooter whether he’s hitting or not.

I’d rather have Randle too... they ain’t giving him up doe.

Doesn’t have to be Niko but I think stretch big is a need.

Ibaka may be gettable this offseason depending on Leonard and Toronto's cap. Could still keep the defensive identity that is usually sacrificed with a stretch 4 and also retain 2020 cap space (last year offseason of Don's rookie deal). This, of course, if Jazz strike out in FA this summer.

So everybody is perfectly fine paying Blake Griffin type money to Tobias Harris? Year one of a max deal for him would be $33 million and I'm sure we would have to guarantee at least 4 years or give him player options.

Just making sure...

I'm fine with the Porter experiment because he makes $7+ less than Tobias the next two years. And two years of Porter is a good enough time to give it a go but not mortgage everything past Donovan's rookie deal and Gobert's current deal. After all, Porter makes about what Favors and Thabo make combined but he could emerge as our missing piece.

So everybody is perfectly fine paying Blake Griffin type money to Tobias Harris? Year one of a max deal for him would be $33 million and I'm sure we would have to guarantee at least 4 years or give him player options.

Just making sure...

I'm fine with the Porter experiment because he makes $7+ less than Tobias the next two years. And two years of Porter is a good enough time to give it a go but not mortgage everything past Donovan's rookie deal and Gobert's current deal. After all, Porter makes about what Favors and Thabo make combined but he could emerge as our missing piece.

Tobias is much better than Porter.

(Also to the Griffin comparison, would be cheaper, younger so end of contract doesn't destroy you, and not nearly the injury concern of BG)

Just making sure...

Now THIS is a good, thought out post that makes a valid point. Still think Washington can get a better deal for Porter though. . .

Just making sure...

yep numerically, age, everything he fits.. name something better we have a realistic chance of getting ?? And it's going to be in free agency. OP we'd have to trade some stuff for

You have to make the leap of faith that the Clippers wouldn't max him while we would be happy to. I just don't see that as logical.

I wouldn't max Tobias either. I'm saying the comparison doesn't make sense and doesn't mean Jazz should get Porter and especially give up assets to get Porter.

Just making sure...

Yes, 1000 times you pay Harris max money.

I like Tobias, but there would be so much pressure on him if he got $33+ per year. He is in his 7th season and has never sniffed an All Star appearance. I know Porter isn't much different, but man that is crazy money.

I would rather have Tobias, but I guess I like Porter because he is borderline realistic. Why would Tobias leave LA for us again?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

would tobias be happy to take slightly less money from utah knowing that cali has a much higher state income tax?

I thought that the Clippers were gonna go hard after Durrant and Kawhi? If that's the case, wouldn't there be a window where another team could call on midnight when FA opens and give Harris a max offer? I think if LA prioritizes elsewhere he'd be stupid not to sign a max deal somewhere else.

I thought that the Clippers were gonna go hard after Durrant and Kawhi? If that's the case, wouldn't there be a window where another team could call on midnight when FA opens and give Harris a max offer? I think if LA prioritizes elsewhere he'd be stupid not to sign a max deal somewhere else.

This. And if they slide out the playoffs (I think they will fade) he may see the basketball fit as much better.

It’s LA and I get it but they still little brother, and if winning is his biggest priority I think we are as good a fit as any. Watching him tonight I just kept thinking Quin would scheme better for him than Doc does.

Clips may not pony up the full max too.

I like Tobias, but there would be so much pressure on him if he got $33+ per year. He is in his 7th season and has never sniffed an All Star appearance. I know Porter isn't much different, but man that is crazy money.

I would rather have Tobias, but I guess I like Porter because he is borderline realistic. Why would Tobias leave LA for us again?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

The difference in salary is not a big deal when you figure you would get Harris without giving up assets.

I don’t think wiz trade op for just expirings at this point.