What's new

Trade deadline discussion

The apparent deal with the Kings and Ingles was something around Harrison Barnes... Kings were actually interested in having the player as well as the expiring money (plus the other stuff we'd have to give).

If Richardson is the target I think we could do Clarkson and Hughes for Richardson and Schroeder. Gets some pg depth with the perimeter defense. Gets them out of the tax this year... costs Ryan some money... eff your money Ryan.

I think JC fits better with Payton, Smart, than Schroeder does. I don't see Richardson as having a ton of value... he's fine... maybe we send a second. Cleveland may just take Denis into their cap space but there aren't a lot of spots for him if they don't want him.

So Duncan did his annual mock trade deadline. We ended up trading JC/Ingles and two unprotected picks in 2016 and 2018 for Jerami Grant and Frank Jackson. We also had to lower protections on the pick we owe OKC. That is a lot... I would not do that.

If it doesn't work... and odds are that it very likely does not work... then you are looking at mediocrity after 2024-25-ish for like 10+ years.
Sorry; why would the Jazz be lifting protections on the OKC pick? Would the Jazz be getting anything back, or they doing that just to make the 2026 and 2028 picks clean?

The apparent deal with the Kings and Ingles was something around Harrison Barnes... Kings were actually interested in having the player as well as the expiring money (plus the other stuff we'd have to give).
I saw the mention that the Jazz were talking to the King’s about Ingles, and the only thing that made sense was Harrison Barnes.

If they could’ve done Ingles and Clarkson or Royce for Barnes then it might be pretty hard to walk away from that, depending on what sweeteners we were sending.

Sorry; why would the Jazz be lifting protections on the OKC pick? Would the Jazz be getting anything back, or they doing that just to make the 2026 and 2028 picks clean?
It was because Detroit wanted two firsts and if that OKC pick doesn't convey then they can only get one. It was a weird conversation because OKC actually wanted something to do it... the idea being the further you get from the Rudy Donovan years the better it could be. Went from top 10 to top 3 protected and turns into seconds if not conveyed.

I'm still not doing it.

It was because Detroit wanted two firsts and if that OKC pick doesn't convey then they can only get one. It was a weird conversation because OKC actually wanted something to do it... the idea being the further you get from the Rudy Donovan years the better it could be. Went from top 10 to top 3 protected and turns into seconds if not conveyed.

I'm still not doing it.
Yeah that’s stupid.

I'm surprised we haven't made a trade yet. I read on Hoops Hype that we're interested in Josh Okogie. He's a good defender (especially on the perimeter) but is pretty bad on offense and is a RFA after this season. I doubt the Wolves expect a whole lot for him as he's not playing much. I bet a 2nd round pick would get him.

So here is my trade of the day... if we aren't effing going to play Jared Butler then use him in a trade if it moves the needle. I love him but there is a weird *** narrative/vibe and I think the coaching staff aren't in love with him and his game. So there are a couple iterations of this deal I could see happening... one with Butler one without.

So Ingles/JB for Lamb and Holiday. We also send a second round pick.

Second iteration is Ingles/Udoka and a top 20 protected first in 2026 that turns into two seconds if not conveyed for Lamb and Holiday. Both deals save Pacers some money which is good because they are close to the tax. We get the wing help and I've like Lamb for a while for us. His issue is always health. He's healthy now. Both guys are plus defenders and can shoot. Its a budget move but I think it could end up being a pretty big win.

I'm surprised we haven't made a trade yet. I read on Hoops Hype that we're interested in Josh Okogie. He's a good defender (especially on the perimeter) but is pretty bad on offense and is a RFA after this season. I doubt the Wolves expect a whole lot for him as he's not playing much. I bet a 2nd round pick would get him.
At this point no deals will happen until the day before the deadline. It makes no sense to do the deals now.

So here is my trade of the day... if we aren't effing going to play Jared Butler then use him in a trade if it moves the needle. I love him but there is a weird *** narrative/vibe and I think the coaching staff aren't in love with him and his game. So there are a couple iterations of this deal I could see happening... one with Butler one without.

So Ingles/JB for Lamb and Holiday. We also send a second round pick.

Second iteration is Ingles/Udoka and a top 20 protected first in 2026 that turns into two seconds if not conveyed for Lamb and Holiday. Both deals save Pacers some money which is good because they are close to the tax. We get the wing help and I've like Lamb for a while for us. His issue is always health. He's healthy now. Both guys are plus defenders and can shoot. Its a budget move but I think it could end up being a pretty big win.
I think to the coaches right now Butler is as much of a prospect as Oni. The play by play guy on the Stars game taking a swipe at JB was interesting. The intel for that had to have come from the FO or coaching staff. That being said him, Hughes and Dok might be filler in a trade to make salaries match and then end up on the waiver wire.

Barnes does not solve our issue.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Barnes is exactly what we need. Good defender, 40% from 3. Move Royce to the bench and get rid of Clarkson which would be addition by subtraction.

It’s about as good as we could realistically hope for. Josh Richardson is not going to do **** for us as far as moving the needle.

Conley
Mitchell
Barnes
Bogdanovic
Gobert

Royce as 6th man

LFG let the chips fall where they may and give it our best shot for the next two years.

Barnes is exactly what we need. Good defender, 40% from 3. Move Royce to the bench and get rid of Clarkson which would be addition by subtraction.

It’s about as good as we could realistically hope for. Josh Richardson is not going to do **** for us as far as moving the needle.
I think we improve with Barnes, but I think the cost will be high

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app