What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
I knew we should've traded JC in the offseason when his value was at an all time high.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I knew we should've traded JC in the offseason when his value was at an all time high.
I do think JC provides some helpful regular season injury insurance for Mike, Joe, and Don... in addition to his streaky scoring. I'm not sure his value is way down. It would have been easier to move him in the summer but I think he'd still be considered as a positive trade chip to many teams. Its tricky finding teams trying to win that are willing to trade veterans to you.

NUMBERICA

Ingles or Royce for Christian Wood
Maybe they don’t block our number if the offer is more like Butler, Paschall, two 2nds, and their choice of JC, Ingles, or Bogey (have to match salary).

I’d rather offer that for Harrison Barnes, though.

This is basically the kitchen-sink offer, right?

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I’m other words, we have the absolutest crumbs when it comes to darft assets.
Correct. We need a PJ Tucker style deal from last year. He was traded for a first round pick... but not really because it was a swap of a first for a second and equated to dropping down the draft like 7 spots.

NUMBERICA

Can we get a 2nd for Whiteside?

I’m not itching to ditch, but I am itching to cobble together assets to round out the team better.

slc

Maybe they don’t block our number if the offer is more like Butler, Paschall, two 2nds, and their choice of JC, Ingles, or Bogey (have to match salary).
One of Jazz problems last year was not enough legit NBA players on the depth chart
Trading two or three legit players for one creates this problem again
Not sure this would work

kabenac

The stupid Celtics have a bunch of good perimeter defenders. Hopefully Smart keeps talking s-- on Tatum and company so they try and shop him around. I also like Richardson - wondering what they'd need to send us those two guys. Our perimeter defense would be so much better and we wouldn't get exposed like we did against the Clippers last season.