What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Calling my shot now… the Utah Jazz will trade Joe Ingles, a second round pick, and cash considerations to Portland for Satoransky. They will sell us that they want to see what he has left… but it’s all about the 3M difference in salary that saves us 7-8M and everyone lolz me when I suggest the trade was purely money motivated.

“Sato is better than a broken Joe you moron”

“Money had nothing to do with it”

@infection you will be my witness. TIA

I think this current iteration of the Jazz's front office will do better than bring back Satoransky. At a minimum, they could probably do a deal with OKC, give them a pick for their services, and come away with Kenrich Williams. That seems like it should be the backstop deal for the Jazz.

However, I think Eric Gordon's current contract is a buzzkill in terms of the Jazz being willing to trade for him. Jazz probably like Gordon, but not at $18M. They're not going to go deeper into the tax.

So Cam Reddish basically gone from a backup in Hawks to a third string for the Knicks...

If I'm the kids agent i’ll be understandably upset and request a trade before deadline or next summer at the earliest.

I think this current iteration of the Jazz's front office will do better than bring back Satoransky. At a minimum, they could probably do a deal with OKC, give them a pick for their services, and come away with Kenrich Williams. That seems like it should be the backstop deal for the Jazz.

However, I think Eric Gordon's current contract is a buzzkill in terms of the Jazz being willing to trade for him. Jazz probably like Gordon, but not at $18M. They're not going to go deeper into the tax.
Sure... we will pull out some magical picks from the overflowing pick jar we have and will give enough to get both 1- a very serviceable wing in a very thirst wing market who also has a bargain contract 2- Get them to eat 10 M in salary because what else they gonna do?

It will cost a first to do that... they shouldn't send any more firsts.

We are headed for a meh trade deadline move.

Also swapping Nance for Jingles works. I don't see Pelicans needing Nance given their loaded frontcourt and he's still got two years left on his contract. So give them an expiring in Jingles to help them cut some salaries and Jazz gets a boost in depth and versatility at the four spot.

Also swapping Nance for Jingles works. I don't see Pelicans needing Nance given their loaded frontcourt and he's still got two years left on his contract. So give them an expiring in Jingles to help them cut some salaries and Jazz gets a boost in depth and versatility at the four spot.
I don’t think we’re going to take any non-expiring money in Ingles’ spot.

I don’t think we’re going to take any non-expiring money in Ingles’ spot.
I mean Jingles is already an expiring so what's the point of trading him at all if they don't want to take any non-expiring money. Teams aren't gonna give you an expiring who can still play for an expiring who's done for the season

Why are they just gifting him to us... they clearly did want him. He has trade value.

I mean Jingles is already an expiring so what's the point of trading him at all if they don't want to take any non-expiring money. Teams aren't gonna give you an expiring who can still play for an expiring who's done for the season
Right, which is why we won't be getting someone who's expiring for Joe's contract, unless it's really just a swap of someone they don't need in exchange for whatever asset we give them. It'd be nice to take Nance in that spot, but that ties up another ~$10M next year and I don't think they bite on that. Any move where we're taking back longer salary, we'll be sending out longer salary (i.e. a playable player). Some media guy here was talking about I think maybe Dan Clayton and Ben Dowsett talking about Hayward and asked if people would trade Clarkson and Ingles for him. The Jazz wouldn't do that. We'd have to send out more of the longer-term salaries and if we're taking that big of a deal, it's not Joe's contract that's going out.

We add a second to Jingles for a player that is also expiring that the other team is not going to retain... say the Clips are cool letting RoCo go.

Or we send out Jingles for a smaller expiring deal with a second to save Ryan some money because that is what we will definitely do.

Right, which is why we won't be getting someone who's expiring for Joe's contract, unless it's really just a swap of someone they don't need in exchange for whatever asset we give them. It'd be nice to take Nance in that spot, but that ties up another ~$10M next year and I don't think they bite on that. Any move where we're taking back longer salary, we'll be sending out longer salary (i.e. a playable player). Some media guy here was talking about I think maybe Dan Clayton and Ben Dowsett talking about Hayward and asked if people would trade Clarkson and Ingles for him. The Jazz wouldn't do that. We'd have to send out more of the longer-term salaries and if we're taking that big of a deal, it's not Joe's contract that's going out.
Lolz... Ryan doesn't care about money.... we are all in... we are a contender. Get a clue dummy.

"I mean if we don't give up meaningful draft capital to dump a contract then Ryan will basically have to sell the team and there won't be basketball in Utah... is that what you want"

-insert local media person's name here

"I mean if we don't give up meaningful draft capital to dump a contract then Ryan will basically have to sell the team and there won't be basketball in Utah... is that what you want"

-insert local media person's name here
I grew up hearing the Dominique Wilkins mantra repeated all the time, and hell I probably repeated it myself. Those narratives and buzz phrases get so interwoven within the fabric of Jazz history that it's interesting to see the same things happen in real time and you begin to question the past.

Bleacher Report, as of this morning, still seems to think that Boston is open to moving Josh Richardson. The Jazz have been mentioned as a team targeting Richardson.

BR also reports that the Clippers are open to moving Serge Ibaka. He's someone who might be interesting for the Jazz as a backup to Rudy. He'd be better at the 5 than Rudy Gay at least.

They think that Satoransky and Gary Harris are potential buy-out candidates.

This deadline has devolved into boredom. Not really sure where we go from here with so many targets seemingly off the table (Hart, Barnes, Holiday, NOLA's exception, etc).

Right now, I'm looking pretty hard at Clarkson for THT and their 2027 1st if the Lakers do offer it. Maybe we find a 3rd team who really wants THT or maybe we just groom him.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app