What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Similarly, are other teams gonna wanna trade for him?

I think he’ll be fine by the playoffs. I also don’t think swapping him out for Barnes is good at all because he’s one of the pillars of making the offense works (because he knows it).

I would hope the Jazz have the cajones to not close with Barnes and Bogey for defensive reasons (if they got him without sending Bogey).

We are talking about Sacramento here, so...

I agree though, I think Bogey will be absolutely fine by the playoffs and I definitely wouldn't swap him for Barnes.

-Royce and Clarkson for Harrison Barnes straight up. (Sac does this cuz they’re win-now and these pieces make more sense for them now than Barnes. Barnes subs out early and mostly is the firepower for the bench units).
-Ingles and unprotecting the pick (and another sweetener that isn’t a 1st [JB?]) for Kenrich Williams
-sign House
-actually work the buyout market

Let’s do this. Gets us within spitting distance of ducking the tax. Also sets up nicely for a run at 2023 free agency (Jaylen Brown, Grant, Wood, not to mention Bojan and Barnes).

I could see the Kings try to sell Clarkson as the reigning 6th man of the year and the perfect alternative to replace Buddy Hield. The Kings need fan support and Clarkson is a crowd-pleaser.

Also, if the Jazz were somehow willing to take back Marvin Bagley, that might help get a deal across the line. Word is the Kings really want to move him.

The other thing I'd do is offer the Kings a future pick-swap. Even if the Jazz go through a rebuild, they're unlikely to fall far below the Kings, who haven't made the playoffs in over 15 years.

He makes less than Ingles, who is also dead money this year. Jazz can let Bagley walk in free agency this summer.
The Jazz are also deep in the tax and can’t match the money… unless they send Gay which I just cannot see happening (didn’t he basically try to force himself out of there?).

I’d take on Bagley if it mean we got Barnes. At that point though it would have to be Ingles/Clarkson/Royce all in the package. I’d still do it. Any deal that gets us Barnes without giving up Bogey is a huge win. Barnes replacing Royce in the starting lineup not only makes us better but it makes us bigger too.

I'm wondering if the Jazz would consider Christian Wood. I've mentioned him in the past. Houston is willing to move him, their owner is cheap, and they're tanking this season. He'd play the Rudy Gay role, imo, and do a better job of it. He's averaging 18/10 with a block and 37% 3pt shooting. Plus he's a legit 5-out.

I'm wondering if the Jazz would consider Christian Wood. I've mentioned him in the past. Houston is willing to move him, their owner is cheap, and they're tanking this season. He'd play the Rudy Gay role, imo, and do a better job of it. He's averaging 18/10 with a block and 37% 3pt shooting. Plus he's a legit 5-out.
You’re wondering if he’d play the role of 9th man? What on earth are we sending that they want and that beats every other package?

We are talking about Sacramento here, so...

I agree though, I think Bogey will be absolutely fine by the playoffs and I definitely wouldn't swap him for Barnes.
The finger won’t get better. It will get hit a lot. He can more likely than not play through it but it will make us all nervous.

What I don’t understand is why it’s just braced and not taped to the other finger. I had the same thing and taped it to the other finger and it was fine. Took forever to heal. I bet bogey has an offseason procedure.

It's shocking to me that we set out to build a contender around Don and Rudy, yet the only value we have outside of them is...

A 34 year old good but undersized PG

A 32 year old floor stretcher with finger issues who isn't great at anything but shooting

Royce who is not a great NBA starter and is required to play 40mpg

Clarkson who many feel is more negative than positive

Our FO has really ****ed up what could be an amazing era in our franchise.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Is it shocking that Milwaukee is playing well with Grayson Allen as their starting SG?
I'm not shocked at all. He has the tools to be a decent 5th starter. He can handle the ball, shoot the ball and defend at an average rate.

When he was drafted, I think many of us saw that he might develop into a decent backcourt partner with Don. No real PG but two guys who can share the duties.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah, but we still have Justin Zanik and Dave Morway to be the good cops.

"Justin, this is Bob Myers from the Golden State Warriors."

"Hi. What can I do for you?"

"Please take the phone away from Danny. "

"Why? What did he do?"

"Well, he proposed a trade for Steph... he wanted to send over Trent Forrest and a 2nd rounder for him and when I laughed and said no way Danny farted in the phone and hung up on me. "

"I'm... sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

"I just wanted to let you know so you could take care of it. It was really gross and I swear I could smell the fart through the phone. Anyways, have a nice day."

"Again, I'm sorry. Let me know if it happens again... bye. *hangs up the phone and screams* DANNNNNNYYYYYYY!!!!"

Ingles and some extra salary like Whiteside plus a first for Eric Gordon is what the deal would look like it seems. I would love to trade for Gordon but I’d want to move off Clarkson simultaneously.

Jazz out: Ingles/Clarkson/Whiteside/1st

Jazz in: Eric Gordon and Kenrich Williams

Rockets out: Eric Gordon
Rockets in: Joe Ingles/1st

Thunder out: Kenrich Williams
Thunder in: Jordan Clarkson and no protections on the pick we owe them

We upgrade from Clarkson to Gordon, we save a **** ton in salary and we get Kenrich Williams. This would be a win-win all the way around.

Jazz out: Ingles/Clarkson/Whiteside/1st

Jazz in: Eric Gordon and Kenrich Williams

Rockets out: Eric Gordon
Rockets in: Joe Ingles/1st

Thunder out: Kenrich Williams
Thunder in: Jordan Clarkson and no protections on the pick we owe them

We upgrade from Clarkson to Gordon, we save a **** ton in salary and we get Kenrich Williams. This would be a win-win all the way around.
Gordon could be a decent "last gasp" type move to make a run with this unit. I definitely wouldn't give up a 1st for him, but I'd probably do:

Ingles, Clarkson and a 2nd for Gordon and Augustin
The money is almost exactly identical

We do it to get Gordon who is better all around than Clarkson. Houston does it to save $10 million next year. Houston might could flip Clarkson and a 2nd to the Lakers for THT and a 1st.

If we don't truly believe we are contenders, we have to make a deal. We lack depth and defense while being very old.

If CJ McCollum only got that return, I think Bojan, Conley and Clarkson will get much less if we wait until the summer.

The ball is in your court Ainge.