What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Sacramento needs to waive two players... I'd like to give Woodard a chance if he gets waived. Wonder if he'd take our open two-way.

Why? They just got out of the tax... they can sign one guy and stay under it. I think they are done basically.
You're right. Doesn't mean they do another trade. However, they traded away $4+ when they only needed to trade away $2+. I'm pretty sure they could have done this trade while keeping either Dozier or Bol Bol and avoided the cap.

You're right. Doesn't mean they do another trade. However, they traded away $4+ when they only needed to trade away $2+. I'm pretty sure they could have done this trade while keeping either Dozier or Bol Bol and avoided the cap.
They need to fill in the roster spot and both guys were slightly more than the minimum. They likely add a buyout guy or a guy who gets waived. Both guys they traded are out for the year.

There will be a handful of interesting waived players in all this 3 for 1 ****.

They need to fill in the roster spot and both guys were slightly more than the minimum. They likely add a buyout guy or a guy who gets waived. Both guys they traded are out for the year.

There will be a handful of interesting waived players in all this 3 for 1 ****.
I guess they traded that extra guy just in case Jaylen gets that $1.3 million bonus if he somehow makes the All Star Game.

But I'm not 100% sure Boston is done. They have wiggle room now they didn't have before.

You're probably right though