What's new

Trade deadline discussion

None of the FO assholes have any authority over (or probably even any clue of) what Quin will do with the rotation.
If I am force fed NAW minutes over Forrest and JB that would be just be the icing on the cake.

Tony Jones was on with Checketts this afternoon. Said there were other deals out there the Jazz could've made after the deal for NAW yesterday but it would've required them giving up a first round pick and they were very hesitant to do that. He's been told by the Jazz that NAW will be on the floor and in the rotation right away. As expected, they plan to sign House for the rest of the season. Didn't seem very optimistic about Joe returning to the Jazz next season, said it's possible but not necessarily likely.
Oh good. We're at the bait-and-switch stage. We got all prepped on "only Joe's contract is being traded" and "they sat down and he knew about this" and that "Joe wants to do this to help his team" and now we're moving to "yeah, he's probably not coming back."

Wow, I had another Hernangomez in mind, this kid looks decent, could be the answer we've been looking for in the Small Ball lineup!

We already have 4 small ball 4’s. If he doesn’t get bought out he will simply sit the bench.
Tony Jones was on with Checketts this afternoon. Said there were other deals out there the Jazz could've made after the deal for NAW yesterday but it would've required them giving up a first round pick and they were very hesitant to do that. He's been told by the Jazz that NAW will be on the floor and in the rotation right away. As expected, they plan to sign House for the rest of the season. Didn't seem very optimistic about Joe returning to the Jazz next season, said it's possible but not necessarily likely.
My god!! He’s going to play? Bye bye Butler, we hardly knew ya.
Jazz have nothing to lose to give Juancho some minutes in some games
He's 6' 9" with some athletic skill. Jazz do need someone like that
Maybe he will surprise some
He looks similar to Watanabe who some wanted
Lmao, he’s getting bought out

If I am force fed NAW minutes over Forrest and JB that would be just be the icing on the cake.

He's for sure playing over JB, I don't think there's any question about that. Not sure how Quin will handle the minutes between him and Forrest...maybe he'll go with a three guard rotation off the bench of Forrest, JC and NAW? I'm also not sure how House factors into this, he probably deserves rotation minutes as well.

If you guys thought JC shot us out of some games just wait until you see what a combination of JC and NAW can do.

Oh good. We're at the bait-and-switch stage. We got all prepped on "only Joe's contract is being traded" and "they sat down and he knew about this" and that "Joe wants to do this to help his team" and now we're moving to "yeah, he's probably not coming back."
Oh man oh man we would be screwed if an old washed up coming off an injury player didn't return to the court for the jazz. Man they really got us this time.

He's for sure playing over JB, I don't think there's any question about that. Not sure how Quin will handle the minutes between him and Forrest...maybe he'll go with a three guard rotation off the bench of Forrest, JC and NAW? I'm also not sure how House factors into this, he probably deserves rotation minutes as well.
House can play center.

Even if NAW plays great?
I mean I keep hearing that if NAW gets better at decision making, shooting, finishing and plays better defense than he has then he will be a pretty great player. So if he gets better at basketball things.

He's a fine prospect but I feel his minutes will be larger than is justified because he's the guy Danny traded for. That all.

So this is what my buddy from Philly texted me last night:
Utah made a good move. They traded Ingles and he might never play again. I can't believe anybody would take him! Risky!
And all it cost us was a couple of second rounders and a G League Alum and yet everybody around here is glum.

And yet it's party city in Philly right now cause they finally got something for Ben Simmons. And it only cost them Steph's younger brother, their backup center (Drummond) and two first rounders.

Perspective
Big time party in Philly. Philly hit a grand slam today.

None of the FO assholes have any authority over (or probably even any clue of) what Quin will do with the rotation.
I mean what else do these guys expect by adding NAW to an already loaded backcourt? Should Quin play Butler at center?

Yall really going to fall for the "we almost traded" thing....this soon? lol
I didn't read it that way... but I'm waiting for the Ainge press conference... we will hear it fo sure.

Handful of teams are stunningly quiet... OKC, Atlanta, Lakers, Knicks, Memphis (i get that one), GS

Kinda weird.

So with that being that... Not really thrilled with the direction we went.

Ingles + 2 2nds should've been in range for a real contributor on a meh contract (eg Josh Richardson) and instead we went for saving some money and a prospect who hasn't looked ready to contribute.