What's new

Trade deadline discussion

I actually do like Shroeder in place of JC for the record. He's a better player on both ends and can be an offensive engine if we're saving legs for Ingles and Conley. The problem is that you know he's only a rental, but we might want to be clear of JC's money anyways.
I just don’t think you have enough minutes for all of Donovan/Smart/Conley/Schroeder . He is great injury insurance. When Conley sits he gets good run but in the playoffs he’s out of the rotation most likely. He’s also trying to get a new deal so he may not be a good soldier.

I just don’t think you have enough minutes for all of Donovan/Smart/Conley/Schroeder . He is great injury insurance. When Conley sits he gets good run but in the playoffs he’s out of the rotation most likely. He’s also trying to get a new deal so he may not be a good soldier.

Come playoff time, I don't think we have enough minutes for everyone as it stands. If we were in a must win game right now and everyone was healthy I don't think I'd have any minutes for JC. I get the concern, but it's not one I'm too worried about. I think Shroeder plays in any lineup that JC might play in. If that's zero....so what. It's also insurance if Joe is truly cooked. I don't think he's a must have, but if the deal is truly Bogey for Smart+Shroeder I love it given that we can find JC another home. Thad or Kenrich as you posted would be terrific.

I want nothing to do with Schroeder, I'd rather route him somewhere else., I'm concerned about the lockerroom chemistry as is.

Like some have posted, the Clarkson for Satoransky thing is perfect if NOLA wants it. Now find a team that wants him or his expiring.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah, JC is a good fit for NOP because they both want to win this year and the immediate future. The years on his deal are good for them.

Even if it just gives us assets to facilitate another trade it could be handy. I don’t think Sato is completely dead despite how poorly he’s played. Could honestly become our Batum and revive himself once he gets out of the toxic situation.

Smart can come off the bench and Gay can start. Still limit Gays minutes.
It could work, giving Paschall some more time could too. I really think Smart is too good, too expensive, and solves too big a problem to come off the bench.
Not to mention making it work minutes wise with him, DM, JC, and Conley. I'd wonder if bringing Conley off the bench instead would work.

Bogie for Smart just isn't ideal. I'm not even sure it's worth it. It would depend on a number of variables.

I actually do like Shroeder in place of JC for the record. He's a better player on both ends and can be an offensive engine if we're saving legs for Ingles and Conley. The problem is that you know he's only a rental, but we might want to be clear of JC's money anyways.
I mentioned it elsewhere but want to reemphasize, I have really big concerns about his impact on the locker room. It's tense enough as it is, it won't be any easier shaking things up. Talent wise, sure, it could work.

I mentioned it elsewhere but want to reemphasize, I have really big concerns about his impact on the locker room. It's tense enough as it is, it won't be any easier shaking things up. Talent wise, sure, it could work.
Quin was with him in Atlanta… I think he likes him… so I wouldn’t expect a huge issue there but it is something to note… especially if he isn’t getting enough run. I think he could be routed elsewhere.

Yeah, JC is a good fit for NOP because they both want to win this year and the immediate future. The years on his deal are good for them.

Even if it just gives us assets to facilitate another trade it could be handy. I don’t think Sato is completely dead despite how poorly he’s played. Could honestly become our Batum and revive himself once he gets out of the toxic situation.
Flipping him for an expiring is a win imo... no idea where his value would be... if we got assets though that'd be great.

It could work, giving Paschall some more time could too. I really think Smart is too good, too expensive, and solves too big a problem to come off the bench.
Not to mention making it work minutes wise with him, DM, JC, and Conley. I'd wonder if bringing Conley off the bench instead would work.

Bogie for Smart just isn't ideal. I'm not even sure it's worth it. It would depend on a number of variables.
He comes off the bench this year then the next year you flip him and Conley… I think it’d be too disruptive this year and I’m good with a three guard lineup for a chunk of the game but if it starts and closes it’s hard to mix and match… bring him in early in the first if you need to. In general teams start bigger so it’d make sense to have Gay replace Bogey in the starting lineup. I think if you swap bogey for Smart there would need to be a second move for a wing/forward.

Flipping him for an expiring is a win imo... no idea where his value would be... if we got assets though that'd be great.

I think so too. Honestly I'd rather have Sato + whatever we can scavenge from NOP. It's a sad package to what I thought we could have gotten if we were aggressive in the summer, but not going to cede to sunk costs.

It's just a tough sell for a lot of reasons. JC is a loved player by the fans, his teammates, and even Quin. Everybody loves him. Probably not the first move Ainge wants to make.

How are we getting Barnes here?
Hoping we get a re-route a 1st from Boston, then a 2nd from Hassan going somewhere, other mystery asset(s) from somewhere since the Jazz are sending out some really good players. Maybe the Jazz throw in Butler or a 2nd in 2069.

I know it's sloppy and it's fantasy.

Hoping we get a re-route a 1st from Boston, then a 2nd from Hassan going somewhere, other mystery asset(s) from somewhere since the Jazz are sending out some really good players. Maybe the Jazz throw in Butler or a 2nd in 2069.

I know it's sloppy and it's fantasy.
Call Hearskys mom… she’s great at making sloppy fantasies become reality.

Thad for JC is an easier sell than Sato for JC if we do the Bogey for Smart trade. Thad has barely played this season, but he has continued his stellar play from the year prior. I'm confident that he's still that player.

Thad for JC is an easier sell than Sato for JC if we do the Bogey for Smart trade. Thad has barely played this season, but he has continued his stellar play from the year prior. I'm confident that he's still that player.
I tried that idea but somebody made a good point that SA probably doesn't want JC. Maybe send Sato to SA, JC to NOLA and we get Thad.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app