What's new

Trade deadline discussion

How do you fix it when you don't have that one guy to fix it all? You assign it to multiple guys. Simply put, we need more Royce's. We got him and Jingles off the waiver wire. Don't know why we stop digging for players like that. We shouldn't have kept guys like Oni for that long. He's a waste of precious roster spot where we can offer to actual NBA talent. Doke and Hughes too.

Funny thing is, the jazz went digging for a player like royce when they drafted oni.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't see Oni or Hughes breaking the rotation on any other NBA teams either so it really doesn't make much of a difference.

Ya i dont see dunn or jabari logging lots of minutes anywhwere either.

Royce had 5 pts tonight, including 1-for-5 from 3pt. He had 1 rebound in 30 mins. He played so-so defense against Dlo and had a few heads-up defensive plays. He moved the ball and had 4 assists. However, if the Jazz want to upgrade their starting and closing lineups, he may need to play fewer minutes.

We need more royce oneals!!!

He was awesome again last night. 1-4 from the field for 3 points and a negative 21 for the game. Plus he pretty much shut down the mavs offense as they only scored 116 because they had a star studded team.

We need more royce oneals!!!

He was awesome again last night. 1-4 from the field for 3 points and a negative 21 for the game. Plus he pretty much shut down the mavs offense as they only scored 116 because they had a star studded team.

Royce is so overrated by Jazz fans. Our perimeter defense is so bad that he looks good by default because he puts in effort. Put him on a guard or set a screen on him and he’s toast. It’s not his fault he’s put in these positions but he isn’t that good.

Woke up today laughing at the fact that the Lakers chose Westbrook over Hield. Westbrook with a super solid 4-20 from the field last night. I love Lakers tears.

He might be the worst “superstar” in nba history. In fact i could/should probably remove the words “might be” and replace them with “is”

Royce is so overrated by Jazz fans. Our perimeter defense is so bad that he looks good by default because he puts in effort. Put him on a guard or set a screen on him and he’s toast. It’s not his fault he’s put in these positions but he isn’t that good.
I told this 5 times here but ppl getting upset. He can't guard small and fast players and he can't guard big ones as we saw last night, so... And he can score mostly when no1 is close to him or airball is up. He is like 6 or 7th guy for any good team and thats it

We are pretenders for sure. Ingles, Gay, O'Neale and Clarkson must all be being shopped by Ainge.

Ingles 1-6 fg, Clarkson 4-13 fg, Royce 3 pts, Gay 1-4, 4 pts.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

But what I'm saying is I'm not sure Quin is willing to lessen Royce's minutes at this point or close games with another player over him. We need a perimeter defender to guard starting guards not bench guards and if Quins not willing to do that then what good is it to trade for or sign a perimeter defender?
Also depends on who that perimeter defender is. Like I said before, if Quin is given a carbon copy of Royce, it would've solved a lot of problems. Both Frank Ntilikina and Stanley Johnson had great showing last night as the perimeter defenders, but they were getting paid peanuts and only playing because of the covid outbreaks. And anyone here knows where Shaq Harrison is right now? I mean Coaches aren't idiots and im pretty sure they would prefer to put in someone who could consistently stay in front of their man, but there's other side of the game they would have to consider as well.

Last edited:
My heart has opened up to the idea that maybe we should trade Ingles. I’m not settled or comfortable in this position, but I’ve worked myself into a space where I could accept this.

From the cold-hearted, 10,000-foot view, Ingles’ and Clarkson’s spots have to be considered the most obvious places for upgrades.

My heart has opened up to the idea that maybe we should trade Ingles. I’m not settled or comfortable in this position, but I’ve worked myself into a space where I could accept this.

From the cold-hearted, 10,000-foot view, Ingles’ and Clarkson’s spots have to be considered the most obvious places for upgrades.
1640544441132.gif

I’m telling you, if there’s anyone out there who would tamper and make sure Ingles got traded again to a third team and then bought out (eligible to be re-signed), then it’s the guy we just hired.

It’s like when we traded Korver. He bounced around before being bought out and we could have theoretically signed him.

It’s like when we traded Korver. He bounced around before being bought out and we could have theoretically signed him.
There was some real bad blood between Korver and the front office and coaching staff his last time through here. He was available but he had had it with the Jazz. No way was he coming here.

If Joe gets traded can he just retire right then? I'm not sure how that works. I just don't see him moving his family to another state for just a couple of months.

There was some real bad blood between Korver and the front office and coaching staff his last time through here. He was available but he had had it with the Jazz. No way was he coming here.

Can you elaborate on this a little? What was the cause of the bad blood?

Iirc, in reports and interviews, he referred to having thoughts that his second tour with the jazz would be longer/more commitment from the front office.

2009-10 season he set the record for 3PT% in a season at 53.6%. This record still stands to this day.

Anyways, last game of the season that year we were 53-28 and the Suns were 53-28. Win and we win the division and get the 3 seed. Lose and we lose the division and get the 5 seed. Which for obvious reasons was extremely important and the biggest game of the year.

Korver passed up multiple good looks that game and the game before from 3 to keep his percentage high to secure the record. The final two games that season he played over 41 minutes and took 1 total three.

We end up losing the game to Phoenix and get the 5 seed and end up losing to the Lakers in the second round.