What's new

Trade deadline discussion

Good points.

Do you think this is a fair trade? Do we lose a ton going from Clarkson to Delon?

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
JC is very eye of the beholder... I could see both sides thinking it is unfair... which means its probably fair.

I don't think they'd have a ton of interest as they are trying to shed salary going forward. If they are desperate to make a playoff push maybe... but I think the GM has good standing and can likely punt a year if he needs.

I just put together a four team trade with the Clips... long and short of it is JC and Joe for Batum and Bledsoe... so that is where I am today... sad.

Both DM and Jordan are 31% on catch and shoot threes... that seems wildly low for Donovan... hopefully straightens all the way out... basically EP is shooting the same percentage on catch and shoot threes.

Eric Bledsoe is 38%... yeah... I got there... I talked myself into Eric Bledsoe... again... dark days.

A fan in the RealGM Kings Forum proposed the following trade: Haliburton, Barnes and a 1st for Donavan Mitchell. It’s entertaining to see what fans of other teams propose regarding trades involving the Jazz.

JC is very eye of the beholder... I could see both sides thinking it is unfair... which means its probably fair.

I don't think they'd have a ton of interest as they are trying to shed salary going forward. If they are desperate to make a playoff push maybe... but I think the GM has good standing and can likely punt a year if he needs.
Yeah. I find it difficult to figure out what Atlanta wants to do. Down deep, I bet they hope they can get Simmons on a cheap deal. Maybe they need all those expiring role players (Delon, Dieng, Lou Williams) to help facilitate it if they do have to take Tobias Harris too.

I do think Clarkson is a good fit in Atlanta just like a more effective Lou Williams was last year.

Myles Turner has a stress reaction in his foot and will be shut down until after the deadline. It might affect some team's calculus of his value.

Clarkson for Thad Young?

Thad makes $1.5 more, but he's an expiring

Clarkson and Whiteside (or Dok) for Taurean Prince?

Prince makes more but is an expiring

Myles Turner has a stress reaction in his foot and will be shut down until after the deadline. It might affect some team's calculus of his value.
That is good for us I think... was worried someone picks him up on the cheap... I think they end up waiting until the offseason unless they sell super low.

JC trades are hard... NO is a team I'd look at... Temple and Sato or a three teamer where they send Hayes to OKC and we get Temple is possible...

Multi year deals in his range are either awesome or terrible... I might look to do a 1 for 2 trade to get one useful guy but then at least get some savings.

JC trades are hard... NO is a team I'd look at... Temple and Sato or a three teamer where they send Hayes to OKC and we get Temple is possible...

Multi year deals in his range are either awesome or terrible... I might look to do a 1 for 2 trade to get one useful guy but then at least get some savings.
We could do Clarkson for Satoransky straight up, but I think there would be backlash. I think the players might not be happy with the deal. Fans too. Could upset a fragile locker room.

But financially, it's a brilliant move.

I've pretty much reached the point where I'd make everybody other than Rudy and Don available in trade talks. This team needs to get longer, more athletic and younger.

It's sad but I'd treat JC as garbage contract at this point.
Just trade him for an expiring then sign Malik Monk as his replacement in the summer. Younger, more athletic, a better shooter and honestly a better player at this point in time.

I've pretty much reached the point where I'd make everybody other than Rudy and Don available in trade talks. This team needs to get longer, more athletic and younger.
Bogey and Mike have to stay... imo.

Here is another simple deal... JC and Butler to Detroit for Joseph and Diallo. Joseph is a solid backup pg who would be a huge upgrade defensively. Diallo is an energy guy who can shoot at all... he may not fit but you can waive his final year of his deal.

Saves us like 9-10M between tax and salaries this year. Helps clear the deck if you find a good deal for Joe that includes taking on some salary for future years. Detroit can likely use JC since they need guard scoring (when they aren't playing us) JB is a nice prospect for their trouble.

Silver lining last night was I thought Bogey was pretty solid on Lebron. LBJ always gonna eat but he didn't destroy us. If Bogey had his legs some of those shots fall on the other end. I consider him pretty close to untradeable... in part because I think his actual value as a player is higher than his trade value. Like I think people would value Barnes and Grant much more than Bogey... and I think there is a solid chance he's every bit the player those guys are.

I saw a Mitchell for Herro, Lowry and a bunch of 1sts.
If we traded Donovan, I think it's to NY or at least I hope it is. Would be great to see Donovan revive his hometown team. Would be hard for Jazz fans to hold a grudge I think.

NY has Dallas' 2023 1st and a bunch of extra 2nd rounders the next few years. Adding Fournier makes Rudy happy. Burks can come back too I guess to make the contracts work. We could take Toppin, RJ Barrett or other minor deals too.

So maybe....

Fournier, Burks, Toppin, 2 2023 1sts, 2025 1st, 2027 1st and a bunch of 2nds. All unprotected.

I still think there is almost zero chance we trade Donovan unless he publicly demands a trade.

If we traded Donovan, I think it's to NY or at least I hope it is. Would be great to see Donovan revive his hometown team. Would be hard for Jazz fans to hold a grudge I think.

NY has Dallas' 2023 1st and a bunch of extra 2nd rounders the next few years. Adding Fournier makes Rudy happy. Burks can come back too I guess to make the contracts work. We could take Toppin, RJ Barrett or other minor deals too.

So maybe....

Fournier, Burks, Toppin, 2 2023 1sts, 2025 1st, 2027 1st and a bunch of 2nds. All unprotected.

I still think there is almost zero chance we trade Donovan unless he publicly demands a trade.

I'd guess its the nuclear option if we trade donovan... it wouldn't be until he was extension eligible imo... you try and get him to sign the extension... if he says no you have the hard convo then. Draft capital would be the main thing coming back.

Only way I see a different path is if Boston decided it was time to give up on Brown and Tatum and they offered Brown and other stuff for Donovan. Jaylen's deal is shorter and I feel Don is the better player... so they'd need to give us a pick or something else of value.

Silver lining last night was I thought Bogey was pretty solid on Lebron. LBJ always gonna eat but he didn't destroy us. If Bogey had his legs some of those shots fall on the other end. I consider him pretty close to untradeable... in part because I think his actual value as a player is higher than his trade value. Like I think people would value Barnes and Grant much more than Bogey... and I think there is a solid chance he's every bit the player those guys are.

I agree he's every bit as good as those guys at the moment, at least offensively...he's also about to turn 33 while Grant is just 27 and Barnes is 29.

Right now I'd like to see JC traded for almost anyone. Even that crazy *** announcer in Toronto. JC is Quins in game cocaine. Exciting as hell when he's in, but always regret at the outcome.