What's new

Trade Deadline thread (FEB 23rd 3pm EST)

[MENTION=1315]Mike[/MENTION]AScotto
The Phoenix Suns expressed interest in trading for New York Knicks forward Mindaugas Kuzminskas, league sources told Basketball Insiders.

According to Ian Begley of ESPN New York, team president Phil Jackson has set a high asking price of multiple players or a player and a draft pick for Rose.

In talks with Minnesota on a potential Derrick Rose deal, the Knicks had been seeking multiple players or a player and a draft pick in return, sources said.

Begley is also reporting that the Knicks may package Kyle O’Quinn and Brandon Jennings in a deal for a first-round draft pick.

Another team in contact with NYK said the club is looking for a first-round pick – just like every other team – and had discussed packaging Kyle O’Quinn and Brandon Jennings together in a deal.

Either way, it seems as though Jackson is mindful of how many draft picks the previous regimes have deprived him of.

Frustrating that the Jazz don't get in on getting one of these good players for cheap.

Thats a good trade for Dallas,

Noel isn't gonna be cheap come this summer tho.. thats why Philly had to move him.. Dallas has plenty of room to pay him too, great trade for them. their doing very well filling cap with young talent on multi-year deals

I've been checking Woj's twitter every minute every year of this time....

never got anything interesting tho. hope this year is different

We need none of those players and would be a waste to get them.

Maybe not Noel. He isn't the best fit for us. But depending on what he gets paid. He still is useful. I just mean in general every year we hear how hard it would be to get player X, then player X goes for cheap. Harden, Bledsoe, Isaiah Thomas, etc.. Every year the Jazz sit on their hands and do nothing.

Damn, the Mavs pick to the Sixers is top 18 protected and if it isn't conveyed this year it turns into two 2nd round picks. Basically they got the right to pay Noel his next contract for two 2nd round picks. I guess they had to do it. If they let Noel hit RFA they have to pay him to keep him as an asset and he probably becomes even harder to trade for anything of value. Center is an over-saturated position right now. That's probably why we arent trading Favors. Cant get anything of value and they might be thinking he won't get a huge contract in UFA because of the over saturation.

Maybe not Noel. He isn't the best fit for us. But depending on what he gets paid. He still is useful. I just mean in general every year we hear how hard it would be to get player X, then player X goes for cheap. Harden, Bledsoe, Isaiah Thomas, etc.. Every year the Jazz sit on their hands and do nothing.

Those guys are different, they arent playing the same position as Rudy Gobert. Sure, you can complain about not getting those, but complaining about not getting Noel is stupid. We would have to pay him his next contract, and w/e the price is it is too much for us to pay him and bigs are too hard to trade.

We need none of those players and would be a waste to get them.

I disagree. Cousins could have been a good but risky move. Ilyasova could have been a good cheap stretch 4 stop gap, unless they are working on another trade to get a stretch 4. Noel is a nice player and a good move by Dallas but we dont have salary room for him and he is a bad fit next to Gobert.

I have absolutely no clue what Dallas is trying to achieve long term for a while. I reckon they don't either

I have absolutely no clue what Dallas is trying to achieve long term for a while. I reckon they don't either

I actually think they are set up fairly well. They'll get a high pick this year, and have Barnes and Noel. They are still a decent free agent destination as well.

I actually think they are set up fairly well. They'll get a high pick this year, and have Barnes and Noel. They are still a decent free agent destination as well.

I agree with this. There are some good FAs this off season they could pair with the young Barnes and Noel. They could pick up a good draft pick and couple tier 2 FAs and be back in the playoffs in a couple years.

What's Noel going to go for? 15 mil a year? And we are paying Joe Johnson 10 mil a year? Cmon, give me Noel at the price over Johnson every day of the year.

The Jazz. Lol. I can't wait til we over pay for George Hill and then regret every dollar of it. SMH.

They risk another Jae Crowder situation by sending a young wing away. They have drafted terrible for quite a while. Really detrimental move IMO. Nerlens + Dirk is a lineup that can only work against backups at this point for the next 2 years. Barnes + Matthews + Noel is a pretention core with very little wiggle room to add that one game changer.

It's a good deal for Dallas, but I wouldn't want my two best players going forward being Barnes and Noel while not fully committing to tanking.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz