What's new

Trade Deadline thread (FEB 23rd 3pm EST)

Game6Conley

JFC slacking once again, doesn't this thread get made every year??

Woj is dropping clusters of bombs;

- Clippers and OKC want Wilson Chandler
- Suns shopping Tyson Chandler, Brandon Knight and P.J. Tucker
- Wizards interested in Bogdanovic and Lou Williams
- Melo expected to remain a Knick

Also according to Sam Amico the Timberwolves are interested in Iman Shumpert.

I was under the impression that he was unhappy and likely leaving Atlanta this summer.

If he tells them straight out that he's leaving then maybe we'd have a shot, but then I expect someone else could offer more.

If it weren't so darn risky with Hayward being a free agent I'd be talking to Boston about Favors covering their rim-protection/rebounding needs, they've got a whole pile of assets and need to move somehow. Might still do it even with how risky it is. Would love to get Crowder on that deal.

@WojVerticalNBA
Kings have had recent discussions with New Orleans on Cousins, sources tell @TheVertical. Sac still debating Cousins' future internally.

[MENTION=1315]Mike[/MENTION]AScotto
Sources: Pelicans and Kings have discussed a DeMarcus Cousins trade for Buddy Hield and multiple Pelicans first-round draft picks.

@aaronbruski
I’m told that the Kings have been willing to listen for godfather offers, which is normal. Strong belief is he is staying and re-signing

@aaronbruski
Sources quickly shot down any Hield and pair of first rounders talk.

@WojVerticalNBA
Kings have had recent discussions with New Orleans on Cousins, sources tell @TheVertical. Sac still debating Cousins' future internally.

Sources: Pelicans and Kings have discussed a DeMarcus Cousins trade for Buddy Hield and multiple Pelicans first-round draft picks.

@aaronbruski
I’m told that the Kings have been willing to listen for godfather offers, which is normal. Strong belief is he is staying and re-signing

@aaronbruski

Cousins and Davis combo would be pretty good. That would easily be the best 4/5 combo in the league. That would be easy to build a team around.

Best case scenario for Jazz are the Celtics getting Butler or Cousins. Would take them out of Hayward market.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Not necessarily. Both those guys make less than 20m a year. IT doesn't make ****. They only have 70 on the books for next year and most of those guys they won't be afraid to move. If they get Butler Bradley probably moves so their salary is at worst 80 m. If they mave crowder they could pay Hayward 30. There's a way for them to have their cake and eat it too.

Not necessarily. Both those guys make less than 20m a year. IT doesn't make ****. They only have 70 on the books for next year and most of those guys they won't be afraid to move. If they get Butler Bradley probably moves so their salary is at worst 80 m. If they mave crowder they could pay Hayward 30. There's a way for them to have their cake and eat it too.

Cousins is up for a contract next year bud, he is going to make max money and a lot of it.

I dont think Hayward would join them if they had Butler at his position, but maybe.

@WojVerticalNBA

@aaronbruski

@aaronbruski

It's a pity. I think they could have gotten much more than that last year with the rumoured trade with the Lakers?

@WojVerticalNBA
Sources: Divac delivered to owner Sunday what front office believes are two best Cousins trade proposals. Of course, @Vivek has final say.

@SteveBHoop
According to text from league exec, Celtics have NOT been one of the teams trying to get DeMarcus Cousins today.

[MENTION=1573]Chris[/MENTION]MannixYS
Kings have not been seeking equal value in Cousins deal, source tells @TheVertical. Young talent, draft picks, expiring contracts primarily.

Somehow I bet it's the Lakers. They are desperate to be a playoff team next year. Best way to do that: trade for a super-star and hope having him attracts more free agents. The question is how much are they willing to give up?

Lakers reportedly where in talks with the Kings today, but aren't anymore. So I guess it's NOLA and one other team?