What's new

Trade Deadline thread (FEB 23rd 3pm EST)

OK so the reason Vivek insisted on getting Buddy Hield? He said it a while back "I think our team we like shooting".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEK_d-SFfCQ

I just realized something crazy.

The Nuggets paid a 1st round pick for the right to pay Mason Plumlee in RFA this year. (While giving up Nurkic)

The Mavs paid 2 second round picks for the right to pay Nerlens Noel in RFA this year. (While giving up Justin Anderson).

The Nuggets definitely f'd up. Jokic/Noel could worked, right?

The Nuggets paid a 1st round pick for the right to pay Mason Plumlee in RFA this year. (While giving up Nurkic)

The Mavs paid 2 second round picks for the right to pay Nerlens Noel in RFA this year. (While giving up Justin Anderson).

It could have worked better than giving up a pick for a chance to pay plumlee. They should have been the ones trading for Noel.

I thought from the get go that DEN and POR deal was a terrible one for DEN. Why would they give up a 1st round pick just for the right to pay Plumlee?

Makes absolutely no sense. The only way it makes sense is if Nurkic was extremely unhappy and they just wanted to get rid of him. It's still a steep price to pay just to get rid of a guy though and it's not like Nurkic is garbage.

Also Plumlee plays the same position as Jokic. I mean why would they want to pay for a guy to back up your guy?

Didn't think about this, but I would definitely have taking Noel over Plumlee because he fits way better with Jokic and the price was cheaper. I'm not complaining though because they're in our division. Wonder what the naysayers about our rebuild (who think Denver is doing better) think about this. Good looking out.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I thought from the get go that DEN and POR deal was a terrible one for DEN. Why would they give up a 1st round pick just for the right to pay Plumlee?

Makes absolutely no sense. The only way it makes sense is if Nurkic was extremely unhappy and they just wanted to get rid of him. It's still a steep price to pay just to get rid of a guy though and it's not like Nurkic is garbage.

Also Plumlee plays the same position as Jokic. I mean why would they want to pay for a guy to back up your guy?

Ehh, it made senes. Plumlee is good. He is a 4/5 combo, he can play both spots. He is a great passer and playmaker, he fits what Denver wants to do. I thought it was a good pickup, but the value of 1st rounder was shown from the other 28 teams, might have been able to talk Portland down.

Ehh, it made senes. Plumlee is good. He is a 4/5 combo, he can play both spots. He is a great passer and playmaker, he fits what Denver wants to do. I thought it was a good pickup, but the value of 1st rounder was shown from the other 28 teams, might have been able to talk Portland down.

Is Plumlee THAT much better that Nurkic that you're willing to give up a 1st round pick AND pay him extra in RFA?

No way that's the case. As an example, today's games:

Nurkic: 12 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks.

Plumlee: 10 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 0 block.

Yeah, nah, DEN got robbed.

Bruhs Mason Plumlee is a way better passer than Noel, he fits much better next to Faried.. and he'll probably cost a decent chunk less. Denver appears to be trying to create a lineup with skilled tough bigs and high-octane guards.

Nurkic and Jokic are uncomplimentary in the same way that Lyles and a hobbled Derrick Favors are uncomplimentary (Anchored to the ground)

Doug Haller: Suns plan to waive Jared Sullinger and Mike Scott, both acquired in trades today. They’ll sign G Ronnie Price for rest of the season.