What's new

Trade Deadline

Remember, why would ATL want Burke? Teague is expendable as Schroder is next. Burke will just bench-warm for a couple of years before hitting the open market again so other than shaving a bit of dough from their cap, he doesn't really fill any need.

He'd be a RFA, right? And he's shown some value coming off the bench as a scorer. So the team trading for him could have a reasonably priced, offense-minded PG. That's at least SOME value (along with a future 1st) for a PG (Teague) that is NOT going to re-sign with Atlanta. Hawks are stupid not to take what's been offered. In a year, Teague will have even less value (a 1/2 yr rental).

It looks like Trey Burke will not be made available to Jazz media at practice today. - @andyblarsen

Pleiss sent back to Idaho. Lol

Looks like they called him up for only 1 practice. Isn't there a limit on how many times they can send him to the D League?

Looks like they called him up for only 1 practice. Isn't there a limit on how many times they can send him to the D League?

What? Honestly, sometimes I think Lindsey acts like a teenage girl in love. I don't understand him, I hope the players and agents do.

What? Honestly, sometimes I think Lindsey acts like a teenage girl in love. I don't understand him, I hope the players and agents do.

May be he had a deal lined up and it was 'called off' .. .but when Pleiss came back to practice the deal was 'on' again?

Wow, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO!!!!

Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody 2m2 minutes ago
The Rockets are pitching point guard Ty Lawson to the Jazz, according to @ESPNSteinLine.

Houston is pitching Lawson for Burke.

Hell no!!!

DL are you reading this!?! No no no no no no no NO!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that the limit went away. GVC or somebody a lot more knowledgeable in the CBA would have to confirm, but that is what I remember.

More here:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m3 minutes ago
Utah, meanwhile, has made Trey Burke available, but at least one more player must be added if talks progress because salaries aren't close