What's new

Trade for Jabari Parker

Nothing we do will compete with the current Warriors outside of hiring Tonya Harding to make things happen in their locker room.

You should just rearrange that to say we do nothing to compete with the warriors. Its not impossible to compete with them. But just sitting back on not trying will assure us that we dont.

I think the whole point of a trade like this would be to insure that we move in one direction or the other. Not just continue what we are doing.

If you trade for and sign him to the max and he turns out great, then awesome we are moving in a positive direction and we are better.

If he cant play a single game then awesome, we have tied up our cap and cant waste it on mediocre talent that just keeps us treading water. Essentially guaranteeing a tank approach for the next few years. Which is what this franchise really needs. Thats also a positive direction.

If all it takes is Hood or a first then that is a worthy as hell gamble (I think the price would significantly higher, at which point, I start thinking harder).

Give them anything they want besides Gobert, Mitchell and picks. Who cares about any of the other players. They make no difference one way or the other.

You still have to pay him. As a RFA, he’s likely to command a lot of money that the Jazz would then have to match because of the assets invested. I’m leery about putting big money into a guy with his injury history. Same holds true for Exum as well.

I think the whole point of a trade like this would be to insure that we move in one direction or the other. Not just continue what we are doing.

If you trade for and sign him to the max and he turns out great, then awesome we are moving in a positive direction and we are better.

If he cant play a single game then awesome, we have tied up our cap and cant waste it on mediocre talent that just keeps us treading water. Essentially guaranteeing a tank approach for the next few years. Which is what this franchise really needs. Thats also a positive direction.
I agree 100%

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Lets not forget that Jabari has been awful on defense and caught watching the ball all the time. Plus he is poor defensive rebounder.

You should just rearrange that to say we do nothing to compete with the warriors. Its not impossible to compete with them. But just sitting back on not trying will assure us that we dont.

The difference between their ability and the Jazz's is almost actually in different leagues. They are the best roster ever assembled. The disparity is that of a great NCAA/international team and a bad-mediocre NBA team (like the Jazz).

Thats with him playing next to Giannis who soaked up a lot of the shots and possessions. Had he been the number 1 guy last year he would have easily scored 25+ a game. Hes that talented.

Yep. And paired with gobert hopefully the team would be fine on defense. There would be a ton more spacing on offense.

I would think any contract parker gets will have some injury clause in it tied to his knee issues like the 76ers did with embid. May as well try to get him if you can do it for some expiring contracts and taking back a contract they want to dump. If he comes back in Feb you get to see if it could work before you offer a big deal. A line up of a healthy Exum, Mitchell, Ingles, Parker, Gobert has some crazy potential.

Sent from my LG-H901 using JazzFanz mobile app

Does anybody think that if the Magic come crashing back to Earth (a very realistic possibility), then maybe Aaron Gordon becomes somewhat available?

Does anybody think that if the Magic come crashing back to Earth (a very realistic possibility), then maybe Aaron Gordon becomes somewhat available?

No. Why would he become available if they are bad this year? How would that make any sense from the Magic's standpoint?

No. Why would he become available if they are bad this year? How would that make any sense from the Magic's standpoint?

If there is an untouchable on Orlando's roster, IF, then I think Gordon is it. I don't even think Vucevic is safe there anymore, and a few years go he was getting the Anthony Davis treatment in terms of hype.

I don't but if we really want one of those guys (parker or Gordon) we should work to clear cap space by moving AB and/or Rubio and make a max offer. I think the Bucks would be hard pressed to match the offer. I think Orlando would match buy might think about a sign and trade at that point.

Right now we don't have the space to make an offer like that.

LOL - unless he was dunking, Aaron Gordon couldn't find the basket his first two years in the league. They've invested a ton of time in him. He's not leaving Orlando unless someone gives him a ridiculous RFA offer.

LOL - unless he was dunking, Aaron Gordon couldn't find the basket his first two years in the league. They've invested a ton of time in him. He's not leaving Orlando unless someone gives him a ridiculous RFA offer.

I'm pretty sure he'll get the max.

Yep. And paired with gobert hopefully the team would be fine on defense. There would be a ton more spacing on offense.
Not sure why so many think Gobert can compensate for poor defense by others. If playing a selfish team, sure. But any decent team simply punishes Rudy for helping by passing to the player Rudy just left. Or if Rudy hedges, just pull up and shoot over him. That latter strategy was happening so much this year. Rudy would often have a hand up, but would be so far away from the shooter that it didn't matter. He was denying the inside, but in essence allowing a wide open jump shot.

I don't but if we really want one of those guys (parker or Gordon) we should work to clear cap space by moving AB and/or Rubio and make a max offer. I think the Bucks would be hard pressed to match the offer. I think Orlando would match buy might think about a sign and trade at that point.

Right now we don't have the space to make an offer like that.
Easier said than done. Who wants Burks? His value is nowhere near his salary. Injuries have made him half the player he was. Philly USED to be the dumping ground, but they aren't any more. What team wants Rubio AND could give back $14M in expirings. Maybe Cleveland if IT is irreparably damaged (IT + Frye).

If Milwaukee decides they can't afford Parker, there are ways to get him before the deadline by trading expiring salaries. Or, Utah CAN actually open up enough cap space to get him. It would require the Jazz renouncing the rights to Favs, Hood, Exum, JJ, Thabs, Jerebko and stretching Burks (if they can't trade him). Trading Burks MIGHT give them enough room to offer Parker a max salary and still keep rights to Hood. Stretching Burks wouldn't.

My calculations might be off, so anyone with more cap expertise is free to correct. I used HoopsHype's salary numbers for next season + minimum roster holds for remaining roster spots (~$67M for Gobert, Ingles, Rubio, Mitchell, Bradley, O'Neal (guaranteed?), 1st round pick (estimated), Burks (stretched at 3 yrs) and six minimum roster holds).

Last edited: