What's new

Trade Gobert Discussion

Since we don't have a PF on this team, Rudy is trying to do both C and PF's work on the court at the same time. It's simply too much for one person

Do you think okc would do a Conley for cp3 trade? How long is cp3 contract?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yes they would, but on my depressing drive in the scenarios I thought through I'd flip Conley to a third team. Conley still has trade value. He has missed shots but I don't think he's washed and I doubt others do either. Its not a serious consideration, but I think CP's game would be a better fit and he has played with lob receivers before. I would have a hard time watching him play... all the foul drawing and complaining is acid in my eyeballs.

CP has one additional year on his deal at $44M... he's injury prone and while he's certainly lost a step he's still effective when he can play. I don't know if he's a cancer… but I think DM would certainly respect his opinion and there is a relationship there. I think you could slip Dante in the deal and I think you could get (and should get) additional pieces in the trade. I wouldn't do a straight swap... I think it'd be a multi-team deal.

the last year of CP's deal is a major problem is you consider the other contracts we would need to hand out at that time... we'd have to be absolute convinced that Mike was washed or a terrible fit to do that panic move.

I only bring this trade up because it is a panic move that is ridiculous but also still more plausible than moving on from Rudy right now.

Yes they would, but on my depressing drive in the scenarios I thought through I'd flip Conley to a third team. Conley still has trade value. He has missed shots but I don't think he's washed and I doubt others do either. Its not a serious consideration, but I think CP's game would be a better fit and he has played with lob receivers before. I would have a hard time watching him play... all the foul drawing and complaining is acid in my eyeballs.

CP has one additional year on his deal at $44M... he's injury prone and while he's certainly lost a step he's still effective when he can play. I don't know if he's a cancer… but I think DM would certainly respect his opinion and there is a relationship there. I think you could slip Dante in the deal and I think you could get (and should get) additional pieces in the trade. I wouldn't do a straight swap... I think it'd be a multi-team deal.

the last year of CP's deal is a major problem is you consider the other contracts we would need to hand out at that time... we'd have to be absolute convinced that Mike was washed or a terrible fit to do that panic move.

I only bring this trade up because it is a panic move that is ridiculous but also still more plausible than moving on from Rudy right now.
My takeaway is that we're spending as much on Conley - who has not been good - and Exum as we are on what is widely considered to be the most toxic contract in the NBA for the next two years.

My takeaway is that we're spending as much on Conley - who has not been good - and Exum as we are on what is widely considered to be the most toxic contract in the NBA for the next two years.
That was my logic on my long lonely drive... but that CP the player would be soooooo much better than what we've gotten from Conley and fits better with our personnel. I think the extra stuff that comes with Chris is an issue... I don't know that him and Rudy could be friends either.

That was my logic on my long lonely drive... but that CP the player would be soooooo much better than what we've gotten from Conley and fits better with our personnel. I think the extra stuff that comes with Chris is an issue... I don't know that him and Rudy could be friends either.
Strangely, I think he would get along fabulously with Gobert. For all of the stink that Paul has on him, his desire seems to be pretty focused on winning basketball games at any cost (except taking any kind of discount whatsoever).

Strangely, I think he would get along fabulously with Gobert. For all of the stink that Paul has on him, his desire seems to be pretty focused on winning basketball games at any cost (except taking any kind of discount whatsoever).
He's a micro-manager and a task master... he wears on guys. Him and Harden never made sense from a personality perspective. The Clips stuff also was a clash of guys that are a little laxed like DeAndre and CP... Not sure where Blake fits on that scale. I think CP has said some stuff about Rudy but can't remember specifics... Chris is really salty when it comes to Utah. I think Rudy has some of these traits that come along with desire... so it might work, but it also might be combustible since CP is close with DM and if there is some sort of rift that's not the guy to bring in.

GOBERT IS A GREAT PAINT DEFENDER. PROBLEM IS THERE IS MORE AND MORE CENTERS THAT CAN SHOOT THE 3 AND THAT DRAWS GOBERT AWAY FROM THE BASKET.LIMITING HIS PAINT DEFENSE.

Tough issue. Which means it actually IS an issue to ruminate about.
I don't think there's an "untradeable" player on this roster (only Mitchell and Bogdanovich are super close to IMHO).
He's such an special player (and dude) that's hard to try and enterain the idea of him in another uni.
This team is constructed over and around Rudy's skills and faults, abilities and inabilities. And that means every one of their teammates ave to adapt their game. It's good when you've got an average roster, but it gets tricky when you try to adapt a bunch of talented guys around.

I must be on an island here. Im utterly ashamed of this thread and will stick with Gobert till the end. If that's a supermax fine. Not interested in blowing it up as long as we have him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah lets trade our only legit center and 2x DPOY, that should fix our rebounding and defense. We need to sign another center, enough of this small ball.
We need to move Gobert for what we can get and move into the next decade. We need a center who can space the floor like Dragan Bender.

We need to move Gobert for what we can get and move into the next decade. We need a center who can space the floor like Dragan Bender.
I’m going to reference this as sarcasm now because I’m afraid someone will look at this in 10 years and not understand our current references for stupidity.