What's new

Trade Idea.

Matthew Thomas Castleton

With the addition of Hayward, I think that AK officially becomes expendable. Here's a trade idea that I would be in favor of:

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Utah and Golden State being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Utah and Golden State had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID
Trade ID #5571470

Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.

Utah Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -0.4 ppg, +5.2 rpg, and +0.5 apg.
Incoming Players
Andris Biedrins
6-11 C from Latvia (Foreign)
5.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 1.7 apg in 23.1 minutes
Charlie Bell
6-3 PG from Michigan State
6.5 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 22.7 minutes
Outgoing Players
Andrei Kirilenko
6-9 SF from Russia (Foreign)
11.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.7 apg in 29.0 minutes

Golden State Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +0.4 ppg, -5.2 rpg, and -0.5 apg.
Incoming Players
Andrei Kirilenko
6-9 SF from Russia (Foreign)
11.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.7 apg in 29.0 minutes
Outgoing Players
Andris Biedrins
6-11 C from Latvia (Foreign)
5.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 1.7 apg in 23.1 minutes
Charlie Bell
6-3 PG from Michigan State
6.5 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 22.7 minutes

With the addition that the Warriors made with Ekpe Udoh, you would think that Biedrins becomes expendable. I say do it. It clears up the logjam at SF, gives the Warriors a player that would thrive in their system, and gives us a starting center to replace Memo. The Warriors could then decide whether or not to re-sign AK when his contract expires after this season or trade him at the deadline to a team looking to get under the salary cap. It would also give us a decent backup shooting guard in Charlie Bell (insurance plan for Korver). You could then move Memo to backup PF when he comes back for this depth chart:

PG: Deron Williams, Ronnie Price, Sundiata Gaines
SG: Wesley Matthews, Kyle Korver (if he re-signs), Charlie Bell
SF: C.J. Miles, Gordon Hayward
PF: Paul Millsap, Mehmet Okur
C: Andris Biedrins, Kyrylo Fesenko/Kosta Koufos

Not a bad move if I say so myself.

See I could see the Jazz actively trying to move AK now and resigning Booz.
Call me stupid, but I think this just became a real possibility.

hahaha_didnt_read.gif

I don't know if GSW does that move.

But you're right, AK is huge trade bait now, even more so than he was yesterday.

Are you ****ing high? We need AK more than ever. He's under contract. Korver and Matthews are not.

You want to go into the season with a 2 man rotation of Hayward and Miles? Or a 3 man of Matthews/Miles/Hayward? Holy ****, we're doomed. This pick also signifies that we'll re-sign AK next year (presumably overpay) because we'll need his length and defense, and most of all because we're too blind to recognize talent.