What's new

Trade ideas

Watching OKC and they could definitely use Clarkson. Their off the bench scoring guard is Isaiah Joe and Clarkson would be a significant upgrade there. With Chet and Cason being ready to contribute earlier than what might have been expected, they really should look at cashing in some of those assets to improve their team this year.
Clarkson for our pick back.

It seemed like last year we had a trade ideas thread stickied to top of the board.

With all the talk about when we want our future picked owed to the thunder to convey it got me thinking about how good of a trade partner they are for us. Lets say we got off to a rough start for the first 20 games and decide to focus on a youth movement while at the same time the thunder get off to a great start could be a small tweak away from being a contender in the west.

Clarkson, Olynyk for Bertans, Porter Jr contract, Utah future 1st and Tre Mann.

For the thunder I think this deal makes them the favorite in the west. They have a great a starting lineup but lack an instant offense scorer off the bench and a solid big. For the jazz we clear out minutes for our young guys and gain back our 1st rd pick. We also get a guy in Tre Mann that has some potential. Would you guys do this deal to get back our pick or would you want more? For the thunder I think it would be an easy yes.
We don’t need any quick fixes. We just need to suck and get a little luck in the draft build a team the right way

I agree with your thinking but unfortunately I think Hardy has the Corbin type of mindset where he rides with his vets. You pretty much have to force his hand by taking away his option of using them.
This is such a mindless take.

Sure buddy. That is why we enjoyed 4 months of Rudy last year.
And who was the young deserving player he passed in the rotation?

It was a dumb take based on last games minute distribution alone. I mean if a rookie guard gets more minutes in game 3 than any of the vets...

Plus Keyonte didnt even play garbage time.

Sure buddy. That is why we enjoyed 4 months of Rudy last year.
It pissed me off watching Rudy play. But he had one of the highest +/- on the team, which tells me he was doing stuff I never noticed that Hardy did.

Ochai and Kessler got plenty of time last year in comparison to all rookies in their class, especially after they became acclimatized to the league.

It also pissed me off when people said "Sloan never plays rookies!" Despite the fact it was demonstrably untrue. That is why I said it was a mindless take. Not just from you but from Jazz fans in general.

And who was the young deserving player he passed in the rotation?

It was a dumb take based on last games minute distribution alone. I mean if a rookie guard gets more minutes in game 3 than any of the vets...

Plus Keyonte didnt even play garbage time.
I mean you saw Hardy hard bench THT and put Keyonte in. THT never came back.

Man just took a look at Basketball Reference to see our early season individual stats. HOLY COW... the guards have been atrocious outside of Keyonte. We should have won zero games based on those numbers. We have 4 rotation guards shooting under 38% EFG... that is like last in the league bad... then JC is at 45% to top it off.

Not sure anyone gonna want to trade for one of these "flippable" guys.

Man just took a look at Basketball Reference to see our early season individual stats. HOLY COW... the guards have been atrocious outside of Keyonte. We should have won zero games based on those numbers. We have 4 rotation guards shooting under 38% EFG... that is like last in the league bad... then JC is at 45% to top it off.

Most NBA teams wouldn't consider any part of our guard rotation even acceptable for their bench units. And by far the best and most valuable is the 19 year old rookie who hasn't logged a full hour on an NBA court yet.

The people expecting linear improvement from the team overall from last year are in for a rude awakening.

That's the problem. You can't "showcase" guys when they're playing like this. The more PT they get, the harder it is to find takers. That's what nuked THT's market in the 2nd half of last season. He got a bright green light, and all it did was illuminate his warts.

The performance has been horrid, and I can't even blame it on poor spacing. The real reason the paint is clogged is because these guys have their heads down and can't beat their man off the dribble. They are not driving into a clogged toilet, they are the one's creating the clogged toilet. I actually think this team is really well setup for Sexton, Dunn, and THT to succeed. They're not going to get better teammates while also getting to be ball dominant. They just freaking stink!

Lauri + Offensive rebounding will keep this offense afloat, but the guards have been straight trash and it's horrible to watch. I love Key....the 19 year old rookie coming into the league with "questionable shot selection" should not be the most mature guard on the team that **** is embarrassing.

Average guard play with our frontcourt players is a play-in team with a lot of room to improve and be even better than that quickly.

We are a long ways from average guard play.

If we are interested in making the play in a trade of Sexton and likely one of our worst firsts for Tyus Jones and maybe a second or two is something to strongly consider. Opens up space to pay Jones after this year. Gives us a normal, responsible playmaker. Mothball one of Dunn or THT (whoever can't figure it out on court) and then roll.

Get Rozier. Think we could trade Sensabaugh and a 2nd for him. So not much.

Run out Rozier-Keyonte-Lauri-Collins-Kessler as starters.

Yep they have struggled. Yet at least with sexton we have a pretty good sample size of him having a great EFG.

Average guard play with our frontcourt players is a play-in team with a lot of room to improve and be even better than that quickly.

We are a long ways from average guard play.
Last year sexton and especially Dunn were quite good. This seasons 3 game sample size will likely be the worst they will look.