What's new

Trade ideas

That would be the question. I loved his potential and I was always looking for him to explode and it never came. However, I think the Bulls are a mess and how much is that fact that everyone there just seems to be about getting their own? It would depend on what the price would be.
That was my feeling as well. And the Bulls managed to ruin Lauri too.

You can't ruin the rebuild. Making the roster 10 spots better this season is worthless. I hate to say it but trading Lauri would potentially be the best thing long term. A team like Philly could give like 5 firsts for him.

If you remove all emotion from the equation, that's the only logical path.

None of this makes any sense. We're not straight up tanking but Hardy isn't pulling out all the stops to win either. Many of his choices have been completely absurd in these 6 games. I refuse to believe he's that dumb.

Heading out of service for the weekend. I bless everyone with the incoming trade :) THT+Sexton+Simone for Jokic sounds about right.

A few trade ideas to clear out some of our vets, make room for the kids and tank for real:

With the Bulls: Sexton for Lonzo Ball. Lonzo will not play this season and might never play again. We can take on his salary for next year when we don`t have to worry about either paying or playing Sexton.

With the Heat: Clarkson for Lowry. We will need to add a very small salary filler, but should fetch a pick pack as the Heat both save a lot of tax this year, get a good bench vet and salary to match with Robinson for trades. Lowry can be bought out if he does not want to come to SLC and agrees to let some of his money go.

With the Grizzlies: Olynyk for Adams. They make very close to the same salary and with Adams out for the year, Hardy has to play someone else in Olynyk`s place.

With the Cavs: Fontecchio for Rubio. The Cavs are very near the luxury tax line and clear a few million to be able to make some later adjustments. Nobody knows if or when Rudio will return, but he knows the club, plays the right way and seems to be a very good dude.

A few trade ideas to clear out some of our vets, make room for the kids and tank for real:

With the Bulls: Sexton for Lonzo Ball. Lonzo will not play this season and might never play again. We can take on his salary for next year when we don`t have to worry about either paying or playing Sexton.

With the Heat: Clarkson for Lowry. We will need to add a very small salary filler, but should fetch a pick pack as the Heat both save a lot of tax this year, get a good bench vet and salary to match with Robinson for trades. Lowry can be bought out if he does not want to come to SLC and agrees to let some of his money go.

With the Grizzlies: Olynyk for Adams. They make very close to the same salary and with Adams out for the year, Hardy has to play someone else in Olynyk`s place.

With the Cavs: Fontecchio for Rubio. The Cavs are very near the luxury tax line and clear a few million to be able to make some later adjustments. Nobody knows if or when Rudio will return, but he knows the club, plays the right way and seems to be a very good dude.
Sexton isn't that bad to where you just dump him. Or at least I hope he isn't that bad.

There is no reason to dump guys for nothing. Olynyk definitely has trade value right now. Clarkson has been horrible for the most part but at some point he is going to snap out of it and at that point of time should bring some return trade value. The same goes for Sexton who will get red hot at some point.

Here's one I just pulled out of my ***:

To Miami: Olynyk and Sexton - Heat are desperate for bench playmaking(KO) and scoring(Sexton). Lowry and Love look finished. Love is now racking up DNP-CDs for them.

To Sacramento: Caleb Martin - Kings can really use another big wing to back up Barnes. Expiring contract.

To Jazz: Lowry and Davion Mitchell - Kings have too many guards so Davion barely getting minutes. He was a lottery pick 2 years ago. Defensive minded with 2 years left on rookie deal.

I'd probably do the Sexton for Lonzo one. Not necessarily as a way of dumping Sexton, but trading for the (perhaps very slight) chance to have Lonzo play for us next season. Like trading for a protected pick: maybe you end up with something, maybe with nothing.

I'd probably do the Sexton for Lonzo one. Not necessarily as a way of dumping Sexton, but trading for the (perhaps very slight) chance to have Lonzo play for us next season. Like trading for a protected pick: maybe you end up with something, maybe with nothing.
They are already overloaded with scoring guards. How many other score first guards do they need besides Lavine and White?

You can't make straight tank moves where you are dumping players for nothing. Got to get something back.
Dumping players for nothing now is bad. But it's still way better than playing them now so we treadmill for 35 wins then lose them all for nothing in the summer anyways

They are already overloaded with scoring guards. How many other score first guards do they need besides Lavine and White?
To be fair, I said I'd do it, not that the Bulls would. But you're probably right. Maybe they just want out of the Lonzo business?

Back