What's new

Trade ideas

To be fair, I said I'd do it, not that the Bulls would. But you're probably right. Maybe they just want out of the Lonzo business?
Agreed they manhandled us pretty good last night but that Bulls team isn't going anywhere with Lavine and DeRozan as their 2 best players.

Dumping players for nothing now is bad. But it's still way better than playing them now so we treadmill for 35 wins then lose them all for nothing in the summer anyways
I dont see 35 wins currently.

Again, it's impossible to treadmill when you have the number of assets the Jazz do. Yall are so damn lame.

I'd probably do the Sexton for Lonzo one. Not necessarily as a way of dumping Sexton, but trading for the (perhaps very slight) chance to have Lonzo play for us next season. Like trading for a protected pick: maybe you end up with something, maybe with nothing.
Whenever someone plans to return to NBA basketball with a dead person's meniscus in their knee, you should probably temper the expectations.

And we are actually sabotaging our players trade value right now by sticking with them on the floor. Like Sexton for example might generate negative trade value and require us to attach picks just to dump his salary with the way he's been playing.

And we are actually sabotaging our players trade value right now by sticking with them on the floor. Like Sexton for example might generate negative trade value and require us to attach picks just to dump his salary with the way he's been playing.
Sexton is shooting 49% from the field and 35% from three. He's shooting a heck of a lot better than the other guards.

Sexton isn't that bad to where you just dump him. Or at least I hope he isn't that bad.
Agreed. Although unfortunately thus far this season he is. Can't be many more games at this level before he becomes a dumping target.

From what I can infer from Locke Sexton often makes mistakes running plays and that's why he is losing minutes
Its not just mistakes running plays though. He has an awful habit of adding a pointless dribble instead of shooting, passing, or driving immediately.

All of Sexton/THT/JC/Dunn's issues are made worse by playing with those guys. We got too many guys that want to line up the defense and drive while dribbling the air out of the ball.

Its not just mistakes running plays though. He has an awful habit of adding a pointless dribble instead of shooting, passing, or driving immediately.

All of Sexton/THT/JC/Dunn's issues are made worse by playing with those guys. We got too many guys that want to line up the defense and drive while dribbling the air out of the ball.
And for those of us that play basketball... these are often the least fun guys to play with. Even if they are really good.

Clarkson also needs to go in January. The guys looks beyond miserable. Ainge needs to do him a solid and send him to be 6th man for the Lakers or another playoff team.
I’d like the Lakers to drop the pick protections and then I’d like something else. I’d say a couple seconds but to Ainge that’s like bending over to pick up $20 and he’s too good for that.

I’d like the Lakers to drop the pick protections and then I’d like something else. I’d say a couple seconds but to Ainge that’s like bending over to pick up $20 and he’s too good for that.
I get that feeling too but Collins was just moved for a SRP. How much more value does JC have than Collins? The saving grace might be the declining contract for Clarkson.

How would you feel about this return for Lauri if we decided to trade him?

Jazz trade-
Lauri

Receive -
Dariq Whitehead
Royce O'neale
Suns 25 1st
Suns 27 1st
Suns 29 1st

This idea was thrown out on the Realgm trade board with the original trade sending Lauri to the wolves and KAT to the Nets. The nets fan that responded though preferred cutting the wolves out and taking Lauri. Those unprotected Suns picks are pretty damn enticing and I really like the potential of Whitehead as well. For the nets I think the trade makes them a legit contender in the east.

The other side of trading Lauri is that maybe John Collins blows up with a larger role and he builds some real trade value.

The problem with Sexton is that he’s a good, efficient scorer and yet everyone knows he’s still not good. He’s just so bad at the other stuff. I think the days of looking at Sexton’s contract as a bargain are over.

How would you feel about this return for Lauri if we decided to trade him?

Jazz trade-
Lauri

Receive -
Dariq Whitehead
Royce O'neale
Suns 25 1st
Suns 27 1st
Suns 29 1st

This idea was thrown out on the Realgm trade board with the original trade sending Lauri to the wolves and KAT to the Nets. The nets fan that responded though preferred cutting the wolves out and taking Lauri. Those unprotected Suns picks are pretty damn enticing and I really like the potential of Whitehead as well. For the nets I think the trade makes them a legit contender in the east.

The other side of trading Lauri is that maybe John Collins blows up with a larger role and he builds some real trade value.
We can do better. Lauri would have a wide market.

We can do better. Lauri would have a wide market.
Who do you think could make a better offer than that? The beauty of that trade is we get picks from a different team so it doesn't matter how good Lauri makes them. Those 27 and 29 suns pick could be gold. Even the 25 pick could have a decent chance at being a borderline lottery pick with the injury history of Durant. The only team that I think could beat that offer is the thunder but they may not have interest since Holmgren is primed to play the same role as Lauri.

Back