What's new

Trade ideas

I wonder how good we feel about retaining Lauri if it’s not a renegotiate and extend. John Collins really limited a lot of our flexibility if renegotiate and extend is a must for Lauri.

I wonder how good we feel about retaining Lauri if it’s not a renegotiate and extend. John Collins really limited a lot of our flexibility if renegotiate and extend is a must for Lauri.

FO must have something in mind because that Collins deal will not age well if he is on the team in the off-season.

FO must have something in mind because that Collins deal will not age well if he is on the team in the off-season.

If they have in mind that we want to renegotiate+extend Lauri, we can't really make any trades that bring back future salary. Makes dealing KO, THT, and even Clarkson to some extent more difficult. I hope they have a good pulse on how Lauri's feeling about resigning with and without renegotiate+extend.

If they have in mind that we want to renegotiate+extend Lauri, we can't really make any trades that bring back future salary. Makes dealing KO, THT, and even Clarkson to some extent more difficult. I hope they have a good pulse on how Lauri's feeling about resigning with and without renegotiate+extend.

I’m sure they do but it’s not the best situation to be in. Really not liking that Collins deal at the moment.

Hollinger and Duncan talked on a potential Lauri to OKC deal and how good a fit it is and how Ainge would ask for the world. Nate kinda thinks it’s worth it even if the cost is in the Gobert range.

They didn’t add much but just thought it was interesting.

We are definitely trying to renegotiate and sign him and should be fine to do that. We might have to move Collin or Clarkson if we took on some future salary. There is absolutely no way we should just let Lauri play out his deal here without extension. It’s an auto trade if he doesn’t sign the extension.

Hollinger and Duncan talked on a potential Lauri to OKC deal and how good a fit it is and how Ainge would ask for the world. Nate kinda thinks it’s worth it even if the cost is in the Gobert range.

They didn’t add much but just thought it was interesting.

Was trying to listen to this but they want $19 a month? Lol

We are definitely trying to renegotiate and sign him and should be fine to do that. We might have to move Collin or Clarkson if we took on some future salary. There is absolutely no way we should just let Lauri play out his deal here without extension. It’s an auto trade if he doesn’t sign the extension.

The problem is the renegotiate and extend with Lauri will take up all of our cap space this summer if we don’t move some guys for expiring salary.

The problem is the renegotiate and extend with Lauri will take up all of our cap space this summer if we don’t move some guys for expiring salary.
I mean I kinda already knew this doe. Its why I had such a hard time with the John Collins is free narrative. He cost us two years or more of hunting in the FA market for better players that would have more tradeable contracts.

I mean I kinda already knew this doe. Its why I had such a hard time with the John Collins is free narrative. He cost us two years or more of hunting in the FA market for better players that would have more tradeable contracts.

You did, I had higher hopes for him but have come around and agree that you were right.

Was trying to listen to this but they want $19 a month? Lol
One of the things they mentioned is that they could also have enough room to renegotiate and sign Lauri. Its a thought I have had as well and a reason they may be willing to push a lot to the middle of the table to get him.

John Collins to Detroit for Joe Harris

Who says no?
For PR reasons the Jazz say no. I don’t know what his status is, if he’s injured or what, but he’s barely playing, and to dump Collins now makes it hard to counteract the idea that you have no idea WTF is going on or where you’re headed, even if what you’re doing is helping right the ship, since acquiring Collins is so fresh. If it were a year from now you could argue, “hey, we tried it and it isn’t working out.” A dump this soon looks bad (even though it would be a dynamite move).

For PR reasons the Jazz say no. I don’t know what his status is, if he’s injured or what, but he’s barely playing, and to dump Collins now makes it hard to o counteract the idea that you have no idea WTF is going on or where you’re headed, even if what you’re doing is helping right the ship.
I think Detroit would be the team to say no. Jazz PR would be fine. Detroit needs good bigs but they have already committed a bunch of cap to Bagley/Wiseman/Stewart and also have Duren.

I think the Jazz could cut bait and say they wanted to kick the tires and new there was no harm no foul (if the team could actually get an expiring contract for him). Could claim they always knew they could at very worst get out of jail free.

For PR reasons the Jazz say no. I don’t know what his status is, if he’s injured or what, but he’s barely playing, and to dump Collins now makes it hard to counteract the idea that you have no idea WTF is going on or where you’re headed, even if what you’re doing is helping right the ship, since acquiring Collins is so fresh. If it were a year from now you could argue, “hey, we tried it and it isn’t working out.” A dump this soon looks bad (even though it would be a dynamite move).

It’s funny you say that. Jazz fans on Twitter used this exact reasoning on why they wouldn’t do it.

Why would we trade him for less than what we gave up for him so quickly? That was their logic.

I think Detroit would be the team to say no. Jazz PR would be fine. Detroit needs good bigs but they have already committed a bunch of cap to Bagley/Wiseman/Stewart and also have Duren.

I think the Jazz could cut bait and say they wanted to kick the tires and new there was no harm no foul (if the team could actually get an expiring contract for him). Could claim they always knew they could at very worst get out of jail free.

Reading through the tea leaves from last year it does sound like there are some teams who would take a chance on Collins.